[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hi, I'm having some pretty significant issues using this mod at all in 0.23 (Steam + OSX).

- After installing 4.0rc1: freezes 100% of the time while loading, CPU climbs to ~50% and stays there for 10+ minutes until I force quit the game

- After updating dlls for Firespitter, ResGen and ExsurgentEngineering: same result

- After trying it with Textures_Reduced files: no longer freezes, but no parts are available, and all ships installed with B9 are unloadable ("locked or invalid parts")

...is this just not usable at all w/ 0.23? Any steps I'm missing?

Sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere.

After following this thread it seems like the checklist for non-working 0.22 B9 with 0.23 KSP seems to look like this:

1. replace the Firespitter.dll and ExsurgentEngineering.dll with their respective 0.23 versions

if this doesnt't work:

2. redownload B9, reinstall it and repeat step 1.

if this doesn't work:

3. check if your problem has been posted by someone else on the previous 20 pages and if it was solved; try their solution

if this doesn't work:

4. wait for the 0.23 Version of B9 Aerospace. seriously.

if this doesn't work:

5. post your problem in this thread

sorry if this sounds cynical, but the 0.22 Version of B9 Aerospace was not designed to work with KSP 0.23 - and complaining about it not working with KSP 0.23 sounds like complaining about Battlefield 4 not working on Windows 95 to me, and that's not necessary.

greetings and a happy new year

Hector

after following this thread it seems like the checklist for non-working 0.22 b9 with 0.23 ksp seems to look like this:

1. Replace the firespitter.dll and exsurgentengineering.dll with their respective 0.23 versions

if this doesnt't work:

2. Redownload b9, reinstall it and repeat step 1.

If this doesn't work:

3. Check if your problem has been posted by someone else on the previous 20 pages and if it was solved; try their solution

if this doesn't work:

4. Wait for the 0.23 version of b9 aerospace. Seriously.

If this doesn't work:

5. Post your problem in this thread

sorry if this sounds cynical, but the 0.22 version of b9 aerospace was not designed to work with ksp 0.23 - and complaining about it not working with ksp 0.23 sounds like complaining about battlefield 4 not working on windows 95 to me, and that's not necessary.

Greetings and a happy new year

hector

this... So much this!

After following this thread it seems like the checklist for non-working 0.22 B9 with 0.23 KSP seems to look like this:

1. replace the Firespitter.dll and ExsurgentEngineering.dll with their respective 0.23 versions

if this doesnt't work:

2. redownload B9, reinstall it and repeat step 1.

if this doesn't work:

3. check if your problem has been posted by someone else on the previous 20 pages and if it was solved; try their solution

if this doesn't work:

4. wait for the 0.23 Version of B9 Aerospace. seriously.

if this doesn't work:

5. post your problem in this thread

sorry if this sounds cynical, but the 0.22 Version of B9 Aerospace was not designed to work with KSP 0.23 - and complaining about it not working with KSP 0.23 sounds like complaining about Battlefield 4 not working on Windows 95 to me, and that's not necessary.

greetings and a happy new year

Hector

I know I sound cynical many times as well myself, and I won't be helping my case to point out that there will likely be maybe ten people at most who actually read this post after a new page goes up, and of those, maybe one might actually heed it. The remainder will simply continue to post up "It no work plz help dis sucks" for the foreseeable future, probably up to a month after a new release does come along.

Hi, I'm having some pretty significant issues using this mod at all in 0.23 (Steam + OSX).

- After installing 4.0rc1: freezes 100% of the time while loading, CPU climbs to ~50% and stays there for 10+ minutes until I force quit the game

- After updating dlls for Firespitter, ResGen and ExsurgentEngineering: same result

- After trying it with Textures_Reduced files: no longer freezes, but no parts are available, and all ships installed with B9 are unloadable ("locked or invalid parts")

...is this just not usable at all w/ 0.23? Any steps I'm missing?

it seems that you don't have enough RAM

Who are you kidding, battlefield 4 doesn't work well on anything. :)

True, until after 3 weeks of not being able to play the game(Loading screen crash), it tells you to update your graphics card drivers.(Still crashes, just not as much.)

Edited by Espresso
Bad Grammars

somebody is a little behind the times.... KW has been updated, Please do a little more research before you jump to conclusions.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51037-0-23-KW-Rocketry-v2-5-6B-Avaliable-working-3m-Docking%21-31-12-2013

also Dont be so pessimistic, ride the capsule till the last possible second, then you will see how awesome patience can be!!

Edited by Hellbrand

Not that KW needed much updating, mind you. It had a few glitches, but it generally worked in 0.23. B9 will eventually be released, too, just keep in mind that there's a huge update coming, with a truckload of new parts.

I am starting to think that we should probably forget about B9 and KW rockets all together. They don't seem to get updated anytime soon and frankly I believe they probably never will. Time to move on.

So easy to give up you are. What is with this current generation of kids, "oh there has been no update in over 2 weeks give up the game is over move on!" Back in my day when UO came out we were lucky to get an update once a year.

if this doesnt't work:

Hector

Listening to this advice must be the absolute worst thing I've done in a very long time.

0.22 B9 worked nearly perfect for me in 0.23 but in an attempt to improve I gave this a try. It screwed up various textures, moved staging icons off-screen and caused a few other weird things. Worst of all I can access action groups and crew lists no longer in the VAB. Even reverting back to the original dll's doesn't resolve this. Long story short: I am forced to completely abandon a completed tech tree all because of some crappy bogus advice.

somebody is a little behind the times.... KW has been updated, Please do a little more research before you jump to conclusions.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51037-0-23-KW-Rocketry-v2-5-6B-Avaliable-working-3m-Docking%21-31-12-2013

also Dont be so pessimistic, ride the capsule till the last possible second, then you will see how awesome patience can be!!

So it's only B9 then. We are all probably waiting for B9! Any minute now, or hour, or who knows when. I probably need a break from this game for a while. Maybe begin again at .25 or something. Also not a kid Hodo, unless you are Master Yoda.

Listening to this advice must be the absolute worst thing I've done in a very long time.

0.22 B9 worked nearly perfect for me in 0.23 but in an attempt to improve I gave this a try. It screwed up various textures, moved staging icons off-screen and caused a few other weird things. Worst of all I can access action groups and crew lists no longer in the VAB. Even reverting back to the original dll's doesn't resolve this. Long story short: I am forced to completely abandon a completed tech tree all because of some crappy bogus advice.

Worked fine for me. Made the VTOL engines and the SABRE's function correctly.

That's what you get for wanting to complain about a mod you love and been waiting for weeks to play with. Being called a kid, pessimist and on top of all suffering from a narcisistic dissorder. Very classy.

Apparently Bac9 is a busy guy. However, he's posted a few pages back that updates would be coming eventually.

Despite being able to have known he's confirmed an update is coming at some point, you come in like a pessimist and shout that the pack's abandoned.

Having been called out on that, you now act like a petulant child, throwing yourself in the victim position.

That's two out of three. Can't see any narcissistic behaviour, nor have I seen anybody mention that I don't think, and I wouldn't really go so far as to say that you're showing entitlement issues... you haven't actually demanded an update from Bac9. Not outright, at least.

Basically, take it easy.

The pack will either update, or it won't. If it does, great. If it doesn't... it'll die off on its own, or some other mod dev picks it up. Right now, it's too early to say your eulogies.

So it's only B9 then. We are all probably waiting for B9! Any minute now, or hour, or who knows when. I probably need a break from this game for a while. Maybe begin again at .25 or something. Also not a kid Hodo, unless you are Master Yoda.

With your recent display of patience I must be Master Yoda compared to you. But you said it not me. Anyway not here to trade insults with someone over something I have no control over. If you just wait, or read back a few pages you could find that B9 actually works with .23. I have been using it since .23 came out, and fixed the SABRE engines so they work in .23, then Bac9 released a quick fix along with Firespitter. But this would require you to look in the thread to find the answer you seek.

I must say that by insisting, specially in a not so polite way, on a person to finish an update on a mod (not a fix for a newer version of ksp) on christmas/new year's holdays so you can play on yours sounds a little bit demanding.

We are all eager to try it on 0.23 (I could only enjoy B9 two days before 0.23 update), but we must understand that this is not his job, its his free time and not always (I hope) must be oriented to make the mod users happy.

In the mean time I suggest to look for videos, try other mods, read a book, go out to have some sunlight or just play another game (steam & humble bundle is plenty and cheap these days). If you don't agree with me you can always try to learn some unity in order to fix the mod yourselves or make your own mods (at your own pace). I tried that and I couldn't.

BTW, Castle story and Gnomoria make an update when they remember and the contents are so few you can almost skip it (I even regret giving them money). In comparison this is going pretty damn fast (both modders and ksp devs) :D.