[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

well im sure he will finish with 2.6 since from what i can gather its close to being there.

That's not what people are worried about. They're worried that the diversity of mods will dwindle and die out due to the some of the community's fear that Squad will hire popular talented modders then stifle the creativity to fit a rigid art style.

"Oh no! We can't have mod(der)s getting too good or too popular, because then their stuff will become stock and no one will ever use it!"

... seriously?

Bac9's stuff won't probably become stock. They don't fit the general design of KSP ;)

Bac9's stuff won't probably become stock. They don't fit the general design of KSP ;)

Neither did Silisko's creations, at the time that he was recruited. However, the current look of the stock parts is, IMO, almost entirely his. His style became the new standard.

First off Congratz to Bac9 on the new job! In the long run I think this is nothing but good news. More talented hands and heads at Squad just means less time between updates. I dont think the art style of KSP is going to constrain any of Squad's creativity. Remember Harv's Rant Dev blog? New stuff is coming, like a career mode to help with that "where to next? bottom of the page" feeling some of you vets get. Personally I'd love to see Bac9's imprint on the game especially big new things still to come, even if it means a bit less fun for now.

Bac9 probably has the best looking textures I've seen as far as parts here go, they should have him redesign pretty much everything, including the assembly buildings which are looking a bit long in the tooth now.
^THIS. Just like the runway and the launch pad I hope. :)

Don't suppose anyone has any info on how to attach things inside cargo bays? Try as I might I just can't get any larger items inside (even if they should easily fit)... nothing will snap to the correct clip points.

The day I chose to try this mod out, you were hired. Sounds like a win to me. I hope they put your talent to good use. I like the pieces save for they are very circumstantial. I have the same complaint with a few other parts mods; I like the stock parts because they mostly all fit together (some of the aerospace parts, obviously, not so much). The command pods are freaking awesome. And the quality throughout cannot be denied. Fantastic work. I eagerly await what is to come from your official capacity.

However, I do not know if there are rules that prohibit a staff member from having a 'pet project', so it may be possible he'll decide to maintain it on the side. This is the problem with mods and modding in general. There is a sort of general agreement with the staff that they will work on the game, but mods can come and go as they please, regardless of promise or popularity. All it takes is the creator to lose interest and voila, gone. It's incredibly selfish to be bothered at all that he would be employed by Squad. After all, he could have been hired by EA or Ubisoft, or some other third party making AFN commercials to the same effect. His fans should be glad that they'll see his work in an official capacity instead, might even ensure he'll be sticking around for some time.

Edited by Hyomoto

I don't understand how you can be unhappy with his new job. Sure it'll be a while between updates, but ultimately we get a better game everyone can enjoy. It seems like a win-win to me, Bac9 (hopefully) enjoys his work and everyone, not just people that use addons, profits from it.

I think the concern about updates is a bit overblown in this case. Admittedly, when a modder is hired on by Squad all of their mods have historically come to a rather abrupt end. However, in this case it's important to remember that Bac9 hasn't been working on this mod alone. From what I can tell its been a joint project between him and Taverius.

So even though Bac9 will no longer be working on the mod it seems to me that we still have Taverius to hold the torch.

Anyway, congratulations Bac9. I'm sure the game will be much improved through your contributions as part of the dev team.

I think it is fantastic that Squad is hiring directly from the modding community. This way they get very talented people, who already know how the program works, and who have a real passion for the game and it's community. That's a win win situation IMHO. Congratulations Bac9!

well regardless the level of amazing work he has done here i doubt that it will just be forgotten by squad maybe not all the cockpits will be added or they may replace some of the existing cockpits but i think the pack it great if it gets added to ksp just means ill have to wait longer to see his awesome work

edit: lets be honest here the stock shuttle cockpit without a proper nosecone looks retarded

Edited by moxzot

ÃÂртёÃ¼ ×уõò ? Ãœþø ÿþ÷ôрðòûõýøÑÂ.