[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I very happy for you, but I hope you can find someone to take over this project.

Claira's KSPX just kind of ended up as an orphan.

I can understand if no new parts come out, but it would be a shame if a new KSP version comes out and these just die off.

im glad for your sake but im also a bit pissed off. squad end up hiring talented modders, preventing further development on the fantastic mods they made and as an added bonus, ksp doesnt come out with new parts in the rate youd think after having acquired so many part makers. why do they hire so many part makers if they arent making any parts? im sad to see this go because it has a great style that will never be seen in official ksp parts.. :mad:

Devs stop it, just when i start to love a mod, the authors get snapped up...

Bac9, great job on being offered a job.

Other modders please lok at this and consider picking this up, i dont want this pack to die like the KSPX pack did

Official parts have certain standards that they have to meet, whereas mod parts only have to be good enough to make their users happy. That's why the packs "die" - players have to wait for a new game version for new parts, instead of whenever the partmaker feels that enough are ready to release a new set.

Why do you guys think the parts are dying? KSPX is going away because the parts are going to be truly refined in .20

And in maybe .21 or something B9 parts will be in

I don't think mod parts are dying, but the concern over whether or not a much followed and liked mod suddenly ceasing development due to hiring is still valid. It also has the side effect of causing a kind of taboo over responding to mod threads because they're worried that something they use and enjoy if popular enough will suddenly cease all operations, and eventually become unusable due to the creator being entirely occupied and with everyone else having no clue how to put the hypothetical broken pieces together again.

That said debating unstated actions and intentions especially over an event so new is best left to a different thread....

So how about some info about that remaining engine that will be in 2.6 that we know nothing about? Pretty please with a lit SRB on top?

Edited by shadowsutekh

well truely what i think if the parts he has made are already compatible if they want then in the game they will be in the game if not then it will stay a mod but i dont think he will stop development on this unless they add some of his parts into the game

moxzot, the whole point of hiring someone as a developer is so that the stuff they work on (whether that be parts, internals, code, etc) goes into the stock experience instead of being a mod - C7 no longer updates the C7 Flight Pack, Nova no longer updates Silisko Edition, Romfarer likely will no longer update the Lazor System. Unless bac9 hands off the project and works on other kinds of parts, the only space we'll see "Tetragon Projects" is in the manufacturer line of the part descriptions.

That being said, I wish bac9 well in his new position.

Probably his parts look too hi-tech for the whole "Early space age" vibe KSP uses. :D Even our real life current constructions are far from looking so sleek and advanced.

Thats because space tech has not advanced in the last 30-40 years.

Thats because space tech has not advanced in the last 30-40 years.

I suggest taxing religious institutions in the US and sending the tax revenue to NASA. All of it. For one of the greatest instances of irony in human history.

I hate to tell you this, but the 'ModuleCommand' is a stock PartModule.

Ahh, yes you're right, but the latest version of RemoteTech doesn't use the ModuleCommand part module in the unmanned probes, it is replaced by the ModuleRemoteTechSPU part module. I tested it out, and it works as it should. This is only for those running the latest version of RemoteTech though.

The problem with Squad acquiring these talented modders is that the content output greatly decreases. They take the best modders and usually, because of it, their previously released content becomes outdated with the latest release of a patch that adds a surprisingly meager amount of new parts. I personally wouldn't be playing KSP if it weren't for the mods. And with their acquisition of bac9, I seriously doubt we will see anything resembling the style of this pack in official parts, as it clashes with the art direction of the KSP developers. They take away huge amounts of 3rd party content from this game for too little gain, which will turn people away unless Squad seriously starts churning out more parts.

With that said, I hope they give bac9 the creative freedom he deserves.

Edited by MAKC

Congrats with your new job.

Would it be posible to finish the parts that are near completion before terminating the mod?

It was a great mod ,only sorry to see it go so soon.

I see this in no way shape or form being a bad thing. Imagine if Nova or C7 never got hired by Squad. Where would we be now? Sure their work might take a little longer to come out now, but the polish IN the work is going to be amazing for sure. I am happy to have acquired a new member.

I see this in no way shape or form being a bad thing. Imagine if Nova or C7 never got hired by Squad. Where would we be now? Sure their work might take a little longer to come out now, but the polish IN the work is going to be amazing for sure. I am happy to have acquired a new member.

Bac9 probably has the best looking textures I've seen as far as parts here go, they should have him redesign pretty much everything, including the assembly buildings which are looking a bit long in the tooth now.

I love that Squad has taken this approach to expanding their team. Letting natural talent rise to the surface, and hiring them, and incentivizing them. If they keep this up, I can imagine that this will be one of the most dynamic games and teams I have ever encountered. Good luck Bac9, good luck.