[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Help I am having an issue with B9 Areospace parts causing KSP to core dump on startup... and it is just the parts, if I clear the parts folder from all parts it will launch, if I keep the struts it will launch, if I add other things it will likely or absolutly crash on startup with a core dump. I reinstalled and checked the log, nothing usefull, it just loads a part and then ends, not always the same part either if I remove some parts from the parts folder.

I am using the 64 bit linux version if it matters.

Is there anyway to assign increase/decrease hover height to an action group? I have looked all over and am not seeing it. I would like to while in hover mode slowly decrease by hover height till I touch the ground. But the only way I can see to do that at the moment is by right clicking each engine and doing it that way, obviously that will make it go crazy.

Is there anyway to assign increase/decrease hover height to an action group? I have looked all over and am not seeing it. I would like to while in hover mode slowly decrease by hover height till I touch the ground. But the only way I can see to do that at the moment is by right clicking each engine and doing it that way, obviously that will make it go crazy.

Don't think so. You have to ask Snjo in the Firespitter thread for that. Frankly I haven't played with the hover throttle at all, it might need some further setting up in the part.cfg to work right.

So, I got myself this mod, and thought it was seriously awesome. Still do.

At the time, I had several other mods going, and I noticed I was having some problems. One in particular was ASAS going completely nuts anytime I turned it on, no matter how simple or otherwise stable the craft was.

I removed various mods attempting to find the culprit, and unfortunately, it was this mod. I completely deleted the entire game, all files, even the main folder. Did a completely clean install of the stock game, and then installed this mod and nothing else. If I take it out, the game runs fine. If I install this mod, it crashes at startup.

I'd hoped I was installing it wrong, but everything goes exactly where it needs to be.

There is a possibility my computer has simply become more broken than it was before, also.

I'm using a Macbook Pro...it's a handmedown...so no wisecracks.

Hum I cant get B9 pack to start properly in the 64bit build for Linux. 19/20 times it crashes with abort promoted at the terminal. But I must try other mods to to make sure its B9 and not just mods in general.

Dose it crash during the loading screen for you?

32bit win/linux build works fine for me with B9 and a ton of other mods.

I have to do more testing some day but if you can give more information that would be nice.

I do wounder if the mac version is 32bit or 64bit or both...

If it's been posted, I couldn't find it. Do I have to start a new game to get the stuff in my tech tree? When I bought the 1000pt Hypersonic tier those parts are useable so I know it kinda works. But the parts that show up in tiers I've already purchased aren't useable in game. Shows that I need to make a purchase in R&D.

Hi everyone,

First of all, great pack you guys made here!! Absolutely fantastic!

But since I installed R4.0c to my 0.22 KSP the game continues to crash once I enter the SPH or VAB. Any clue what the issue might be? I'm gonna post the output-log hoping it might help you fix the problem. If you need additional infos just let me know.

btw, I use KW-Rocketry, MechJeb, Anvil Rockets and Nova-Punch in combination with B9. But removing these didn't fix the prob.

Initialize engine version: 4.1.2f1 (911c7369eeac)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvumdshim.dll 9.18.13.2723]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 1990 MB (via DXGI)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 DF24=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Mdb.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Mdb.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Pdb.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.Pdb.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\xmldiffpatch.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\XmlDiffPatch.View.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\TDx.TDxInput.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.044 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3600x1080 at 0,0
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Launcher Settings File exists

... Long Loading Stats ...

Game State Saved as persistent

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Going to Hangar! CachedShipType: 0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to SPH =====================

Crash!!!
ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Hi everyone,

First of all, great pack you guys made here!! Absolutely fantastic!

But since I installed R4.0c to my 0.22 KSP the game continues to crash once I enter the SPH or VAB. Any clue what the issue might be? I'm gonna post the output-log hoping it might help you fix the problem. If you need additional infos just let me know.

btw, I use KW-Rocketry, MechJeb, Anvil Rockets and Nova-Punch in combination with B9. But removing these didn't fix the prob.

SNIP

This error is due to KSP running out of RAM. Currently KSP can only use about 3.5Gb of RAM, so try installing a texture reduction pack to lower your RAM footprint!

Mine will be the same problem running out of memory, I have a fairly substantial amount of mods so would be hitting the limit. I have reduced the setting to half-res and fantastic in the video settings run a texture reduction pack on the squad parts. If I run squad and B9 its fine if I run mods and B9 it loads and crashes to desktop i could run the version 3 pack but my guess is there is a few more parts in this one thats pushed me over the limit

I feel the need to ask if anyone else is having issues with the new landing gear? I have a heavy cargo SSTO that weighs in at about 160 tons fully loaded and she has issues taking off with these gear. They begin to wobble side to side and inevitably cause pretty explosions on almost every take off. In the past I used the resized landing gear from the pizza and aerospace pack and they work flawlessly. I cannot get the new gear to play nicely with my heavier planes. I would love to use them because they are just so damn pretty. Perhaps I need to use more and think about smarter placement so it could be my own error but any feedback would nice.

Oh, I have also noticed a change in the sabres overheating a little bit faster. Is this intended or a bug? Just curious.

Thanks and I love your mod!!! Spaceplanes are why I play kerbal and b9 makes them look soo damn good and functional.

Soup

Edit:

Hey, I could have sworn I saw a Mk2-size cargo bay in an album for the space shuttle engines. Is this a real thing now, or did somebody else add that in? Or are my eyes going funny? Because that's a new addition I've always wanted.

They are there you just have to look near the other Mk2 parts - the thumbnail looks like a normal fuselage but it will say cargo on it.

Happy building :)