[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

how are you hooking into the tree? Progressively or in one giant node?

That would be one huge node unit... please give us some plane parts from the (early) start B9 team, it'd make sense and allow for some more interesting choices to start a career :)

Big fan of your work and am sure I'll like whatever you come up with.

Cheerio pip pip

I think you're going to like this update. :)

Oh ho! Straight from the source himself, excellent! :D

Btw, Bac, I wish to give you major props on the new R&D center, the attention to detail is astounding! At least, I'm assuming you were the primary designer, the buildings have your 'look' to them. :)

If anyone hasn't done this yet, get a Kerbal in a rover and drive around amongst the new buildings. I saw a stairwell last night, and climbed all the way to the roof of a building, which is completely useless, yet awesome all the same, lol. Now, if you crash a plane or ship on a roof, you may be able to get down to the ground. If you see a ladder (as I did, went up to a walkway on top of a 'tank farm'), chances are you can climb it. Anyway, great details. :)

Back to the subject at hand, B9: I hope that the texture optimizations implemented by PolecatEZ will be incorporated in the next version. If not, kewl, but in that event I hope Polecat will work his magic once again.

Looking forward to seeing some new parts, and thanks for the great work you've already done, too. :)

seriously, you can't tease all of us here like that and not expect the occasional ETA question :P . Once you got used to building B9 planes, it's hard having to go back to stock planes, even if just for a little while...

All in favour of bac9 remodeling and reskinning all the stock parts with his awesomeness, say aye.

Seriously cannot wait for the integration with career mode. I'm waiting to play until it's done, B9 is too good to play without. I can't think why it hasn't been integrated into the main game yet.

I really think this would be great... but [! C:\Users\Andy\Downloads\uploads-2013-07-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R3-3 (2).zip: Unexpected end of archive]

The fact that it has a (2) on the end of it suggests there's at least one other copy of the archive in the same location, possibly two other copies. Or were, anyway. Is it possible you stopped the download after you realized you had already gotten it, and thus it's incomplete? If so one of the other copies may be complete.

The fact that it has a (2) on the end of it suggests there's at least one other copy of the archive in the same location, possibly two other copies. Or were, anyway. Is it possible you stopped the download after you realized you had already gotten it, and thus it's incomplete? If so one of the other copies may be complete.

Just delete all the copies and re-download...

Also, since you're using the SpacePort mirror, you can try the Mediafire instead... SpacePort tends to derp-out every once in awhile...

Question for BAC9 and company - any plans to update this to play nice with Career mode?

It's polite to go through the last couple pages before asking a question like that. Because, yes. And you're not the first to ask and you're not the first to be answered.

Some comments as i have been using B9 extensively for my SSTO's. We are missing some in line fuselage section options such as

- inline RTG (or retractable inline solar array) - so far i have been using the ion pack generators but these are round shaped only.

- inline docking port section for MK2 and S2

- batteries shaped for the above mentioned fuselages

- Maybe a downwards facing cargo bay. Sending rovers to atmosphere planets with FAR is quite a challenge without that (egg shaped capsule with proc fairings can do it, but it's not as pretty as a nice cargo SSTO delivering the rover directly to the surface..)

Also the S2 Wide multi mount adapters have overlapping nodes, especially the 4x1.25m engine mount, everything overlaps which makes mounting anything there with symmetry quite difficult.

Some comments as i have been using B9 extensively for my SSTO's. We are missing some in line fuselage section options such as

- inline RTG (or retractable inline solar array) - so far i have been using the ion pack generators but these are round shaped only.

Nah.

- inline docking port section for MK2 and S2

Mk2, maybe. For S2, use the radial, that's what its for. And yes, the blocky things on your fuselage is the aesthetic we're gong for.

- batteries shaped for the above mentioned fuselages

Nope.

- Maybe a downwards facing cargo bay. Sending rovers to atmosphere planets with FAR is quite a challenge without that (egg shaped capsule with proc fairings can do it, but it's not as pretty as a nice cargo SSTO delivering the rover directly to the surface..)

Last time I asked bac9 about this he wanted to shoot me, but who knows.

Also the S2 Wide multi mount adapters have overlapping nodes, especially the 4x1.25m engine mount, everything overlaps which makes mounting anything there with symmetry quite difficult.

Don't understand what you mean by overlapping nodes. There are no multiple nodes in the same position, and they're all set a distance for the diameter they're designed for.

SABREs are wider at the end than their attach node diameter, so that might be what you're seeing. I quite like that SABREs are hard to place, so that ain't gonna change.