[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I've noticed that not all parts have become available in career mode as they should.

While in career mode the following parts are not available in the VAB after the High Altitude Flight TechRequired has been unlocked.

(structural section)

S2 LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 3.75m Adapter LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 4x1.25 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 2x2.5 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body Fuselage Adapter LFO

Yes I have checked the part config files. These should be unlocked when the High Altitude Flight R&D is unlocked (which I have)

Has anyone one else seen this?

Does anyone not have this problem?

Looking for a solution, any help is appreciated.

I am having a bit of a problem with the landing gear and the ailerons (control surfaces). As for the landing gear, i can't get them to work... no matter how many i use, where i put them, anything, my larger planes always shimmy themselves to death on the runway. While this is happening you can look at the landing gear and they are going all over the place.

for the control surfaces, are they not compatible with SAS? any time i turn on SAS with the B9 control surfaces on my plane, they start shaking uncontrollably. No matter what.

Is there something i should be doing to get these to work? anyone else having a problem with this?

I am having a bit of a problem with the landing gear and the ailerons (control surfaces). As for the landing gear, i can't get them to work... no matter how many i use, where i put them, anything, my larger planes always shimmy themselves to death on the runway. While this is happening you can look at the landing gear and they are going all over the place.

for the control surfaces, are they not compatible with SAS? any time i turn on SAS with the B9 control surfaces on my plane, they start shaking uncontrollably. No matter what.

Is there something i should be doing to get these to work? anyone else having a problem with this?

I have got the same Problem, mostly with an airspeed of 150m/s+, before that its fine. I think I read some post which stated it has to associate with Kerbal Joint Reinforcements and the Landing gears bugging into the wing... Don't know if thats true though

This is great but I got an nasty bug with command pods and please update.

Please don't. bac9 is most likely working on this addon, but it is a very large addon and takes time to update. Saying "please update" in an addon thread is extremely rude. Keep in mind that bac9 is giving you this for free, so you have no right whatsoever to demand anything of him.

I have a problem with the SABRE engines.

they don't show up in the engine list, thus I`m not able to activate and start them. I tried using pre-made models that follows with the mod, but it wont work, the only thing on the list to the right is the command capsule.

I'm fairly sure I installed it right, merged all the folders from the mod into the root folder, I also tried using a fresh root folder, and I installed the mod twice, after it didn't work the first time either.

Its also only the Sabre engines, all the other that came with the mod works.

Any help is appreciated, its really a great mod, adds alot of more fun to the game.

Edited by thatsme1133

I have a problem with the SABRE engines.

they don't show up in the engine list, thus I`m not able to activate and start them. I tried using pre-made models that follows with the mod, but it wont work, the only thing on the list to the right is the command capsule.

I'm fairly sure I installed it right, merged all the folders from the mod into the root folder, I also tried using a fresh root folder, and I installed the mod twice, after it didn't work the first time either.

Its also only the Sabre engines, all the other that came with the mod works.

Any help is appreciated, its really a great mod, adds alot of more fun to the game.

You have to put the B9 Aerospace folder into the GameData folder, which is inside the root folder. This has been the normal way to install mods since 0.20.

You have to put the B9 Aerospace folder into the GameData folder, which is inside the root folder. This has been the normal way to install mods since 0.20.

I have done so, I believe if I hadn't then none of the part would be available in-game. This is not the case as they are.

I have done so, I believe if I hadn't then none of the part would be available in-game. This is not the case as they are.

Hmmm, a lot of people had this issue some time ago. You say that the only parts you get are the cocpits and command capsules?

Okay, here are a few things you might have done wrong:

1: Are you playing career mode?

2: Have you updated the ExurgentEngineering dll to the newest version (there's a link some pages back)?

3: Have you tried redownloading the mod? Spaceport bugs out sometimes, especially on slower connections.

4:Are you using any mods like PartCatalog?

5: Are you using any other mods?

Hmmm, a lot of people had this issue some time ago. You say that the only parts you get are the cocpits and command capsules?

Okay, here are a few things you might have done wrong:

1: Are you playing career mode?

2: Have you updated the ExurgentEngineering dll to the newest version (there's a link some pages back)?

3: Have you tried redownloading the mod? Spaceport bugs out sometimes, especially on slower connections.

4:Are you using any mods like PartCatalog?

5: Are you using any other mods?

Ah, I updated the ExurgentEngineering.dll and voila, it worked!

thanks for the help!

After a ExurgentEngineering.dll and Firespitter.dll update completely ruined my savegame I've at last unlocked the final B9 tech node again. Finally I can enjoy those now SABRE's again. (This time I did manage to get them working.)

Is it just me or are the large SABRE's complete and utterly useless? Anything over roughly 2/3 throttle will overheat and destroy them. The pre-coolers have been useless from the very start and no design I've come up with has been able to keep them cool.

Anyone has an idea why my KSP crashes when i'm loading the I-8L Bradbury Craft? Pretty weird to me :wink:

Note: I updated the game with ExcurgentEngineering.dll and the newest Firespitter.dll so the problem cant be there.

And when is the pack itself going to be updated? As i understand its really hard to make the pack compatible and stable for .23

Edited by larzie33

Some B9 Parts aren't loading...

While in career mode the following parts (among others) are not available in the VAB after their Required Tech has been unlocked/researched.

(structural section)

S2 LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 3.75m Adapter LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 4x1.25 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 2x2.5 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body Fuselage Adapter LFO

I have checked the part config files to double check I have unlocked the adequate Tech.

I have removed, re-downloaded, and reinstalled the B9 package.

I have DL'd and installed the latest Firespitter files.

I have updated the ExurgentEngineering files.

I'm using MechJeb, KW, Kethane, KAS, AIES, Wayland Corp wheels, Part Catalog, Remote Tech.

Does anyone know of a way to help me? I'd really like to use these parts.

[EDIT] Embarrassingly, I found the problem and it was user error. Thank you to Chris_W, where ever you are, for helping me to figure it out.

Edited by Fett2oo5

I come here few times a day to check if it has been updated. Even though you can play it with those updated dlls, Im still waiting, seems like it doesn't work for so many people...!

Also, if it was stable just by changing some dlls, bac9 could have made a quick update for everyone, instead of keep working on the next release ^^

The wait is getting hard :D

you rock bac9

I come here few times a day to check if it has been updated. Even though you can play it with those updated dlls, Im still waiting, seems like it doesn't work for so many people...!

Also, if it was stable just by changing some dlls, bac9 could have made a quick update for everyone, instead of keep working on the next release ^^

The wait is getting hard :D

you rock bac9

I completely agree with everything in this post

I completely agree with everything in this post

Seconded! B9 is my all-time favorite mod, thanks for all the great work bac9!

Now excuse me while I return to lurking patiently..

Edited by Yakuzi

Just thought I'd throw in that I was able to fix the SABRE engines not working by replacing only ExsurgentEngineering.dll. I'm not sure what not upgrading Firespitter leaves broken (nothing I've noticed?) but I didn't feel like downloading an entire parts pack just for the DLL.

Just thought I'd throw in that I was able to fix the SABRE engines not working by replacing only ExsurgentEngineering.dll. I'm not sure what not upgrading Firespitter leaves broken (nothing I've noticed?) but I didn't feel like downloading an entire parts pack just for the DLL.

I think without it it breaks the VTOL and thrust vectoring engines.