[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Nope! Game engine limitations due to being a 32 bit process that doesn't offload anything anywhere. (Assuming you mean RAM...in which case how the hell do you have 600gb of ram?!)

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/server-motherboards/server-board-s4600lh-s4600lt.html

EDIT: and to make this useful: the limitation comes from the Unity engine. Because 64 bit *does* work okay on Linux *and only Linux*, that's your way to get that working. Unfortunately, apparently mod compatibility becomes an exciting adventure at that point.

EDIT 2: and, if you're not willing to do that, do explore the memory management mod, which should totally be stickied in the mod forum.

Edited by ModZero

Did you try using the B9 pre-coolers in an intake/precooler/whatever else/engine setup while using KSPI?

Scott Manley's is a good example of how to set it up.

So using the precoolers seen in the youtube video you linked me seems to have done something, and I have managed to get this thing into space (every intake also has a precooler attached to a sabre engine) however the heat is not dissipating once i'm in space, staying near max overheating well into the flight. My other craft which I have tested do not have this problem, any suggestions there?

So using the precoolers seen in the youtube video you linked me seems to have done something, and I have managed to get this thing into space (every intake also has a precooler attached to a sabre engine) however the heat is not dissipating once i'm in space, staying near max overheating well into the flight. My other craft which I have tested do not have this problem, any suggestions there?

You'll need radiators to take the wasteheat away. Thermal turbojets operate by just throwing it out the back, but when that's off the wasteheat builds up without radiators to dissipate it.

You'll need radiators to take the wasteheat away. Thermal turbojets operate by just throwing it out the back, but when that's off the wasteheat builds up without radiators to dissipate it.

Just for clarification i'm not using Thermal Turbojets i'm using SABRE engines.

Just for clarification i'm not using Thermal Turbojets i'm using SABRE engines.

I'll have to do some testing of my own then. Almost done setting up my Dres voyage so I'll have 17 days to screw around with it before a window pops.

I would appreciate that, thank you.

Alright, tested it, and I didn't overheat until I was already swapped over to LFO (didn't manage to get to orbit though for a return trip.) My engines exploded.

I'm trying out some other setups atm to see if I can't figure out how to get it to work (worst case is I swap out the module for Sabre engines with the module from Rapier engines)

After Playing with the latest B9 pack (i'm playing .22 till b9 gets updated), i have thought of a nice niche part that may be useful,

if you try to put the B9 landing gear on the cargo bays the top of the gear bay goes through to the bottom of the cargo bay, if there could be a part that molds to the cargo bay and then connects the landing gear to that, i think that would be cool.

I am sorry for my less then great MS Paint skills

HGFhMoJ.jpg

I would appreciate that, thank you.

Every time I try to operate the sabre engines with intakes closed, the engines overheat and explode. Leaving the intakes open, which are attached to precoolers (whether the B9 or the Squad one that KSPI turns into an actual precooler) allows for the engines to run without overheating.

After Playing with the latest B9 pack (i'm playing .22 till b9 gets updated), i have thought of a nice niche part that may be useful,

if you try to put the B9 landing gear on the cargo bays the top of the gear bay goes through to the bottom of the cargo bay, if there could be a part that molds to the cargo bay and then connects the landing gear to that, i think that would be cool.

I am sorry for my less then great MS Paint skills

http://i.imgur.com/HGFhMoJ.jpg

Something like...the included spotlight?

Alright, tested it, and I didn't overheat until I was already swapped over to LFO (didn't manage to get to orbit though for a return trip.) My engines exploded.

I'm trying out some other setups atm to see if I can't figure out how to get it to work (worst case is I swap out the module for Sabre engines with the module from Rapier engines)

Ah yes, well I have gotten to orbit, but once there my engines do not cool down. They stay overheated for no apparent reason, which obviously doesn't allow me to make any extra maneuvers.

Ah yes, well I have gotten to orbit, but once there my engines do not cool down. They stay overheated for no apparent reason, which obviously doesn't allow me to make any extra maneuvers.

Hmm, I'll have to try to get into an orbit then (Only been getting up to about 60k before coming back down)

Just go in to the engine code and change the heat production of rocket mode to 900 or 1000

This solves all over heat problems:)

Ps guys

I'm slowly reverse ingineering the interstellar mod and working it into B9

For the precoolers

Note! I said slowly and sense I only know how to mess with cfg files I can only do so much. :) I'm not promising anything.

Edited by Tidus Klein

Just go in to the engine code and change the heat production of rocket mode to 900 or 1000

This solves all over heat problems:)

Ps guys

I'm slowly reverse ingineering the interstellar mod and working it into B9

For the precoolers

Note! I said slowly and sense I only know how to mess with cfg files I can only do so much. :) I'm not promising anything.

Ah Yes, I thought of this as well, and it seems to have no effect currently heat production is 30

Ah Yes, I thought of this as well, and it seems to have no effect currently heat production is 30

I have a sneaky suspicion the game screws up in the sense that the precoolers are the problem. Even with heath production at 0, i'm still overheated. I think there is a correlation between what the game thinks is your speed and your heat and that because the precoolers don't lose their heat like they are supposed to they are scaling with relative speed regardless of atmosphere.

Something like...the included spotlight?

Yea...except that I wasn't able to connect landing gear (at least the B9 ones) to it, and the searchlight would require one for each land gear (my idea would make one part work for multiple sets of gear)

having a a piece for each style of cargo bay at a few useful lengths (for multiple gear sets on one adapter) i think it would be useful, It would be cool to add a light to it as well.

If Bac9 does not feel like making the extra parts i might try to make something that would work.

That way the people that would want it could possibly get it and the people who don't want it wouldn't have to waste the memory

Assuming that would be ok with Bac9

I have a sneaky suspicion the game screws up in the sense that the precoolers are the problem. Even with heath production at 0, i'm still overheated. I think there is a correlation between what the game thinks is your speed and your heat and that because the precoolers don't lose their heat like they are supposed to they are scaling with relative speed regardless of atmosphere.

Yep there appears to be a bug where heat is not actually stored heat but rather a ratio to how fast you're going compared to your precoolers. I went retro grade turned engines full blast, and they started cooling down which is obviously counter intuitive.

Assuming that would be ok with Bac9

This isn't the Minecraft modding scene. Unless you were going to use a different license then the current one you don't need permission as long as you give the appropriate credit and are open about your modifications (among other minutiae).

It is nice to ask permission though.

I'd love to see more add-ons for popular mods. Mostly due to alot of the modders not always being able to get the chance to update their own stuff.

Exactly. In fact, Nothke is making a sweet cockpit mod for the HL fuselage.

Exactly. In fact, Nothke is making a sweet cockpit mod for the HL fuselage.

I'd love to see someone take up the Mk 4 fuselage parts again, as well as get a cockpit that has the huge doors on the front. But since I'm no good at modding myself, I'm not going to bother asking/whining about it (other then to state that I'd love to see it picked back up).

Where is this cockpit or is it still WIP?

This isn't the Minecraft modding scene. Unless you were going to use a different license then the current one you don't need permission as long as you give the appropriate credit and are open about your modifications (among other minutiae).

It is nice to ask permission though.

Thats good to know, when I get a little more free time i'll start messing around with it,

I do have interstellar, however attaching any of those radiators from inline to the side one's has no effect seeing over heat happen at ~700 m/s.

Are you using small or medium sabre engines?

I found if I am using a single medium engine and have 2 sabre intakes connected directly to sabre precoolers somewhere on the design then I don't overheat with interstellar mod. If I have 2 intakes, 2 precoolers and 2 engines then I still overheat. So, I hope this helps.

Are you using small or medium sabre engines?

I found if I am using a single medium engine and have 2 sabre intakes connected directly to sabre precoolers somewhere on the design then I don't overheat with interstellar mod. If I have 2 intakes, 2 precoolers and 2 engines then I still overheat. So, I hope this helps.

Trying to create a heavy lift ssto, so i'm using 8 S's and 1 M.