[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

i am having a problem with the SABRE engines. when I'm in the VAB or the SPH, they appear under propulsion, but when i go to select them, they don't give any thrust info (the only displayed info is electric charge and gimbal) and when i drag them onto a craft, they look as if they're on (i.e. thrust effects are used). they also don't get tinted green when I mouse over them and i can't select them for action groups. any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

I'd like to report an issue I have had over multiple releases; none of the parts load!

I have attempted to install B9 over the last two releases, and even though I am placing the mod folder in the GameData dir like all the other mods (which load fine), and during the game load screen it says it is loading the B9 parts, none of them show up in the VAB or SPH....

If anyone has any pointers to getting B9 to load properly I would appreciate it.

I'd like to report an issue I have had over multiple releases; none of the parts load!

I have attempted to install B9 over the last two releases, and even though I am placing the mod folder in the GameData dir like all the other mods (which load fine), and during the game load screen it says it is loading the B9 parts, none of them show up in the VAB or SPH....

If anyone has any pointers to getting B9 to load properly I would appreciate it.

If you are playing in career mode then you will have to unlock them, also if not then i would check to see if you have updated the plugins etc

i am having a problem with the SABRE engines. when I'm in the VAB or the SPH, they appear under propulsion, but when i go to select them, they don't give any thrust info (the only displayed info is electric charge and gimbal) and when i drag them onto a craft, they look as if they're on (i.e. thrust effects are used). they also don't get tinted green when I mouse over them and i can't select them for action groups. any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

Need to update the plugin ExsurgentEngineering. It's been getting bounced around in this thread a bit.

Need to update the plugin ExsurgentEngineering. It's been getting bounced around in this thread a bit.

Nope that didn't work unfortunately...

Just going to wait on the next release.

Edited by Kokanee

First, I really like this mod, the amount of parts is very impressive.

My favorite for rockets, believe it or not, is the S2 line. However, has anyone else noticed that when you compare the size and volume of the S2 fuel tanks/fuselage the amount of fuel/LFO they hold is significantly lower than fuel tanks of similar size / volume?

It would be nice if the S2 tanks and fuselage fuel/LFO capacities were based on the same size/volume proportions as fuel tanks from say, Squad or KW.

You sure you installed that correctly?

I know when I didn't have it installed right, the parts didn't show up or only some of them showed up

I feel bad for complaining, so I did something about it. I have no idea if this interests any users of this mod, but I made a simple Module Manager patch for sorting the pieces. It basically moves everything to be where you'd find it with stock. Fuel tanks to propulsion, RCS/SAS to control, docking bays and whatnot to utility, tail sections to Aerodynamics. It isn't perfect, but it definitely addresses one of my major issues with the mod and maybe it will help someone else out too.

Pastebin link, you'll have to install it manually. It requires MM 1.5+

EDIT: RCS and blocks have a similar naming scheme, I updated the file for this. If you find anything wrong, let me know and I'll try to get it fixed but this should clear up the majority of parts.

Edited by Hyomoto

I feel bad for complaining, so I did something about it. I have no idea if this interests any users of this mod, but I made a simple Module Manager patch for sorting the pieces. It basically moves everything to be where you'd find it with stock. Fuel tanks to propulsion, RCS/SAS to control, docking bays and whatnot to utility, tail sections to Aerodynamics. It isn't perfect, but it definitely addresses one of my major issues with the mod and maybe it will help someone else out too.

Dude, you rock

EDIT: RCS and blocks have a similar naming scheme, I updated the file for this. If you find anything wrong, let me know and I'll try to get it fixed but this should clear up the majority of parts.

I have had the same thoughts, thank you for setting this up.

How do you apply this patch?

Let us all hope bac9 randomly appears from hibernation with an update ;)

Since he is working with the KSP devs now, tbh, I don't think he has time to put much effort into B9 anymore. I also do not think anyone could replicate his style of art (at this time) for a knockoff of B9 to come out for the time being. But man, would I love more B9 parts, or at the bare minimum, performance improvements without sacrificing quality as i am sure a lot of others are waiting for.

Since he is working with the KSP devs now, tbh, I don't think he has time to put much effort into B9 anymore. I also do not think anyone could replicate his style of art (at this time) for a knockoff of B9 to come out for the time being. But man, would I love more B9 parts, or at the bare minimum, performance improvements without sacrificing quality as i am sure a lot of others are waiting for.

IIRC, he doesn't work for Squad anymore.

How do you apply this patch?

It's a module manager patch. Make sure you have module manager installed (many mods use it, there's a good chance you do, but if you don't you'll need to do a search for it, I don't have time to paste the link right now). Then make a new text file in your GameData folder, copy the text from that link into it and rename with with a .cfg extension.

IIRC, he doesn't work for Squad anymore.

AFAIK, I was under the impression he still was, should that not be the case, then I hope to hear from him soon as to where his life is headed with the KSP community.

It's a module manager patch. Make sure you have module manager installed (many mods use it, there's a good chance you do, but if you don't you'll need to do a search for it, I don't have time to paste the link right now). Then make a new text file in your GameData folder, copy the text from that link into it and rename with with a .cfg extension.

Thank you, I realized this after I posted my question. I noticed in the WheelSounds mod I have (part of the Sound Pack to bring more life to KSP) that it uses a specific config file just for the parts and extra info that usually would be in the part cfg so I put the text file in the B9 pack and renamed it accordingly and it works :) As a test, I made unrealistic locations for the parts to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

AFAIK, I was under the impression he still was, should that not be the case, then I hope to hear from him soon as to where his life is headed with the KSP community.

He's listed under "Legacy" so it's fairly safe to assume that he's probably on vacation right now, and no longer working for Squad. Also, R/L.

He's listed under "Legacy" so it's fairly safe to assume that he's probably on vacation right now, and no longer working for Squad. Also, R/L.

R/L? (Real life?) I was not aware of his listed status but thanks for clearing that up.

He left the team a while back because he wanted some free time on the weekends. I guess he felt that working on KSP as well as his ordinary job got a bit much.

I do hope he hasn't left us entirely though. B9 is very much my favourite part pack mod and I still think a dedicated docking port for the Mk2 shape set is something that should happen.

guys, remember, the only thing broken here are the plugins, fix those and you're good to go.

And how is this accomplished? I would very much like to bring B9 into my Career mode. :)