[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

What do the precoolers do anyway?

In real life, they cool the incoming air-stream at 1000°C to 2000°C to -150 °C in less than 20 milliseconds (faster than the blink of an eye)

In KSP :) stock, nothing I think. In conjunction with KSPI they work with the thermal mechanics incorporated by that mod and stop engines overheating at high speeds in atmosphere. You literally cannot build hypersonic aircraft/ SSTO without them when using that mod.

Edited by Kass

ok i'm having problems with the landing legs ("LEGS" not "WHEELS") the HP-50 ones... any one i use i get the pop up but when i press the button nothing happens....

then i proceed to tap the button repeatedly as the Muns surface is rapidly coming towards my fac.. -faceplants- ow.

ok i'm having problems with the landing legs ("LEGS" not "WHEELS") the HP-50 ones... any one i use i get the pop up but when i press the button nothing happens....

then i proceed to tap the button repeatedly as the Muns surface is rapidly coming towards my fac.. -faceplants- ow.

There are no landing legs in KW.

FORGET THIS POST I THOUGHT I WAS ON ANOTHER THREAD LALALALALALALA

Are you using KSP 0.23? Then it may be an incompatibility issue. You may need to update your .dlls (have a look a couple of posts back), though I'm not sure if this fixes the cargo bay/landing leg issues.

G'luck!

Are you using KSP 0.23? Then it may be an incompatibility issue. You may need to update your .dlls (have a look a couple of posts back), though I'm not sure if this fixes the cargo bay/landing leg issues.

G'luck!

Fwiw, I have updated all the relevant plugins, and both the landing legs and cargo bays work just fine. The H50 legs aren't tweakable in the SPH, but they work normally in flight. :)

Well, bear in mind that technically, the pack is totally compatible already. I mean, they're just parts. The models, textures and connections will all work as expected. The problems are stemming from the other plugins that are being relied upon for more advanced features like mode-switching engines (SABREs), and rotating parts such as the cargo bays. All Bac9 is really going to do to bring the pack up-to-date in that aspect is do the same thing we're already doing: download the updated plugin versions and slap them into the installation.

The only effects you'll experience in waiting for the official release are

• Additional time playing without the awesomeness of B9 in your game :(
  • No effort expended on your part to find/download/copy the updated plugins (which, come on, we're talking maybe 5 minutes saved, tops?)
  • Possibly some new parts!

What I'm saying is that downloading the updated plugins isn't somehow sullying the "official-ness" of the pack while waiting for the update, but it does get everything working nicely in the meantime so I'm not left champing at the bit in anticipation. :D

I'd rather wait I actually have no idea why :/, and anyway I'm having a nice time being able to install other mods for once :D (if you know what I mean)

But thanks for taking the time to write a detailed response :P

Fwiw, I have updated all the relevant plugins, and both the landing legs and cargo bays work just fine. The H50 legs aren't tweakable in the SPH, but they work normally in flight. :)

I remember seeing a link someone had for adding tweakables to the B9 stuff.

And here it is.

For anyone that wants their ControlSurfaces to be tweakable: https://gist.github.com/careo/2505fbf0176c0073f8ff . Drop drop the B9CtrlSurfaceFix.cfg in your GameData along with a copy of ModuleManager and you should be good to go.

Just adding to the chorus of voices saying we need these parts in our cold, miserable lives. Nothing like flying something that looks like some kind of huge Halo battleship to warm a frigid soul.

Hi guys! Inspired by Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest videos, I recently grabbed KW Rocketry (Which is working great), and just the other day, B9 Aerospace. I've downloaded the latest versions of Firespitter.dll and ExsurgentEngineer.dll as advised earlier in this thread, and everything is in and looks great. However, I've been having some considerable issues with the parts. For one, when trying to attach certain of the parts to eachother I seem to find that rather than placing neatly, they tend to want to be at all kinds of very odd angles, and I have to spend considerable time fine-adjusting them to get them lined up. Further, they often seem to clip through eachother. Great example would be adding engine hardpoints to the very large wings, or any of the new landing gear to the underside of wings. Also putting anything inside a cargo bay seems to be near impossible to mount neatly. I've had several quite spectacular aircraft takeoff failures that from what I can tell are a result of the wheels starting to splay away from eachother at speed, though I suspect this may be a side effect of the extensive clipping of the parts into the wings, even after I've tweaked their alignment. As an additional issue, aircraft built with them seem exceptionally reluctant to fly, almost as if the parts are barely generating any lift, even on very small simple aircraft.

I even had a go at replicating the spaceplane Scott Manley put together on one of his recent videos, since it represents 'known working tech', so to speak. Granted, he is using a couple of mods I'm not (Most notably FAR), but I would have expected the craft to fly better without it? Still no good. The parts as mentioned earlier didn't mount anywhere near as cleanly as they seemed to for Scott, it suffered several disastrous failures on take-off run, and when into the air barely wanted to climb at all.

Anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here, or if there's something else I need to check with the install?

Other mods I'm using;

KW Rocketry

DMagic Orbital Science

Kommit Nucleonics

Protractor

Thanks!

i'm STILL having trouble with the landing legs... they won't move! i've installed firespitter, i'veinstall the new .DLLs but THEY STILL DON'T WORK!! ARRRRGHHHHHH!

sorry for the rage but everyone says "go back" and i've been back... about 100 pages and all there is is just sabre engine complaints and exhaustengineering.dll complaints no complaints about the H50 gear...

everything else works just fine though :/ so if i am missing it or if someone else has a working version please share the config file with me or how you got it to work... i'm frustrated and i got no icecream in the fridge :(:mad::blush::mad::D:cool::sealed:

EDIT: oh i don't mean they don't move in the SPH or VAB i meant they don't move anywhere... as in i clicky dah button but nothing happens.

Hi guys! Inspired by Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest videos, I recently grabbed KW Rocketry (Which is working great), and just the other day, B9 Aerospace. I've downloaded the latest versions of Firespitter.dll and ExsurgentEngineer.dll as advised earlier in this thread, and everything is in and looks great. However, I've been having some considerable issues with the parts. For one, when trying to attach certain of the parts to eachother I seem to find that rather than placing neatly, they tend to want to be at all kinds of very odd angles, and I have to spend considerable time fine-adjusting them to get them lined up. Further, they often seem to clip through eachother. Great example would be adding engine hardpoints to the very large wings, or any of the new landing gear to the underside of wings. Also putting anything inside a cargo bay seems to be near impossible to mount neatly. I've had several quite spectacular aircraft takeoff failures that from what I can tell are a result of the wheels starting to splay away from eachother at speed, though I suspect this may be a side effect of the extensive clipping of the parts into the wings, even after I've tweaked their alignment. As an additional issue, aircraft built with them seem exceptionally reluctant to fly, almost as if the parts are barely generating any lift, even on very small simple aircraft.

I even had a go at replicating the spaceplane Scott Manley put together on one of his recent videos, since it represents 'known working tech', so to speak. Granted, he is using a couple of mods I'm not (Most notably FAR), but I would have expected the craft to fly better without it? Still no good. The parts as mentioned earlier didn't mount anywhere near as cleanly as they seemed to for Scott, it suffered several disastrous failures on take-off run, and when into the air barely wanted to climb at all.

Anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here, or if there's something else I need to check with the install?

Other mods I'm using;

KW Rocketry

DMagic Orbital Science

Kommit Nucleonics

Protractor

Thanks!

strut the landing legs to the main body of your craft. if you don't do this you'll crash. check out the stock B9 crafts like the heinlin (i think that's what it's called) you'll see that there are struts almost everywhere...

sorry for double posting

The wobbling you're experiencing isn't normal (at least not before 0.23) and can be fixed by editing the parts files for the landing gears. They're in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9_Aerospace\parts\Utility_Landing_Gear_HDG. The files are HDG1A, HDG1AL, HDG1T, HDG1TL, HDG2A, HDG2AL, HDG2T, HDG2TL. They're the only .cfg files. Just open them with notepad or whatever and change this line: sidewaysStiffness = 0.001. I've set it to 0.001 because I was trying to build something really big; at least set it to 0.01 because any higher and you'll probably still have the same problem.

And yes, use FAR if at all possible, because what can be accomplished in KSP without it can barely be considered flight. Other than that, everything's fine. If it still doesn't work, you've just got to do it better. Well, unless the wings are off-center because of a different bug. They probably aren't.

The wobbling you're experiencing isn't normal (at least not before 0.23) and can be fixed by editing the parts files for the landing gears. They're in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9_Aerospace\parts\Utility_Landing_Gear_HDG. The files are HDG1A, HDG1AL, HDG1T, HDG1TL, HDG2A, HDG2AL, HDG2T, HDG2TL. They're the only .cfg files. Just open them with notepad or whatever and change this line: sidewaysStiffness = 0.001. I've set it to 0.001 because I was trying to build something really big; at least set it to 0.01 because any higher and you'll probably still have the same problem.

And yes, use FAR if at all possible, because what can be accomplished in KSP without it can barely be considered flight. Other than that, everything's fine. If it still doesn't work, you've just got to do it better. Well, unless the wings are off-center because of a different bug. They probably aren't.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Any ideas on the parts trying to attach at really wierd angles, and heavily clipped inside things? An example is trying to mount engine pylons under the heavy wing, they just vanish inside it, making it impossible to mount the big jets.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Any ideas on the parts trying to attach at really wierd angles, and heavily clipped inside things? An example is trying to mount engine pylons under the heavy wing, they just vanish inside it, making it impossible to mount the big jets.

Switch the snapping mode. (When you see a circle instead of a hexagon, the parts will not clip anymore and will follow the parts surface shape.)

ok i've heard of FAR but never really understood it... does it make planes and rockets easier to fly... or harder? please someone help i'm not sure if this is the reason why i can't get someone elses SSTO to actually get into orbit :(

i have this B9 pack and wanted to know if it made the B9 wing parts (or stock shuttle) better at flying or if it made it worse :/

ok i've heard of FAR but never really understood it... does it make planes and rockets easier to fly... or harder?/

Harder, for the most part, but a lot of people who use FAR also use Real Fuels and other realism mods which, when used properly, can make things much easier by giving you control of larger rockets and more powerful and versatile fuels.