[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I'm running F.A.R. and use the B9 landing gear with no issues, so it might be a conflict with some other mod. Has anyone with the landing gear issue checked to make sure they don't have duplicate ModuleManager.dll or other .dll's present in the GameData/ tree?

Well, it sorted itself out. Very likely i had deleted my firespitter.dll, not realizing that B9 depends on it.

Looking at the B9 parts right now, and yeah they use the FS stuff just like the AirBrakes, which incidentally also didn't work. Hope this helps someone here.

I'm having issues with the mk2 cargo bay parts. When I drag them into the editor the doors start open then immediately close. This is the opposite of what the bigger cargo bays do. It makes it really hard to put things in there. Also on the runway the doors do start closed but the right click menu says 'close cargo bay doors'. If I click that the doors open and the right click menu says 'open cargo bay doors' which would then close them.

Is this something I can fix by editing the cfgs or am I stuck not being able to use them?

I'm having issues with the mk2 cargo bay parts. When I drag them into the editor the doors start open then immediately close. This is the opposite of what the bigger cargo bays do. It makes it really hard to put things in there. Also on the runway the doors do start closed but the right click menu says 'close cargo bay doors'. If I click that the doors open and the right click menu says 'open cargo bay doors' which would then close them.

Is this something I can fix by editing the cfgs or am I stuck not being able to use them?

Go into the action group settings and then click on the cargo bay. A new window should pop up with a title along the lines of "Start deployed?".

Toggle that and you should be able to make the cargo bay start in the open position.

Note that you can do this for a lot of the B9 parts, including even adding a motor or steering to the B9 landing gear. Or turning the lights on or off for the passenger cabins.

Go into the action group settings and then click on the cargo bay. A new window should pop up with a title along the lines of "Start deployed?".

Toggle that and you should be able to make the cargo bay start in the open position.

Note that you can do this for a lot of the B9 parts, including even adding a motor or steering to the B9 landing gear. Or turning the lights on or off for the passenger cabins.

Thanks that worked. I did go change the gui strings to make sense though.

So question. I really enjoy using the B9 parts to accent spacecraft and rovers, but I've been trying to get the BRV-4 Heinlein into orbit (I can only assume it's an SSTO since it uses the SABRE engine) and I'm having the issue of running out of Oxidizer prior to reaching orbit. What am I doing wrong?

My ascent profile:

1. Launch off the runway, 30 degree pitch up.

2. Lower nose to about 15 degree pitch at about 20km.

3. Wait for flameout and switch engine mode.

4. Run out of Oxidizer and be forced to land.

got a request if this not to hard to do...

if one the cockpits on the exterior of them, can make some sort of art or inscription dedicated to this fallen fan art I don't care what it is this mods make some amazing ships and love have some thing to dedicated to it...please and thank you

if not oh well...i deal with it

I came across another bug: in some occasions (it seems to be randomly) either the SABRE precoolers don't work or the SABREs are generating much more heat than normal - they keep overhaeting ridiculously fast. In order to compare the effects to 'normal' behaviour, I've run some tests, and the worst overheating so far didn't allow a SABRE M to go over 300 units of Thrust (Rocket mode) without overheating despite a precooler. this effect can aslo appear on one plane some SABREs while others on the same plane run perfectly without even turning bright red (the exhaust part).

Is this a bug or a feature - and in the latter case, what affects the Heat generated and what can I do to keep my engines from blowing up?

thanks for your answers, sorry for my english

Hector

Edit: no, there are no other engines anywhere near that could cause that much heat. none.

Edited by Hector_919

After properly installing according to the documentation, I seem to be missing more than half of the content. None of the prebuilt .craft files work due to missing parts. The decompressed archive only has 86 part files, it should be 210, right?

What the hell?

Hello Bac9! I love this mod that you have created, but there is an issue with this mod. I'm relatively new to the forums and I see that people really like post to go to the right place in here. With that said I have already posted this issue to the add-on requests and support forum, so if this is the wrong place for this then please just go to the original thread. ( Here, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58935-%2ABug-Report%2A-B9-Aerospace-loading-issue-on-Mac ) I run KSP on a mac and have been doing so since around update 0.14. I know how to install mods properly. But ever since 0.22 R4 of B9 aerospace came out I've been having issues getting it to run properly. I install all the proper folders into gamedata but when in game there are weird shadows and high lag. Another player has confirmed it is not just an issue with my running system. I have also tried the lower texture folder and that did not help. PLEASE HELP!!!!

New to this mod. I mainly downloaded it because I wanted an alternative to the sheer numbers of intakes you need on stock planes to get any kind of realistic airflow, but I've run into a couple headscratching situations. I've got a couple intake-related questions that I haven't found the answers to in this thread, and I'm hoping someone can help.

1> The RNM intake seems to have the same flow rate as a stock ramjet intake, and with the same IntakeAir capacity. But it takes up far more room and weighs 40 times as much as its stock counterpart. What's the upside? What does the RNM do that the stock intake doesn't, to justify that factor of 40?

2> On a similar note, the DSI inlet has half the flow rate of a single ramjet intake, for the same weight, and seems to drop off in efficiency faster with altitude. Is there a benefit beyond the fact that it's a radial mount and looks cooler?

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help!

A very minor bug to report with the B9 UL-1 Kornbluth. It has the 2m LFO tank, instead of the 2m fuel tank, meaning that it's carting around unusable oxidiser, and half the fuel it could be carrying for the same weight and balance. Maybe it's intentional for some reason that I'm missing, it just seems like it was a minor construction error.

It can be fixed in about 10s with a quick ":%s/Body.LFO/Body.Fuel/g" on the craft file in vi, saves having to redo the struts, wing sections, etc.

Seems like a nice little terrestrial plane apart from that. Thanks for providing a much needed, very nicely thought out and created, and very useful set of parts! :)

B9 has many parts in one part.cfg - which is a bit inconvenient for deleting selected parts you will not use after every update.

Is there a reason for this or could you change it in the next update that we have a seperate .cfg for every part?

Parts request: it would be nifty to have some round parts (functionally equivalent to the octagonal S2 parts) for the MK5 cockpit -- fuselages, fuels, tails, and cargo bays.

I don't actually expect this to happen. :) Just expressing my interest is all.

B9 has many parts in one part.cfg - which is a bit inconvenient for deleting selected parts you will not use after every update.

Is there a reason for this or could you change it in the next update that we have a seperate .cfg for every part?

You don't need to delete the part .cfg's. What consumes memory is the textures, and they're shared anyway. You'll have to delete ALL parts that use a specific texture, and then delete the texture, to save RAM.

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help!

Let me rephrase it as "delete selected parts you will not use in every size". :)

My VAB is quite stuffed with all different parts - wish there was a way to introduce more department tabs. I know there are mods that filter mods in and out, but e.g. having IR and KAS parts together in one tab would be handy, as would having plane parts in another.

Cool, thanks. Although I do wish they worked more like the Hitchhiker Storage Container. Even without an IVA view.

I agree, and I'd love to see IVAs for them.

Here's a plane I built earlier today that can carry 18 Kerbals and 1 pilot, and can fly to anywhere on Kerbin at mach 4 at 30km altitude at 1/3rd throttle:

Javascript is disabled. View full album