[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I love this mod real.

To bad (when use) it takes yet good the half of the damn 4 GB Memorylimit.

It is real a shame this limit.

How cool could we make KSP without it?.......

That's coming from the UnityEngine, the KSP Developers would have to swap out the game engine and rewrite the whole game for it, which would be rediculous.

The easiest thing would propably be to port KSP to a 64bit version of the UnityEngine, but for that we would need a working and stable 64bit UnityEngine, which I don't if it exists yet.

There are also A LOT of Threads regarding 64bit compatibility, I recommend checking those out.

That's coming from the UnityEngine, the KSP Developers would have to swap out the game engine and rewrite the whole game for it, which would be rediculous.

The easiest thing would propably be to port KSP to a 64bit version of the UnityEngine, but for that we would need a working and stable 64bit UnityEngine, which I don't if it exists yet.

There are also A LOT of Threads regarding 64bit compatibility, I recommend checking those out.

But they did say they were working on a 64bit right? It seems like ive read that many times around the forums

But they did say they were working on a 64bit right? It seems like ive read that many times around the forums

Oh, they're working on it, but most of that work involves waiting for Unity to release a 64-bit Unity engine on Windows that is stable enough to use for KSP.

I think that they are already using it on the linux build, but, apparently it just isn't quite there yet on Windows.... but it will happen.

Oh, they're working on it, but most of that work involves waiting for Unity to release a 64-bit Unity engine on Windows that is stable enough to use for KSP.

I think that they are already using it on the linux build, but, apparently it just isn't quite there yet on Windows.... but it will happen.

I'd love to use Linux as a dual-boot on my computer, but haven't read favorable things about Nvidia cards and Linux playing nice.

i have a wish: the mk2 parts (that space shuttle like) a number biger (3.75m), to build "real sized" space shuttles and transport larger payload. i know, there are biger parts, but they don't looks like a shuttle. i'm not a 3d-modeler, so i can't resize these parts by my self. it would realy great if u do that.

if you want more deatils, let me know :)

i have a wish: the mk2 parts (that space shuttle like) a number biger (3.75m), to build "real sized" space shuttles and transport larger payload. i know, there are biger parts, but they don't looks like a shuttle. i'm not a 3d-modeler, so i can't resize these parts by my self. it would realy great if u do that.

if you want more deatils, let me know :)

You can resize parts very easily by changing the "rescaleFactor" line in the part config.

Is there anywhere s2 wide body developing materials, like source models or atleast it's dimensions? Since author now working on other things it would be nice to have such information to be able to expand variety of s2 wide parts.

You can resize parts very easily by changing the "rescaleFactor" line in the part config.

oh, cool, thanks. but which number it is?

and then there is a problem with the pod. larger pod has more seats, but the IVA is just for two kerbals. i think there is a litle bit more to do as just resize the part it self.

oh, cool, thanks. but which number it is?

and then there is a problem with the pod. larger pod has more seats, but the IVA is just for two kerbals. i think there is a litle bit more to do as just resize the part it self.

In the cfg just look for the line that says

rescalfactor= 1 then you will have to play with the numbers until you figure out the size you want. i usally go in .5 increments.

The amount of kerbals im not sure about, i saw a line that had crew capacity, but if you changed that line then where it would put all the extra kerbals?

I thought maybe you could add some seats but that falls in into the actual model i believe

But i know someone here smarter than me will be able to help you

I'd love to use Linux as a dual-boot on my computer, but haven't read favorable things about Nvidia cards and Linux playing nice.

The non favourable things you would have read would be in regards to open source vs closed source/proprietary drivers. Linux itself is open source, we can take the code, look at it, modify it etc etc unlike windows where we don't get the code, only the OS itself. There are also linux users who believe that just about all software should be open source. NVidia do make a perfectly fine working set of drivers for linux, they work without any real issues, unless you love open source software. NVidia don't release any source code for their drivers, nor do they release detailed hardware diagrams to make it possible for someone to write their own open source driver (well, actually there is a group making an open source driver but it sucks, as of yesterday NVidia are also sending this group some more info to help them at last). This is where people complain, some people plain refuse to use the proprietary drivers and are left with the buggy open source one.

AMD do linux drivers too, but they suck. They do at least release some hardware details though so there are some half decent open source drivers.

The non favourable things you would have read would be in regards to open source vs closed source/proprietary drivers. Linux itself is open source, we can take the code, look at it, modify it etc etc unlike windows where we don't get the code, only the OS itself. There are also linux users who believe that just about all software should be open source. NVidia do make a perfectly fine working set of drivers for linux, they work without any real issues, unless you love open source software. NVidia don't release any source code for their drivers, nor do they release detailed hardware diagrams to make it possible for someone to write their own open source driver (well, actually there is a group making an open source driver but it sucks, as of yesterday NVidia are also sending this group some more info to help them at last). This is where people complain, some people plain refuse to use the proprietary drivers and are left with the buggy open source one.

AMD do linux drivers too, but they suck. They do at least release some hardware details though so there are some half decent open source drivers.

Hmm, now to see about setting up a dual boot in my computer for KSP. I'll probably find some other uses of it as well

Hmm, now to see about setting up a dual boot in my computer for KSP. I'll probably find some other uses of it as well

Wanna learn to program? I find linux a much nicer environment than windows with the exception of .NET languages (fully possible on linux thanks to mono, its just more straight forward to install visual studio and be done with it on windows).

Otherwise, free operating system. Can do most of your windows stuff in it. Even got steam on linux now.

For newcomers I usually recommend ubuntu, linux mint or bodhi. The latter 2 are based on ubuntu and software bundled up for ubuntu will run on them. Its just I dislike the ubuntu UI and the latter 2 have alternative sets of pre-installed software (you get flash, java and DVD codecs pre-installed in mint but not in ubuntu for example and bodhi aiming to be a minimalist system has basically nothing). Take a look at what they offer.

Wanna learn to program? I find linux a much nicer environment than windows with the exception of .NET languages (fully possible on linux thanks to mono, its just more straight forward to install visual studio and be done with it on windows).

Otherwise, free operating system. Can do most of your windows stuff in it. Even got steam on linux now.

For newcomers I usually recommend ubuntu, linux mint or bodhi. The latter 2 are based on ubuntu and software bundled up for ubuntu will run on them. Its just I dislike the ubuntu UI and the latter 2 have alternative sets of pre-installed software (you get flash, java and DVD codecs pre-installed in mint but not in ubuntu for example and bodhi aiming to be a minimalist system has basically nothing). Take a look at what they offer.

I don't have the time to learn to program anymore, I just want to let KSP make the most out of my machine (even though it'll probably only use 1 core still, it can use more then 3-4 gigs of RAM)

Its amazing but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add new types of landing gear! Im getting so tired of rigging the vanilla gear like crap so it kinda sorta works. other than that: AMAZING!

MSI/Wayland will be releasing many landing gear configs soon. I think around 19 was mentioned at one time.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-8a

Hey please creator of B9 look at this post for some reason on the strugatsky i cant close the ramp and the payload bay doors im in the current version of 21.1 current mods:B9 Mechjeb 2 TiberDyneShuttle is there anything im doing wrong BTW the big engines ships arent working either thank you! :) P.S i installed everything correctly. and put it in the gamedata folder or. do i have to put it in the Squad folder?

Edited by Guest

Does anyone happen to know if there's a patch for the 2 man and 3 man shuttle cockpit's IVA for the B9 pack? The 2 man IVA is barely usable, and the 3 man doesn't even have windows. It seems completely broken.

Is it possible to use Touhou Torpedo's MK4 IVA for the 3 man pod? Maybe one of the FASA pod IVAs for the 2 man pod?

I've only found posts in this thread of people hating the IVAs, but haven't found anyone with a fix yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Happy to let everyone know that TT's Stock MK3 IVA replacement DOES work for the B9 MK5 cockpit seamlessly. Download it here: MK3 Cockpit Internals

Edited by amo28
Tested and found out.

Hey please creator of B9 look at this post for some reason on the strugatsky i cant close the ramp and the payload bay doors im in the current version of 21.1 current mods:B9 Mechjeb 2 TiberDyneShuttle is there anything im doing wrong BTW the big engines ships arent working either thank you! :) P.S i installed everything correctly. and put it in the gamedata folder or. do i have to put it in the Squad folder?

If you have not tried this. Download a fresh version and install. Make sure you have the plugins installed also

should look like

Gamedata

B9<------in this folder parts,props,resources,spaces

and these 4 plugins will be where the mods are

Firespitter

exsurgentengineering

KineTechAnimation

ResGen

and whatever else mods you have

Edited by viperwolf

I have an issue with B9 pack - any time when i try to use any wings or winglets from this pack my plane starts shaking in yaw axis despite large vertical control surfaces - can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

P.s. - all joints are perfectly rigid and reinforced with struts

I have an issue with B9 pack - any time when i try to use any wings or winglets from this pack my plane starts shaking in yaw axis despite large vertical control surfaces - can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

P.s. - all joints are perfectly rigid and reinforced with struts

I've also been having problems with B9. I think the big control surfaces do not play well with the new ASAS - they tend to flap about madly causing the craft to shake itself apart. I posted about this before but noone else seems to have the same problem.