[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Is there any chance of seeing a texture redux patch?

It looks like both B9 and NovaPunch have open license, so I'll put it on my docket. This one is pretty straight forward, .png's are easy to shrinkalate and he's already done a lot of consolidation. If the original author wants to do this though, I'll hold off for a few days and let him respond.

It looks like both B9 and NovaPunch have open license, so I'll put it on my docket. This one is pretty straight forward, .png's are easy to shrinkalate and he's already done a lot of consolidation. If the original author wants to do this though, I'll hold off for a few days and let him respond.

Leave 2 weeks for bac9 to respond. He looks at his forum posts from time to time. (also if you do take up the project: \/ read this)

On an unrelated note: The ladders & railings (and probable some other stuff) have a crash tolerance of 400. I have done testing with ladders and from a 2000km vertical drop, the ladder just BOUNCES off the ground. I will say it again it BOUNCES! Seriously that kind of stuff cannot be indestructable.

Just wanted to let everyone know that while bac9 is very busy, I'm back in business and will be working on a small update.

We have a couple of new parts for you to play with, likely a new stock craft, and I'll be going through 100-odd pages of thread looking for bugs to fix (not looking forward to it). Depending on how long it takes this may come after 0.22, but it is coming :D

I want to know if there's a way to add a mono propellant type tank to hold said B9 compressed air for longer thruster duration.

B9CompressedAir is marked NO_FLOW on purpose. Its only supposed to work a) in atmosphere B) have small reserves regenerated by the little generators in the parts.

I would have a small feature request, once there is an update again :D instead of two seperate RCS-thruster, wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a maneuver thruster that can switch from compressed air to monopropellant?

This is ... not really possible right now, without a custom plugin ... and we're already using one for the AirCS, so I can see a mountain of problems coming that way.

Is it me, or are the VTOL engines included with this mod a bit OP. I built an 8 engine VTOL on a small plane, I'm using it to pick up Kethane from my Kerbal Kethane miner and want it to have a snappy response hence the engines. Anyway on my first flight of this plane I got distracted for about 20 seconds whilst at 20,000km and next thing I noticed I had flamed out and was well and truly heading for space, 120,000km's out or some such. If I had a small rocket and some oxidizer on board circlisation would not have been a problem. Now, I look at the numbers of the VTOL jets vs the stock jets and they seem fairly balanced, perhaps a little too light. I haven't built a stock engine VTOL just to see, however it seems a bit silly?? Thoughts?
I think it's to do with the VTOL engines not having the diminishing returns against speed that the other B9 airbreathing engines have, so their thrust doesn't drop off as you go faster.

velocityCurve
{
// Based on Fnet data from NASA EngineSim, curve fitted with MuMech CurveEd
key = 0 1 0 -0.002
key = 500 0.67 0 0
key = 550 0.44 -0.01 -0.01
key = 605 0 0 0
}

Its a limitation of ModuleEngines - it doesn't model jets anywhere near realistically, so its possible to do things like that with any air-breathing engine.

Also, this has been bothering me- Do the precoolers actually do anything?

I'm afraid the precoolers are inert/non-functinal/just for looks right now. :)

We'd like to have them do things ... I'm planning to test something regarding that in the future.

So the S2 hypersonic nose section - does the windscreen gimmick work? All I can do is turn the cockpit lights on/off.

It was lights or window and we decided to go for lights in the end. We might enable it again, there's a way to do it now, but bac9 is currently just too busy.

Additionally, I notice bac9 uses the "Kinetech Animation Library" for animating the intakes with regards to atmospheric conditions. A quick googling resulted in a few videos posted by bac9/Taverius and nothing else of note.

Its something Kine made for a project he never completed, its just happened to do exactly what we needed to animate intakes with airspeed.

radial intakes need balancing -_-

No they do not.

Can anyone tell me why the engines automatically throttle down sometimes? When i'm flying at a height of 1000 m, the engines only put out ~75 kN, but if i activate the airbrakes/start pitching up, they will start to put out their full ~115 kN. This is annoying, as, even though it might save fuel, it keeps me from testing how fast my plane can go. Has it got something to do with this?

atmosphereCurve
{
// Based on Isp/TSFC data from NASA EngineSim, and Kerbin atmo.
key = 0 1731 0 -8600000
key = 7.5E-06 1675 0 0
key = 0.0006 1781 0 0
key = 0.11 1715 0 0
key = 1 1800 120 0
}

Or this?

velocityCurve
{
// Based on Fnet data from NASA EngineSim, curve fitted with MuMech CurveEd
key = 0 1 0 -0.004
key = 200 0.67 0 0
key = 300 0.44 -0.008 -0.008
key = 350 0 -0.01 0
}

atmosphereCurve only affects Isp. velocityCurve changes thrust with airspeed, which creates the effect you are seeing. Yes, its necessary.

Edited by Taverius

Just wanted to let everyone know that while bac9 is very busy, I'm back in business and will be working on a small update.

We have a couple of new parts for you to play with, likely a new stock craft, and I'll be going through 100-odd pages of thread looking for bugs to fix (not looking forward to it). Depending on how long it takes this may come after 0.22, but it is coming :D

Thank you for the update, its good to hear that things are still going. Thank you

hi i wasn't sure to put this in add-on support or here but since add-on support didn't have a b9 page i thought i would go here any ways my question is regarding the s2 wide bodied parts and the m2 cargo parts not having surface attachment node coordinates but the s2 (slim bodied ?) parts do i was wondering why but more importantly does anyone know what they would be so i can manually add it to the con

Anyone knows of a fix to make the landing gear less wobbly? they have a very loose one point/line connection with the rest of your ship, moves a whole lot, the ones you attach to the side has the line going top to bottom making it very easy to wobble sideways, the landing gear you attach to the bottom has a similar line going between the two legs making them wobble back and forth under craft making them move sideways.

hi i wasn't sure to put this in add-on support or here but since add-on support didn't have a b9 page i thought i would go here any ways my question is regarding the s2 wide bodied parts and the m2 cargo parts not having surface attachment node coordinates but the s2 (slim bodied ?) parts do i was wondering why but more importantly does anyone know what they would be so i can manually add it to the con

I'll add it to the issue tracker.

Anyone knows of a fix to make the landing gear less wobbly? they have a very loose one point/line connection with the rest of your ship, moves a whole lot, the ones you attach to the side has the line going top to bottom making it very easy to wobble sideways, the landing gear you attach to the bottom has a similar line going between the two legs making them wobble back and forth under craft making them move sideways.

Struts.

hello, I looked in the thread and didn't find the answer to my question, so here it goes.

I would like to only install the airbrakes but can't figure out how to check which modules the part is dependent on (ExsurgentEngineering, Firespitter, KineTechAnimation , ResGen and other resources and props in the actual b9 folder).

I am trying to keep my GameData folder as clean as possible to facilitate troubleshooting with various mods. Simply saying what needs to be installed with the part would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!