[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Even if your computer is 64bit, KSP is only a 32Bit application!!! So even if you do have the ability to use more than 4GBs of ram because KSP is 32Bit it only sees up to 4GBs that it can use....
This is irrelevant, as the version of Unity that Squad uses is 32bit only, thus while your computer may be capable of using more than 4GB of RAM, KSP itself can only make use of 4GB itself.

I know, I was only commenting.

This is irrelevant, as the version of Unity that Squad uses is 32bit only, thus while your computer may be capable of using more than 4GB of RAM, KSP itself can only make use of 4GB itself.

Unless you use the 64 bit linux version which... is still somwwhat unstable due to unity still being unstable. Works better than the 32bit linux version though...

I would use Procedural Wings in combination with B9 to create that. B9 doesn't have any wings that could accomplish that without some part rotation trickery.

If I'm not mistaken, those kind of wings actually rotate mid-flight to adjust the Sweeping for supersonic speeds; so I would use Infernal Robotics to achieve that with the hinges or whatever.

Edited by Hammer Tech
Wing Sweeping is not Angle of Attack.

If I'm not mistaken, those kind of wings actually rotate mid-flight to adjust the Sweeping for supersonic speeds; so I would use Infernal Robotics to achieve that with the hinges or whatever.

You'd be mistaken, Procedural wings, once set and the craft is launched, don't move at all. Would be cool if they did, but they don't.

You'd be mistaken, Procedural wings, once set and the craft is launched, don't move at all. Would be cool if they did, but they don't.

I think he meant the wings on the actual aircraft, not the KSP model of same. Certainly the pictured aircraft appears to have swing wings ...

I think he meant the wings on the actual aircraft, not the KSP model of same. Certainly the pictured aircraft appears to have swing wings ...

Hard to be certain, and it's only an artist's impression or model, but here's a picture direct from Skunk Works:

http://www.lockheedmartin.co.uk/us/news/features/2013/sr-72.html

It doesn't look like it has swing wings in the picture there. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm slightly awestruck at just how the world has changed, from Skunk Works being incredibly shadowy and secret, to publishing pictures of their planned next super plane on the web! It's very refreshing to see them basically just admit that these things don't really stay all that secret anyway, so might as well be open about the high level details.

Murph, aircraft from FlyingRaptorJesus' post does not look like SR-72 at all. It has a cockpit, for instance, while SR-72 does not.

Mmm, yeah, you're right, now I compare the 2 side by side. I went on the filename of the image, which was SR-71 replacement, and didn't dig deep to check what was actually in that picture. Having done the digging now, that's actually a very old SR-71 alternative/replacement idea, the Convair SA-2S:

http://theaviationist.com/2013/04/23/sr-71-blackbird-replacement/

According to that article, it does indeed have swing wings. It does make me wonder how well the swing wing design would have coped with the forces, shock loads, and thermal loads of hypersonic flight. The shape is obviously good when swung back, but it would have been a big engineering challenge.

My computer is 64bits ^.^

Which means exactly squat at the program level, if the program is only 32-bit. It's limited to ~3.5GB RAM at the very most.

TextureReplacer will only replace the textures you plop in there. When it's first installed, I don't think there are any modified textures in it.

TextureReplacer will only replace the textures you plop in there.

You may want to take another look at it. Texture Replacer has been updated, it now features funcionality very smilar to Active Memory Reduction mod(compress every texture in /gamedata).

In fact ActiveMemRed has been merged into TextureReplacer.

You may want to take another look at it. Texture Replacer has been updated, it now features funcionality very smilar to Active Memory Reduction mod(compress every texture in /gamedata).

In fact ActiveMemRed has been merged into TextureReplacer.

I know that, which is why I suggested it as a means of retrieving some RAM a few posts back. I was addressing the general assumption that installing it would mean automatically replacing stock textures and introducing lag.

Hey all :D

I recently got the mod for 0.22 (with the promise that it works in 0.23) but , after instalation, I keep getting kicked off the game, with no warning or message afterwards, whilst the game itself is still loading up (so at the point of kicking, I have not even reached the main menu) So is there anyone out there who knows the reason for this / the fix for it?

I recently got the mod for 0.22 (with the promise that it works in 0.23) but , after instalation, I keep getting kicked off the game, with no warning or message afterwards, whilst the game itself is still loading up (so at the point of kicking, I have not even reached the main menu) So is there anyone out there who knows the reason for this / the fix for it?

B9 hasn't been officially updated for .23 so there are undoubtedly some issues at the moment.

CTD while loading?

Probably reaching the RAM limit of four gigabytes.

B9's parts are texture intensive and eat a gig of ram all by themselves. Reduce texture quality, get the texture reduction packs, and the texture compression 'mod'.

Nah I meant the pictured plane; but yeah it would be sick if Procedural wings did that.

What you said.

so yea, i tried using IR + B9 to make that plane i posted (can't get pwing to work :mad: , can't even find it in the tech tree) and it just kinda falls apart because you can't have struts connected to the wing and then move it or else it just spazzes out and explodes :P , and quantum struts is too outdated to work, so i guess it just isnt' meant to be (yet).

also, for some reason it won't let me unlock the 4m controle surface, i go to the tech tree click research, but then it still says i need to unlock it when i got to the SPH? :confused:

Get the latest Firespitter and ExsurgentEngineering plugins and replace the ones that come with the currently-available B9 pack download. The major problems with B9 and .23 were primarily with those plugins in the first place. Swap em out and you should be good to go.

Get the latest Firespitter and ExsurgentEngineering plugins and replace the ones that come with the currently-available B9 pack download. The major problems with B9 and .23 were primarily with those plugins in the first place. Swap em out and you should be good to go.

Do you have links to these?