[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

B9 works very well with Shuttles of unusual size

just needed to place an offset mainsail and 2 radial rocket engines on action groups to adjust pitch as needed. 3 large fuel tanks as a drop tank helps keep the shuttle weighted down until 15km. and of course i had to do all of this while enjoying the beautiful IVA view

v9CV30i.jpg

other images~ shuttle in space http://i.imgur.com/ZqiYaDe.jpg accidentally made a vtol, look no damage http://i.imgur.com/jMKKq8o.jpg

I'm having a lot of difficulty putting anything together with the B9 pack, even if I build a ship in the SPH, the whole thing breaks apart at the joints between fuselage sections - this happens with any of the new ship parts.

Are you guys just using the dev console for unbreakable joints when making these ships or something?

04zXDUu.png

My SSTOs look like battlestars now.

How did you get those S2 sized cargo holds? Did you resize the HL ones?

I'm having a lot of difficulty putting anything together with the B9 pack, even if I build a ship in the SPH, the whole thing breaks apart at the joints between fuselage sections - this happens with any of the new ship parts.

Are you guys just using the dev console for unbreakable joints when making these ships or something?

I'm experiencing some difficulty as well. First few things I built behaved as expected, but for example if I attempt to attach an SH 4x4 square wing to a HL cargo bay it will always rip the ship appart as soon as it spawns.

Having this problem as well, and I even tried using the extra heavy struts from the NovaPunch pack to staple the section together. Seems to be exacerbated by MechJeb, who will slam the throttle wide open at the ascent apoapsis when he tries to circularize. It goes from 0 to max in like a 10th of a second and everything just falls apart hah. Also has a pretty bad wobble problem unless I disable engine gimbal.

I've used struts, but I don't think it's mechjeb - my ships fall apart on the runway before I even turn on the engines - like they can't even handle the force of gravity on the joints.
Pretty massive cfg update incoming ... I went though all the parts and normalized internal volume, dry mass, connection strengths, crash resistance ... its taken nearly 2 days.

Should be out before too long, see if the update fixes it for you.

An edition of the awesome S2 Cockpit Parts,plus with parts of BobCat,KW,Leucome and Romfarer,i give the code "S2-C",for space military operations,one of them,the destroy of targets.

I change the colour,to gray-black,two engines (one inside to other),and changes to much of parameters at .cfg files.

67c1mrS.jpg

67c1mrS.jpg

24cEAd3.jpg

vykObK3.jpg

6YzNSs3.jpg

I8rdQRf.jpg

Edited by CERVERUS

So, I tried to build a plane using the S3 Hypersonic Front Section. My reasonably logical design led me to putting the wide-body adapter/air intake on it, and from there I added fuel.

But I've run into a problem.

What do you PUT on something that huge? Maybe I just suck at looking, but I can't see any sort of adapter to mount engines on it...

What do you PUT on something that huge? Maybe I just suck at looking, but I can't see any sort of adapter to mount engines on it...

yep that is a problem... i use the intake in reverse to get it back to a S2 section and then a tail,

But I've run into a problem.

my thoughts exactly, now im staring at the mk 4 cargo adapter thinking what could possibly attach to the large end of that. My guess even bigger parts are in the pipeline 0_0

I ran into exactly the same problem. The pack lacks a part that reverts the S2 wide body back into the regular S2. In basis the intake piece in reverse with attachment points for engines.

my thoughts exactly, now im staring at the mk 4 cargo adapter thinking what could possibly attach to the large end of that. My guess even bigger parts are in the pipeline 0_0

it's actually a compatibility piece for another mod by the name of the mk 4 fuselage system as far as I can tell

I ran into exactly the same problem. The pack lacks a part that reverts the S2 wide body back into the regular S2. In basis the intake piece in reverse with attachment points for engines.

Yeah, that's what I just used. Oddly my giant bulky plane took off at 30 m/s, barely moving. Presumably that new CFG edit will fix that. Usually my planes barely fly, let alone lift off at 30 m/s

And yeah, the mk4 adapter is for Touhou Torpedos wonderful outsized cargo mod parts.

Nice to see modders considering existing work by other modders, avoiding duplication of effort. I'm sure bac9 would have made some beautiful mk4 parts in the absence of TT's mod, but given it's existence, leaves bac9 free to do other things.