[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

These are not rumors, nor facts its strictly my opinions in what I have noticed. Below I'll show you what has lead me to believe bac9 may not possibly be with SQUAD. I hope he replies to let us all know. I attempted to contact him.

His blog on his awesome work.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/747-The-Making-Of-New-KSC

A comment below his blog.

[Pyotor Gagarin - 30th July 2013 18:36

Report Comment

|

Reply Reply

Bac9 is defending the heart of your game here. You should stand behind him.

Here's the original quote I was referring to. It's since been removed from the devblog: (thanks)

(EDIT: This is wholly the opinion of our dev blogger and in no way to be misconstrued as an official statement from Squad. We applaud failure in equal measurement as success in KSP.)]

Here is the links to the articles. Take a look at the "Developement Updates-KSP Dev Team Updates". =August-06-2013; No mention of bac9. July-30-2013; "Artyom (Bac9): Enjoyed playing the release for a few minutes, fixed a few things in the old models and started work on the content for the next release. Such is life. "

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/205-KSP-Weekly-August-06-2013

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/204-KSP-Weekly-July-30-2013

I am too analytical and very observant to not put these facts together. Hope I am wrong. If squad had that many things wrong in their development who knows what the future of KSP will bring. Either get someone like bac9 to fix all these errors to make everything run smooth or have a game with constant upgrades, performance issues requiring more system resources than their needs to be, constant battles with mods working with KSP. KSP is great but I think they released it too early. Will be nice when all these kinks get worked out. But they should have had the foundation set first then build on that. Instead they keep changing how to game functions and operates and where all along for the ride. Something of novice development. Life goes on. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

This doesn't really make as much sense as you seem to think, but I can see where you got the ideas from. Considering how Bac9 is really putting a lot of effort into the 3dmodelling developments of the game (compare buildings from .20 & .21,) I wouldn't jump off from one article saying he's not a part of Squad. Could be he's still on his Vacation week before the article, or possibly that he was unavailable to talk about his works because there is a lot to be done.

Ultimately unless Bac9 pulls a Fish and straight up comes out on Twitter or whatever and posts a comment about leaving, it's probably safe to say he's still developing for Squad.

Despite starting with a fresh install (i.e. no other mods), I can't seem to get this pack to load. I've installed it according to the instructions, but when KSP finishes the loading splash the game crashes. Reading the error log, it seems to crash in the middle of loading the B9 cockpits. Any ideas?

Despite starting with a fresh install (i.e. no other mods), I can't seem to get this pack to load. I've installed it according to the instructions, but when KSP finishes the loading splash the game crashes. Reading the error log, it seems to crash in the middle of loading the B9 cockpits. Any ideas?

Out of curiosity, how much video RAM do you have?

These are not rumors, nor facts its strictly my opinions in what I have noticed. Below I'll show you what has lead me to believe bac9 may not possibly be with SQUAD. I hope he replies to let us all know. I attempted to contact him.

His blog on his awesome work.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/747-The-Making-Of-New-KSC

A comment below his blog.

[Pyotor Gagarin - 30th July 2013 18:36

Report Comment

|

Reply Reply

Bac9 is defending the heart of your game here. You should stand behind him.

Here's the original quote I was referring to. It's since been removed from the devblog: (thanks)

(EDIT: This is wholly the opinion of our dev blogger and in no way to be misconstrued as an official statement from Squad. We applaud failure in equal measurement as success in KSP.)]

Here is the links to the articles. Take a look at the "Developement Updates-KSP Dev Team Updates". =August-06-2013; No mention of bac9. July-30-2013; "Artyom (Bac9): Enjoyed playing the release for a few minutes, fixed a few things in the old models and started work on the content for the next release. Such is life. "

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/205-KSP-Weekly-August-06-2013

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/204-KSP-Weekly-July-30-2013

I am too analytical and very observant to not put these facts together. Hope I am wrong. If squad had that many things wrong in their development who knows what the future of KSP will bring. Either get someone like bac9 to fix all these errors to make everything run smooth or have a game with constant upgrades, performance issues requiring more system resources than their needs to be, constant battles with mods working with KSP. KSP is great but I think they released it too early. Will be nice when all these kinks get worked out. But they should have had the foundation set first then build on that. Instead they keep changing how to game functions and operates and where all along for the ride. Something of novice development. Life goes on. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

Just to clarify, B9 is on the latest KSP Weekly apologizing for missing the last one. (8/13)

Compared to some games KSP is much more complete, and remember we basically bought early access to KSP. For Example when Sword of the Stars 2 "Released" it wasn't even playable(took about a year to be playable), Though I will stress that it was released well ahead of when it should've.... (The guy in charge of deciding if it was release-worthy was stuck in traffic when it happened, and they did make up for it....)

Just to clarify, B9 is on the latest KSP Weekly apologizing for missing the last one. (8/13)

Heck ya. Thanks for clarifying. I am glad I was wrong. Im a huge fan of his work and looking forward to see the progress of KSP. B9 pack is brilliant. Cheers!

Having a problem with the large sabre engines. When in jet mode and at high altitude, they begin to produce unequal thrust even though it has plenty air from the intakes. I'd like to be able to take my ship as high as possible before I activate rocket mode as the TWR is to low in rocket mode.

Having a problem with the large sabre engines. When in jet mode and at high altitude, they begin to produce unequal thrust even though it has plenty air from the intakes. I'd like to be able to take my ship as high as possible before I activate rocket mode as the TWR is to low in rocket mode.

They work that way on purpose for balance reasons. Make your turn earlier and get more horizontal speed. I actually try to keep about 100ms vertical acceleration as I get close to orbital velocity and try to postpone the switch as long as possible. What your fighting is drag at that point. Try to maximize your speed just as the engines run out of air.

The R3.3 package I downloaded has the game data directory name as "Gamedata"; it should be "GameData", notice the embedded capital 'D'. While this may not matter on Windows systems, it certainly matters on Linux systems. Fixing that might cut down on confusion from non-Windows players.

They work that way on purpose for balance reasons. Make your turn earlier and get more horizontal speed. I actually try to keep about 100ms vertical acceleration as I get close to orbital velocity and try to postpone the switch as long as possible. What your fighting is drag at that point. Try to maximize your speed just as the engines run out of air.

I think he's referring to how jets with multiple engines tend to produce slightly uneven thrust at high altitudes, even with a perfectly symmetrical craft that's flying perfectly straight, which causes a flat spin. I've found it's not just B9 engines, stock ones are affected by this as well.

One of the other mods I'm using also uses Snjo's Firespitter.dll (KOSMOS), except that one is using the latest v5.5, while the B9 bundled one is only v5.3 (I think) and, well I don't think they're getting along very well (firespitter v5.5 and B9 v3.3) because the SABRE engines look like they're running in the VAB/SPH, and the thrust indicators point backwards :(

Unfortunately they're not in this weeks weekly, probably due to time zones again

Sounds like there is a big push on to get the basic science/R&D implemented so they could be caught up with making content/assets for that still?

I would download this mod if it wasn't so confusing. It gives me a headache just trying to figure out all the parts.

It's pretty straightforward once you've built a few planes with them. Take a little time to find your way around the parts -- it's worth it.

Am I the only one who think S3 supersonic pod interior should be placed higher? Is there a way to fix that?

This is my biggest gripe with all the cockpits, including most of the stock ones -- you just can't see out of them very well. With the supersonic interior you can't even see what your throttle setting is without looking over to your extreme right.