[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I am having the same problem concerning KSP not starting while using B9. I start it up, it looks like it loads fine then it gets stuck on the black screen with the loading icon in the lower right. I looked at all of the errors in the logs and this is what I found.

[ERR 13:20:38.218] Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!

[ERR 13:20:41.599] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.599] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.618] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.618] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.633] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.633] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.652] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:41.652] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:44.757] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:44.758] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:44.772] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:44.772] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.273] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.273] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.771] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.771] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.988] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:45.988] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.003] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.003] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.026] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.026] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.049] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:46.049] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[ERR 13:20:47.915] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.921] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.926] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.932] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.938] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.943] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:47.949] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.955] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.960] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.966] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.972] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.977] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.983] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.989] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:47.995] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:48.000] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:48.006] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.012] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.018] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.024] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.032] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.038] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.044] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.051] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.057] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.063] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARControllableSurface'

[ERR 13:20:48.069] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:48.076] Cannot find a Module of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

[ERR 13:20:50.094] Cannot find event '1856740933'

[ERR 13:20:50.128] Cannot find event '1856740933'

[ERR 13:20:50.520] Invalid float value

And here's My OS and machine stats:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.22.0.351 (OSXPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4)

RAM: 4096

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine (1024MB)

SM: 30 (OpenGL 2.1 [2.1 INTEL-8.18.26])

Know that I did this all on a clean installation of KSP.

Something is going on with the space port, everytime i try to download it stops short of the full 95GB. Sometimes i get 70MB sometimes 85MB.. but never the full download. Granted i have crappy DSL, i live in the middle of nowhere, i download all the time from other sites with no issue.

Spaceport is buggy, it does that sometimes.

Yeah, had to use the media fire link.. Strangely though, ever since B9 was install KSP just randomly closes now.. no error message, nothing, just working on minute, off the next

I finally figured out how to make working planes in KSP, decided to download B9, but had to uninstall it because my game crashes after the loading screen exactly like some other people have said.

Disappointing.

Works fine on my system and a lot of other people's systems. The fault is not with the mod. Either it's installed incorrectly (missing files or you have duplicates of some of the .dlls somewhere) or you're maxing out either KSP's 32-bit RAM limit or your video RAM, in which case reduce texture resolution to "half" in the KSP setting and/or use the Active Memory Reduction mod.

KSP randomly closing with B9 or crashing during/after loading is about 99% likely to be running out of memory. It does not matter how much memory you have in your computer, or how fancy the graphics card is. KSP is stuck in the 32-bit past on Windows and OSX, due to the Unity game engine being stuck in the 32-bit past. That limits you to 4Gb of address space on OSX, and less on Windows. Address space is essentially the total virtual memory which can be accessed by the process, and doesn't have a 1:1 or even a static relationship with physical RAM. If you set KSP to use half-res textures, or use texture reduction packs, you may well solve the problem. This is not a flaw with B9, it's a general flaw which can hit with any combination of mods which cause KSP to hit the memory limit. It's just frequently seen with B9 because there's so many textures in the mod.

There is a texture compression mod that does ****, beautiful things for memory usage when loading other mods with lots of new textures. The mod compresses the images to something more native to the graphics card, and while it doesn't really do anything for processing speed or load times, it cuts memory load drastically!

I have all the major packs (B9, NovaPunch, KW Rocketry) along with a host of others, and my RAM use was running at the limit constantly. Drop this plugin in place, and it dropped from 3.4GB to about 1.6GB! It's a work of art in its own right!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-22-Release-1-1-Active-Memory-Reduction-Mod

I need help with something in this mod (at least i assume it's in this mod) I keep seeing all these B9 ships with the space shuttle like cargo bay, yet when i go to build one I can not find the cargo bay part anywhere. I'm pretty sure the mod is installed properly, i don't get any errors or crashes, and the rest of the B9 parts are all there.

So is the space shuttle cargo bay actually in B9? If so is it in a version I don't have (i downloaded the one on the front page)? Is the shuttle bay actually in another mod? (if so which one) Or is the shuttle bay actually made up of many B9 parts, and isnt a single part? (if so, how do i build the shuttle cargo bay)?

I want a space shuttle! :P

Cargo bays are included in the B9 pack. They should show under the structural parts. If they're not there you probably have an incomplete install.

Don't forget: They look like fuselage parts, but are marked as Cargo Bays!!

(Not refuting your point, just adding to it. :D )

Struggling to figure out why I can't get any of these parts to show up. Downloading the latest pack from Spaceport, taking everything from the GameData folder to my GameData folder, ditto for the Ships folder (simply dropping their GameData folder on top of my Game Data folder gets rid of all my folder contents) and I'm dropping the low-res textures into the mix. Everything is installed the same as every other GameData mod I have installed to date, I'm on .22, but nothing shows up. Is there anything else I could be missing?

I've been having a problem where the throttle pitch steering for the vtol engines is reversed, causing the opposite of the commanded pitch. I've tried flipping the engines in all sorts of directions and I've even tried switching between different commAnd pods that are facing different ways, but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?

I've been having a problem where the throttle pitch steering for the vtol engines is reversed, causing the opposite of the commanded pitch. I've tried flipping the engines in all sorts of directions and I've even tried switching between different commAnd pods that are facing different ways, but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?

Are the engines placed in front of the CoM?

If you're talking about the issue where when you trigger vertical mode, one engine flips up and the other flips down:

You can access a lot of tweaks for the engines in the VAB/SPH. Simply go to Action Group assignment mode, then click an engine. A couple of windows should pop up with options you can set for each engine, and one of the options is to reverse the direction the engine moves in VTOL mode.

What I'm talking about is the throttle assisted pitch control. What should happen is that when you want to pitch up the back engines reduce their thrust slightly. But instead they keep increasing their thrust slightly which causes it to pitch down.

Here is an example craft. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zhsice6gm51gpjh/RvWNTopahe

You'll notice that you can keep the craft stable if you constantly tell it to pitch in the opposite direction than you really want. but as soon as you rely on SAS it immediately flips over.

I am having trouble getting B9 to work. I have downloaded it and moved the B9_Aerospace, ExsurgentEngineering, Firespitter, KineTechAnimation, ResGen folders into my Gamedata folder. Then the game freezes on the loading screen, so i tried using the Textures_Reduced. But then none of the parts show up in the VAB or SPH. Am I installing the Textures_Reduced folder incorrectly? When Textures_Reduced is installed should i still have Props and Resources folders in the B9_Aerospace folder? And if it helps, I am on a Mac and I also have KW Rocketry, Deadly Reentry and Ferram installed successfully.

Yes, you just overwrote all your B9 files when you tried installing Textures_Reduced. If you follow Windows install instructions you'll do that. You need to merge folders, don't overwrite.

Mac users who are still having problems:

Make sure you're upgraded to the latest Mac OS...Mavericks.

I've been having all the problems listed throughout with the crashes and missing parts. As soon as I upgraded, it all went away.

It may not be that easy for all, but do it...just in case.

Mac users who are still having problems:

Make sure you're upgraded to the latest Mac OS...Mavericks.

I've been having all the problems listed throughout with the crashes and missing parts. As soon as I upgraded, it all went away.

It may not be that easy for all, but do it...just in case.

It's not the OS version, at least not on its own. It works just fine on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 as well.

It might be a combination of OS version and GPU, since the OS version determines your graphics drivers.

The VTOL engines have

startInverted = True
steerDirection = -1

in their part cfg's, which is not included in the Firespitter VTOL engines; this messes with the firespitter plugin's expectations. I commented/deleted those two lines out and it works way better. They steer in double pair mode, the don't flip upside down by default anymore, and it just works.

Edited by Read have Read