[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I have a problem in combination with FAR with the medium winglets:

I'm using them as main wings and their control surfaces as flaperons for roll and pitch, but testing the roll capability only, I recognized, that instead of moving contrarily they behave as I would pitch. As the SAS is activated, my foreplanes try to compensate the reaction by pitching in the other direction, resulting all horizontal control surfaces to do the same action.

I allready posted in the FAR thread, but ferram meant, that it would be a problem with the wings itself

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I have a problem in combination with FAR with the medium winglets:

I'm using them as main wings and their control surfaces as flaperons for roll and pitch, but testing the roll capability only, I recognized, that instead of moving contrarily they behave as I would pitch. As the SAS is activated, my foreplanes try to compensate the reaction by pitching in the other direction, resulting all horizontal control surfaces to do the same action.

I allready posted in the FAR thread, but ferram meant, that it would be a problem with the wings itself

you only need them for roll, so drop them from the pitch group in the FAR assignments. Let the front ones just do pitch and drop them from the roll group. SAS shouldn't be trying to compensate against active control inputs.

Edited by BubbaWilkins

Hi, i just noticed the VTOL steering mode and i started messing with it, but there's one problem i think. When i have it to throttle control double pair and i press W it goes up instead of down and same for S it goes down instead of up. Is there any way to fix that? Thanks

you only need them for roll, so drop them from the pitch group in the FAR assignments. Let the front ones just do pitch and drop them from the roll group. SAS shouldn't be trying to compensate against active control inputs.

You didn't look into the pictures, did you, they aren't active on pitch. And SAS only tries to compensate the pitch falsely induced by the roll command.

Great update Bac9, I'm loving the tech integration!

I do have a question though, in career mode when does the M27 cockpit unlock? I've nearly completed all tech and can't seem to find it in the remaining to be researched nodes. The M27 is available in sandbox mode.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I quickly glanced through the last pages but couldn't find anything.

Edited by Yakuzi

Great update Bac9, I'm loving the tech integration!

I do have a question though, in career mode when does the M27 cockpit unlock? I've nearly completed all tech and can't seem to find it in the remaining to be researched nodes. The M27 is available in sandbox mode.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I quickly glanced through the last pages but couldn't find anything.

It should be in the Aerospace Tech node...

It should be in the Aerospace Tech node...

There's an Aerospace Tech node ? Is that what it is actually called cause I can't find it (nor does the ksp wiki have it... B9 specific?). Here is an image of what I have researched. Could you point out in which node I can find the M27 (for instance last tier, 5th from the top). Cheers mate!

9dQbAIT.png

Great thanks mate! I was under the impression that all items were allocated under the default tech tree nodes... Didn't realise Bac9 added nodes.

Back sciencing!

Edited by Yakuzi

Game is crashing while I use this plugin. What I'm doing wrong?

I think you have to be a bit more specific. :P

Do you have many other mods? Did you install it in the right place? Did you install all the folders that came with the mod (not just B9)? Have you tried redownloading the mod?

Using the mod in Windows works fine. Considering the reports here, the problems seem to be Linux and MacOS specific.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with how the mod works on MacOS, but with how the installation works, and the fact that OSX doesn't merge folders. By following the instructions for installing the low-res textures, Mac users are actually removing around 3/4 of the files in the Parts folder, instead of just replacing the model files for each part. In order to get the low-res textures properly installed, a Mac user would have to manually go replace each model, which is certainly doable, but also a pain. Hopefully there'll be some way around this.

Not really. Just hit cmd+A on the reduced texture list, copy and paste to the respective folders. It will prompt with "there is already a file with that name. Would you like to overwrite it?". Click the do for all files and click overwrite. Or drag and drop for each individual folders. When I get home tonight I'll screen cap a tutorial for Mac users.

Not really. Just hit cmd+A on the reduced texture list, copy and paste to the respective folders. It will prompt with "there is already a file with that name. Would you like to overwrite it?". Click the do for all files and click overwrite. Or drag and drop for each individual folders. When I get home tonight I'll screen cap a tutorial for Mac users.

If you do that, the folder for the part will be replaced with folder containing a single tga file, meaning the existing part folder's contents will be completely overwritten, therefore the part is deleted. The other option - individually replacing parts for 61 folders? No thanks.

Edit: Actually, it depends what version of OSX you are on. I've been on ML for a little while now and didn't realise the process has changed from SL and Lion. If you hold the option key when you drop the folders, there will be an button called "Merge" (on ML) with an 'Apply to all' tickbox.

Edited by Coda

Has anyone else noted issues with the landing gear? As compared to the TT Multiwheels gear, the B9 gear seem to "stick" to the runway and cause all kinds of weird behavior on takeoff's. Swapping out to the TT gear solves the issues.

Has anyone else noted issues with the landing gear? As compared to the TT Multiwheels gear, the B9 gear seem to "stick" to the runway and cause all kinds of weird behavior on takeoff's. Swapping out to the TT gear solves the issues.

Yeah... I've sometimes had my right (but not left?) rear gears just spaz-out going up and down on its' suspension. Not retracting into the gear bay, just bouncing up and down on the hydraulics... It stops in a second after loading and hasn't caused any actual problems...

I think I found another issue. The Saber S engines just flamed out on me in Rocket Mode :confused:

(IE the mode when they are consuming Ox and LF, so they should not flame out).

I also noticed that while in "jet" mode the animation was that of the rocket mode the whole time.

So here is what I have been up to...

Made a clone of the Mk5 Cockpit, gutted it, and made it a probe core (keeping the sas power the same though).

I did this with the idea of making a Mk5 based launch vehicle to launch small utility and crew shuttles piggy-back style.

So far the best option I have found to attach said small shuttle is the stock trussed radial decoupler....as you can imagine this tends to create issues with certain designs(since it must be attached to the drone launcher first...as opposed to attaching to shuttle first)...not to mention it looks ugly in ways I have no words to describe...

It would be nice to have a custom decoupler to fit the bill. Top would need to be kinda generic, in order to fit the 'smaller' B9 hulls (the Mk2 and S3 hulls) as well as the stock Mk3 and 2.5m tanks ok...for versatility. The bottom could be custom fit to the Mk5 Hull shape.....since those bits sure seem tailor made for this! The decoupler anchor would need to be on the Mk5 side..so the left over bits after seperation crash into the ocean...along with the rest of the drone launcher =)

(Re-)Introducing! The re-incarnation of Cabana Corp.'s Flagship SSTO- the EX-3350 "Mogul"!

screenshot52_by_akutou-d6sbdeg.png

screenshot46_by_akutou-d6sbdhu.png

screenshot43_by_akutou-d6sbdiz.png

screenshot42_by_akutou-d6sbdjc.png

screenshot41_by_akutou-d6sbdjx.png

Now with a new ID- K-3350, the Mogul has been almost entirely re-designed with a much tighter and "cleaner" look. Weighing in 48.7 tonnes, the new design may feature a smaller payload bay but it makes up for it in flight-time and the capability of Mach 2 (tested at ~730.8, which is Mach 2.14) at altitudes of >23 000 m (atmospheric engine flight ceiling is around 25 000m utilizing compressed O2 canisters for added turbojet longevity). Carries enough fuel for a round trip (take-off, ascent, orbit and return) with some extra fuel for atmospheric cruising and has nearly 10-12 hours of total flight-time. An aerospike boost is recommended during take off, especially when carrying a large payload but it can then reach atmospheric escape on turbojets alone, with only a short aerospike boost to get it over the 60 000m mark. Aerospike use is recommended to be as low as possible before the orbit burn, due to the limited supply of oxidizer on-board. There should be enough to achieve a ~150 000m orbit, perhaps more if used wisely.

The Mogul design will also come in the K-3350-L model which will feature a larger payload bay, as well as the K-3350-T, which will be a crew-transport SSTO, featuring a smaller bay but accommodating twice the crew.

P.S: Yes, the front landing gear is pitched up. This is due to the change of Centre of Mass after a flight which exhausts more than 3/4 the fuel. It's an issue only when the plane is stationery/parked and doesn't compromise stability.

Hi, i just noticed the VTOL steering mode and i started messing with it, but there's one problem i think. When i have it to throttle control double pair and i press W it goes up instead of down and same for S it goes down instead of up. Is there any way to fix that? Thanks

Yeah, I noticed this too. I looked at the firespitter manual and nothing indicates that this should be the case. I eventually gave up and went with a single pair.