[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

ok i've heard of FAR but never really understood it... does it make planes and rockets easier to fly... or harder?

Depends if you understand aerodynamics (in this case it's easier) or if you dont (in which case it's much, much harder). Also good designs become really easy to fly, and awkward designs are... awkward at least :)

BEAUTIFUL spaceplane you got there sir, nice concept!

The more time we spend waiting, the more eager we get and fun we have! (anyway, I wont me able to keep myself much longer :P)

Why thank you!

I enjoyed the lines quite a bit myself, so I decided to take it a step further and integrate it into another related project.

8P3jPHK.png

5lP4V3A.png

bBDhLhy.png

And yes, some familiar with my previous offerings may recognize the kerbals' "garage", where the Diggers were built.

B9 is proving to be a major point of focus for most of the imagery I've been creating for my story! ^_^

You could easily find this by looking a few pages back, but there's no eta on 0.23 update. Although Bac9 is working on it

For fixes, you can check this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

Hi, it seems that the fix doesn't work for me as I'm still getting the error on SABRE engine (or maybe even B9 part in general). The engine still show the particle effects on both horizontal and vertical axis from the center of the engine. And when I'm on the runway I would start with 174 m/s surface speed and the craft would just stuck in the midair. Also, I have tested using the B9 part with a stock engine and the same problem occurs but I'm not sure whether it is directly related to B9 or not for this problem (stuck mid air on the runway after the craft is loaded) since I have this problem once with stock part too but with only the cockpit stuck midair.

What plane? the one on the previous page? (Because if it is, that plane is not in KSP! :rolleyes:)

You may not have been paying attention, but the craft actually is a B9 parts based animal. Dead just exported it to a high resolution rendering which frankly looks fantastic. That said, without any intakes, I'm not so sure it's very functional.

You may not have been paying attention, but the craft actually is a B9 parts based animal. Dead just exported it to a high resolution rendering which frankly looks fantastic. That said, without any intakes, I'm not so sure it's very functional.

Obviously the intake air is provided by a Kerbal blowing through a straw in the cockpit.

The spaceplane does actually exist in-game, but the engines were swapped out before exporting for the render work. The comments regarding missing intakes are 100% correct. There are none, and that's by design for the in-game version, since the actual ship uses the RAPIER engines, which don't require them (screenshot of the plane in-flight was posted a couple pages back).

The rendered version uses the jet engines for their look alone, and of course the textures are not the ones that are stock with the B9 pack. The model isn't intended to be game-accurate, but will serve nicely in this design for what I need it for later on.

I've got a bunch of B9-based planes and SSTOs that I've exported in a similar fashion at this point (for those blueprint images I was posting a while back), but I haven't re-textured them or done any more advanced render work with them beyond the flattened white line layout.

The spaceplane does actually exist in-game, but the engines were swapped out before exporting for the render work. The comments regarding missing intakes are 100% correct. There are none, and that's by design for the in-game version, since the actual ship uses the RAPIER engines, which don't require them (screenshot of the plane in-flight was posted a couple pages back).

The rendered version uses the jet engines for their look alone, and of course the textures are not the ones that are stock with the B9 pack. The model isn't intended to be game-accurate, but will serve nicely in this design for what I need it for later on.

I've got a bunch of B9-based planes and SSTOs that I've exported in a similar fashion at this point (for those blueprint images I was posting a while back), but I haven't re-textured them or done any more advanced render work with them beyond the flattened white line layout.

I saw that once I looked back a bit. I had a similar design going on, but did use the intake version with the engine node instead. Haven't flight tested it yet.

Hi to everyone!

I am getting weird bug when in SPH or in VAB. I can’t save or rename my assembly and can’t view any of FAR or tac life support window from 000_toolbar

Screen_Shot_2014_01_16_at_23_19_52.png

Hi to everyone!

I am getting weird bug when in SPH or in VAB. I can’t save or rename my assembly and can’t view any of FAR or tac life support window from 000_toolbar

Does that happen when you add a part? I had that problem with an old version of Kerbal Engineer, updating fixed it.

What mods does this not work with yet my game keeps crashing with this...

Use a texture compression mod or two, update the .dlls (links are earlier in the thread), should end up alright. Nothing shouldn't work with it.

Hi! Go trough the mods you just installed. I faced similar problem. I solved it by deleting the last mods one by one and I found that the RoboticArms mod was the problem.

Thanks! In my case that was UbioZur Welding Ltd.

i have a small problem that's been plaguing my gameplay for the past month, i have had installed B9 Aerospace for a while now, but since 0.23 rolled out, i noticed some issues while loading. i noticed that after about ten minutes, the game would get stuck on the Jet Pods. i've tried letting the game run for hours on end, but it's consistently stopping on those specific models. for a while i just blamed it on 0.23. but now i'm not so sure. i'm pretty sure it's not a lack of memory either. it wasn't crashing. so at this point, i'm not sure if it's something i'm missing, if it's something wrong with the mod or just because of 0.23. things that i HAVE tried include: Removing my texture compressor, lowering the mod load (by removing KW Rocketry), and letting it go over night. Things that i HAVEN'T tried is re-installing B9, removing all mods, removing said parts and manual installation. I've been using KSP Mod Admin for the automation. Mods installed are as follows: B9 (obviously), KSP Interstellar, Mechjeb, Novapunch, a texture compressor, Kethane and Procedural Fairings as well as the recently removed but probably to be re-added KW Rocketry

I am also currently trying to load without the jet pods. EDIT: it would appear as though ALL the jet engines are producing the same effect turbofans included. EDIT x2: another thought has occurred to me. 0.23 rolled out at roughly the same time as i started using Mod Admin, so i don't know which could be causing it, if it is either. I am also running again with a couple Texture reduction packs for B9, KW and Squad textures. no improvement

Edited by king224

i have a small problem that's been plaguing my gameplay for the past month, i have had installed B9 Aerospace for a while now, but since 0.23 rolled out, i noticed some issues while loading. i noticed that after about ten minutes, the game would get stuck on the Jet Pods. i've tried letting the game run for hours on end, but it's consistently stopping on those specific models. for a while i just blamed it on 0.23. but now i'm not so sure. i'm pretty sure it's not a lack of memory either. it wasn't crashing. so at this point, i'm not sure if it's something i'm missing, if it's something wrong with the mod or just because of 0.23. things that i HAVE tried include: Removing my texture compressor, lowering the mod load (by removing KW Rocketry), and letting it go over night. Things that i HAVEN'T tried is re-installing B9, removing all mods, removing said parts and manual installation. I've been using KSP Mod Admin for the automation. Mods installed are as follows: B9 (obviously), KSP Interstellar, Mechjeb, Novapunch, a texture compressor, Kethane and Procedural Fairings as well as the recently removed but probably to be re-added KW Rocketry

I am also currently trying to load without the jet pods. EDIT: it would appear as though ALL the jet engines are producing the same effect turbofans included. EDIT x2: another thought has occurred to me. 0.23 rolled out at roughly the same time as i started using Mod Admin, so i don't know which could be causing it, if it is either. I am also running again with a couple Texture reduction packs for B9, KW and Squad textures. no improvement

What do you mean "stuck on the jet pods"? It seizes when trying to load the models when loading the game? When you try to select them in the VAB/SPH? When present on a ship in-flight?

Straight up seizing isn't normal, and I've run every B9 engine on 0.23 so far without issues. Did you update the other plugins (Firespitter and Exsurgent Engineering)? Did you apply the SABRE fix called out in this thread a few pages back? Do you have other mods installed that could be causing some kind of conflict?

Check the logs. When the crash happens, alt-tab out and check %KSP_ROOT%/KSP_Data/output_log.txt, and %KSP_ROOT%/KSP.log

Maybe there will be something in there that can clue you in to what's happening when it crashes.

If you updated the plugins you don't need the SABRE fix, I think. That was to get around not having an updated EE.

Oh, heh. Guess I wouldn't have noticed the difference, since I applied the fix, then went and updated the plugins. Thanks for the clarification! :)