[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

What's going on with the landing gear? I can't even get my plane off the runway without exploding due to gear bending, twisting or flipping my plane well before takeoff. I've tried every position I know and always end up with a crash.

how much ram does this mod use? i've tried it yesterday, i've also used reduced texture size and still the mod uses about 1gb of ram. I usually run on 2.6 gb 2.7gb ksp.exe usage, with this mod installed i jumped over the critical 3.7gb and got a lot of crashes. any suggestion?

What's going on with the landing gear? I can't even get my plane off the runway without exploding due to gear bending, twisting or flipping my plane well before takeoff. I've tried every position I know and always end up with a crash.

I had a problem like this also for a while. I found that I was not attaching the gear to a stable enough surface. I also started using this mod.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-22-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v1-4-2-Properly-Rigid-Part-Connections

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, is worth it trust me. I have been able to cut down on the numbers of struts and part counts by a fair amount.

Every time I try to open the archive I get this message...

"! C:\Documents and Settings\kenny\My Documents\Downloads\uploads-2013-10-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c (1).zip: Unexpected end of archive"

Then when I try to extract the archive I get this message...

"! C:\Documents and Settings\kenny\My Documents\Downloads\uploads-2013-10-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c (1).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

What do I do?

P.S. I'm using Winrar.

Every time i download the mod then enter the archive I get this message

"! C:\Documents and Settings\kenny\My Documents\Downloads\uploads-2013-10-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c (1).zip: Unexpected end of archive"

then, when I attempt to extract the archive i get this message

"! C:\Documents and Settings\kenny\My Documents\Downloads\uploads-2013-10-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c (1).zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

What do I do to resolve this issue?

I'm using Winrar btw.

I have the same issue lately (with the reinforced connections mod + FAR + some others). The stock landing gear seems to work fine. I'm sure that it is some sort of addon incompatibility issue since it appeared after updating some addons. Before that i could usually take off if i was careful enough. Now the friction seems to stick the gear to the ground, almost impossible to move. Was too lazy to investigate though ;)

I have the same issue lately (with the reinforced connections mod + FAR + some others). The stock landing gear seems to work fine. I'm sure that it is some sort of addon incompatibility issue since it appeared after updating some addons. Before that i could usually take off if i was careful enough. Now the friction seems to stick the gear to the ground, almost impossible to move. Was too lazy to investigate though ;)

I had the same problem with FAR, I reinstalled B9 after FAR and the sticky landing gear issue is gone

It crashed when using the full version so I installed the reduced textures exactly as specified. I merged the B9_Aerospace (reduced_textures) with the B9_Aerospace (full textures) folder and selected replace all. Now when KSP starts none of the B9 Aerospace parts are shown in the VAB. They did show up a few times when using the full texture version, before it crashed.

DaMichel

Quote Originally Posted by TeeGee View Post

Seems I'm not the only one with issues with B9 landing gear. Actually saw the front landing gear slide back on the Mk2 component I had it attached to, then it stutters till the plane reaches just over 30 m/s, when said landing gear pogos the nose up before I have enough airspeed to takeoff, then slamming the nose down on the runway. I'm going to try un-installing FAR to see if it fixes the issue for me.

Seems I'm not the only one with issues with B9 landing gear. Actually saw the front landing gear slide back on the Mk2 component I had it attached to, then it stutters till the plane reaches just over 30 m/s, when said landing gear pogos the nose up before I have enough airspeed to takeoff, then slamming the nose down on the runway. I'm going to try un-installing FAR to see if it fixes the issue for me.

Well FAR's not the issue...