[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Words

I had the exact problem you had; I accidentally installed a .dll that wasn't the newest version and it hung up on jet pods like you mentioned. Removing them just made it hang on other parts, so replacing Firespitter.dll might solve your problems

I had the exact problem you had; I accidentally installed a .dll that wasn't the newest version and it hung up on jet pods like you mentioned. Removing them just made it hang on other parts, so replacing Firespitter.dll might solve your problems

Them Words.

What do you mean "stuck on the jet pods"? It seizes when trying to load the models when loading the game? When you try to select them in the VAB/SPH? When present on a ship in-flight?

Straight up seizing isn't normal, and I've run every B9 engine on 0.23 so far without issues. Did you update the other plugins (Firespitter and Exsurgent Engineering)? Did you apply the SABRE fix called out in this thread a few pages back? Do you have other mods installed that could be causing some kind of conflict?

Check the logs. When the crash happens, alt-tab out and check %KSP_ROOT%/KSP_Data/output_log.txt, and %KSP_ROOT%/KSP.log

Maybe there will be something in there that can clue you in to what's happening when it crashes.

Yes, the game would just seize mid-load until i came back to it a couple hours later to end the task. and it wasn't crashing, so there would be no log. i'll be trying the plug-in updates now, i'll let you know if/when it works. EDIT: i haven't tried the updates yet, but having compared my gamedata folder with the B9 .zip, i noticed the the entire Firespitter subfolder was missing, not sure if that's what could be causing it, but the more you know... EDIT x2: running the test with the updated plugins. Test was semi-successful. it went farther than the jet pods this time. but got stuck at a B9 RCS port

Edited by king224

Them Words.

Yeah, I didn't make myself too clear there. I removed the ExsurgentEngineering.dll to try and replicate your current problem, but KSP didn't hang on the RCS block, so I don't know what the ****.

Depends, sometimes crashing while loading can be caused by running out of RAM when trying to use too many parts mods.

Also, trying to nail down an issue here, my log is getting spammed by this, and I'm not sure if it's caused by something in B9 or what:

[LOG 23:00:51.102] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.108] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.113] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.128] CerberusEngineController.Update
[LOG 23:00:51.132] CerberusEngineController.LateUpdate

Depends, sometimes crashing while loading can be caused by running out of RAM when trying to use too many parts mods.

Also, trying to nail down an issue here, my log is getting spammed by this, and I'm not sure if it's caused by something in B9 or what:

[LOG 23:00:51.102] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.108] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.113] CerberusEngineController.FixedUpdate
[LOG 23:00:51.128] CerberusEngineController.Update
[LOG 23:00:51.132] CerberusEngineController.LateUpdate

This is a debug print from the exurgentengineering.dll. ee can cause the flightscene panning/camera control to lock up too. The current version of the dll is really buggy. Remove it and the sabres and youre good to go. You can put in some modified sabre cfg files that use squads multi engine module instead.

Some B9 Parts aren't loading...

While in career mode the following parts (among others) are not available in the VAB after their Required Tech has been unlocked/researched.

(structural section)

S2 LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body LFO Tank

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 3.75m Adapter LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 4x1.25 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body 2x2.5 Engine Mount LFO

S2 Fuselage Wide Body Fuselage Adapter LFO

I have checked the part config files to double check I have unlocked the adequate Tech.

I have removed, re-downloaded, and reinstalled the B9 package.

I have DL'd and installed the latest Firespitter files.

I have updated the ExurgentEngineering files.

I'm using MechJeb, KW, Kethane, KAS, AIES, Wayland Corp wheels, Part Catalog, Remote Tech.

Does anyone know of a way to help me? I'd really like to use these parts.

[EDIT] Embarrassingly, I found the problem and it was user error. Thank you to Chris_W, where ever you are, for helping me to figure it out.

I have the same problem, could you post your solution?

Alright I just downloaded the R4 pack from the mods site, and updated my .dll's as recommended earlier in the thread..now I'm seeing this:

http://imgur.com/P3BZp0h.png

Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

Your not alone. It happened for me when I had B9, and pre sited even on a vanilla fresh install, and I've got no replies.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65621-Graphical-Loading-Screen-Bug

Just thought I'd throw the ball out there. Is Bac still maintaining this? Or has being a dev at Squad kept him too occupied to deal with bugfixing, patching, and adding more stuff? The community demands this pack be updated, it's too popular. So is this pack at a point where a chance in the person maintaining it may be needed? or should it remain as is? Just brainstorming. Other opinions?

-redacted-

Edited by Captain Sierra

Okay, Sierra, you seem to have missed a few memos while you were away. I'll clear this up for you:

1) Bac isnt a dev anymore. We dont know why, and frankly I dont mind. It's his business alone.

2) Bac is still working on this, but it is taking a while, as there is a bunch of new epic parts coming, if Bac's pics are to be believed.

3) The pack is mostly compatible with 0.23, all you just need to do is search back through the last few pages for links to the new ExsurgentEngineering.dll, and get the new firespitter.dll to get everything (Read as: Sabres and cargo bays) to work like you would expect. I also remember a MM config being posted a little while ago that made the control surfaces tweakeable.

EDIT:

Sees bug report:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Edited by Deathsoul097

Universal and likke_A_boss --- have you tried installing the lo-res texture pack that comes with B9? Full-res B9 over vanilla was enough to give me a CTD, when I tried it with the current version, but the lower resolution mod fixed that.

Universal and likke_A_boss --- have you tried installing the lo-res texture pack that comes with B9? Full-res B9 over vanilla was enough to give me a CTD, when I tried it with the current version, but the lower resolution mod fixed that.

No, B9 was not the culprit, the problem persisted on a fresh vanilla version, as I stated in my previous post.

Same here, either the RAM footprint of B9 got a lot bigger since .21 (last version I used before my little sabbatical) or the way KSP/Unity handles textures got borked again. Before, I was able to use several parts packs at once, and this was before the Active Texture Reducer mod came about.

Same here, either the RAM footprint of B9 got a lot bigger since .21 (last version I used before my little sabbatical) or the way KSP/Unity handles textures got borked again. Before, I was able to use several parts packs at once, and this was before the Active Texture Reducer mod came about.

Make that x3. I can't run B9 with hardly anything now, including my all important RLA stockalike. I used to be able to run it without reduction pack. .23 is so broken as far as graphical lagging. Oceans get worse with every update too.

On top of that, the pile of new gynormous (if it isn't a word, it is now. :sticktongue:) parts looks like the memory footprint of this pack is gonna go even more through the roof with the next update.

After I came back and started using .23 for the first time, the ONLY parts pack I started out with was B9, because to me it's the most essential, on top of the HD Skybox & HD Kerbin textures from Universe Replacer. That alone meant I might be able to switch between vessels a few times before it hit the memory ceiling (~3.7GB in my case.) Before, I was able to use the updated KW Rocketry and some NovaPunch parts with no issue. Not anymore...but at least the texture reduction mod works well, though now even a craft with less than 100 parts can still physics lag (yellow MET timer) though don't know if that's caused by Universe Replacer, or the Texture Reduction mod.

Some solutions:

Turn your physics delta time down in the settings.

Get above 160km. Then the full-res water textures unload.

For some reason, the oceans remain at the same resolution as if you had landed in it until you hit 160km altitude. On top of that, they are lag demons, getting worse every update.

I've noticed a funny bug, when i place the b9 modular wings on an S2 widebody cargo bay they generate asymmetric lift. It only happens when they are placed horizontally though, angling them up or down seems to work properly. Its not just a display error because in flight the plane yaws massively. I have Far, b9, nova punch and another parts pack installed, is that the issue?

I hate to complain, but for some reason I try to launch with b9 installed I have issues. The game starts fine (after about 5 minutes), but the textures wont load, and when i try to load a save or make a new one it crashes the moment I hit okay. Any suggestions/help?