[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hello to all. I am trying to use the Sabre engines and I am having some problems. YES, I updated the firespitter.dll and the exsurgentengineering one as well. THe problem is that with the exsurgentengineering.dll in the load, my program is constantly spamming null references. When I remove the ensurgent, the error goes away.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if the answer is listed, I missed it. thanks for any help.

I had to drop the EE.dll (and KineTech) due to errors as well, replacing the default SABRE config's with landeTLS ModuleFX ones

You will have a plugin thats conflicting with another or you have 2 of the same plugin but diffrent versions, remove all your mods 1 by 1 and figure out what the trouble maker is, its the most fool proof way of finding the culprit but time consuming

I took out RemoteTech 2, and it seems to have stopped, the error, but most of my ships and satellites are using dishes from that mod, so I can't be 100% sure if it's that or just everything is broken. I'm not sure why the mod would do that either... guess I'll have to find their thread and see if anyone else has had this issue.

I took out RemoteTech 2, and it seems to have stopped, the error, but most of my ships and satellites are using dishes from that mod, so I can't be 100% sure if it's that or just everything is broken. I'm not sure why the mod would do that either... guess I'll have to find their thread and see if anyone else has had this issue.
RemoteTech2 has a few severe bugs in 1.3.3. Install the community patch from http://www./download/dncc8qu44t30a90/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip and see if things get better.

Hello there.

I have a problem with the mod that looks like I've made a mistake while installing. I do what readme says: unzip and put everything inside KSP folder and overwrite everything except readme. So yay, I have B9! Nope.

The problem is that in-game most things don't work at all. All landing gears are behaving like landind legs that can't be retracted. They fall off shortly after I turn engines on. I can't change direction in which VTOL engine is facing, can't toggle VTOL engine steering, Sabre egines are just cilinders without any use. Can anybody tell me why all this happens?

Hello there.

I have a problem with the mod that looks like I've made a mistake while installing. I do what readme says: unzip and put everything inside KSP folder and overwrite everything except readme. So yay, I have B9! Nope.

The problem is that in-game most things don't work at all. All landing gears are behaving like landind legs that can't be retracted. They fall off shortly after I turn engines on. I can't change direction in which VTOL engine is facing, can't toggle VTOL engine steering, Sabre egines are just cilinders without any use. Can anybody tell me why all this happens?

If you have a problem, you are generally expected to read the last ten pages of a thread before asking. Anyway, update firespitter.dll (you can get it in the mod Firespitter, you only need to install the dll though), then update ExsurgentEngineering.dll. This should fix all of your issues.

If you have a problem, you are generally expected to read the last ten pages of a thread before asking. Anyway, update firespitter.dll (you can get it in the mod Firespitter, you only need to install the dll though), then update ExsurgentEngineering.dll. This should fix all of your issues.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

Or look at that link, which details several other minor fixes as well.

Well...

I updated both .dll files and I've modified .cfg files. Well, after my plane ended up almost on R&D facility I can say that it didn't helped. Landing gear is still behaving like a stick and VTOL engine is just a sci-fi looking jet engine. I've looked at 0.23 fixes thread, but I haven't found anything helpful. Anything else I can do?

Well...

I updated both .dll files and I've modified .cfg files. Well, after my plane ended up almost on R&D facility I can say that it didn't helped. Landing gear is still behaving like a stick and VTOL engine is just a sci-fi looking jet engine. I've looked at 0.23 fixes thread, but I haven't found anything helpful. Anything else I can do?

Landing gear *are* sticks, where KSP is concerned, but they don't attach perfectly to B9 parts every time either. I've had no problems with ships based on the parts, but I have to look at the thing from every possible angle to make sure the gear are mounted perfectly. Most times, and especially when using the S2 parts, the gear will toe inward just a hair, just enough to screw up everything at launch.

As for engines not animating, it sounds like you either placed the Firespitter .dll in the wrong place, or you have a redundant copy running.

Mine is running from

D:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_win_23\GameData\Firespitter\Plugins

Anywhere else (or again, having a second copy in GameData somewhere) is just looking for weird troubles.

I've been wanting to make a sort of "B9 Extension Pack", consisting of utility and structural parts of dubious but no doubt existent usefulness, and was wondering if you could provide model files that can be opened in 3DS Max, Bac9?

I've been wanting to make a sort of "B9 Extension Pack", consisting of utility and structural parts of dubious but no doubt existent usefulness, and was wondering if you could provide model files that can be opened in 3DS Max, Bac9?

There's a .mu -> usable file converter somewhere, made by Taniwah IIRC. Remember to check B9's license out too.

Back with another question. Apologies in advance if this has been answered in the past; my search engine skills are failing me.

When I recently built an unmanned SSTO, I decided to use a SABRE S engine from B9. The part functions as advertised, no problem. Except for one small, yet significant detail. As soon as I attach it to my SSTO, my CoM indicator disappears. Toggling CoM does not bring it back. CoL and CoT both remain unaffected. Only CoM disappears. Is there a quick fix for this oddity?

Back with another question. Apologies in advance if this has been answered in the past; my search engine skills are failing me.

When I recently built an unmanned SSTO, I decided to use a SABRE S engine from B9. The part functions as advertised, no problem. Except for one small, yet significant detail. As soon as I attach it to my SSTO, my CoM indicator disappears. Toggling CoM does not bring it back. CoL and CoT both remain unaffected. Only CoM disappears. Is there a quick fix for this oddity?

It's a bug with tweakables. I don't remember the fix, but it was something with cfg editing the engine's electricCharge storage.

This was mentioned some müns ago:

This bug is triggered by the part having a resource with maxAmount=0 (Electrical Charge in case of b9 engines). If you installed the b9 tweakables fix, you can right-click the engine in SPH/VAB (note that it says NaN/0 for Electric Charge amount) and move the electric charge amount slider. The bug can be retriggered and "resolved" by the same method an unlimited amount of times.

You can prevent that bug by either changing the maxAmount to a non-zero value or removing the Electric Charge resource module altogether in the configs of the engines.

I haven't tried this fix yet because I keep forgetting about it, but I too have seen the CoM disappear, with more than just the SABREs.

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0

}

It's a bug with tweakables. I don't remember the fix, but it was something with cfg editing the engine's electricCharge storage.
I haven't tried this fix yet because I keep forgetting about it, but I too have seen the CoM disappear, with more than just the SABREs.

Ah! Many thanks for the fix! I will make the edits post-haste.

I would love an addition of b9-esque parts! Please do this I will definitely download...If you need help testing the parts or anything shoot me a pm too!

Its been ages since ive been around here, And I fear B9 is going the way of sunday-punch, Has there been any word from Bac9 at all ?

no but he's been around on the forums... if B9 doesn't get updated then one of the most loved mods will be lost :(

i think bac9 is just trying to get everything fixed though ^.^... i hope...

well when you've got nothing else to do... you gotta hope... right guys?....

....guys...?

"And I fear B9 is going the way of sunday punch"

... you do realize that a major portion of the parts in NovaPunch 2.0 can trace their lineage back to parts from the Sunday Punch pack, right?

It may have been difficult for Tiberion to get in contact with the author, but he's been keeping them up to date for quite a while now, and I don't think that's going to stop anytime soon. (or anytime Soonâ„¢, for that matter).

Rest assured, even if Bac9 were to lose interest in KSP, I'm sure these parts would find a good home. They're too good to just die quietly like that.

"And I fear B9 is going the way of sunday punch"

... you do realize that a major portion of the parts in NovaPunch 2.0 can trace their lineage back to parts from the Sunday Punch pack, right?

It may have been difficult for Tiberion to get in contact with the author, but he's been keeping them up to date for quite a while now, and I don't think that's going to stop anytime soon. (or anytime Soonâ„¢, for that matter).

Rest assured, even if Bac9 were to lose interest in KSP, I'm sure these parts would find a good home. They're too good to just die quietly like that.

i'm sure EVERYONE will try to fix some sort of bug that comes up sooner or later in any version of ksp that comes up... that's how good froums are...

Quick question, tried to spot it in this threadnaught but after reading about 20 pages, I didn't find anything.

-When I use the B9 lights, if I timewarp with them on while in orbit, they will lightup the entire planet! Is there anything to fix that? I am not sure but it seemed to happen only with the b9 lights, could be wrong tho.

-On the same note, I doubt this can be fixed as its probably hard coded in the animation, still maybe not. Is it possible to have the lights not flicker when you turn them on or off? I don't know, not quite fond of that effect. Just a personal taste here and defenatly not going crazy about it but if it can be changed, it would be nice.

Thanks!

Quick question, tried to spot it in this threadnaught but after reading about 20 pages, I didn't find anything.

-When I use the B9 lights, if I timewarp with them on while in orbit, they will lightup the entire planet! Is there anything to fix that? I am not sure but it seemed to happen only with the b9 lights, could be wrong tho.

-On the same note, I doubt this can be fixed as its probably hard coded in the animation, still maybe not. Is it possible to have the lights not flicker when you turn them on or off? I don't know, not quite fond of that effect. Just a personal taste here and defenatly not going crazy about it but if it can be changed, it would be nice.

Thanks!

1) although that is a bug it's not really telling you much apart from what the planet looks like. and no no fix so far

2) nope it's hard coded so just deal with it unless you want to deal with it yourself and goodluck and congratz if you get it done.