[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

No, B9 was not the culprit, the problem persisted on a fresh vanilla version, as I stated in my previous post.

Oh, okay, sorry. I misinterpreted 'pre sited' in your OP. That'll teach me to post before being fully awake from a nap ... :-)

I've noticed a funny bug, when i place the b9 modular wings on an S2 widebody cargo bay they generate asymmetric lift. It only happens when they are placed horizontally though, angling them up or down seems to work properly. Its not just a display error because in flight the plane yaws massively. I have Far, b9, nova punch and another parts pack installed, is that the issue?

There is the distinct possibility that this is FAR related. It certainly sounds as if it could be FAR screwing over a minor craft flaw. I'd need a top-down pic of the craft to be sure but it's either something wrong with your craft design that you overlooked or a bug.

Watching today's Manley's Youtube video reminded me that I have a fix for the issue with B9 experiments being unrepeatable:

B9 mod fixes

This replaces 4 parts (the nosecones and radial packages) with versions that have their science modules tagged, so that I can reach them from a MM config file, and adds an MM config that brings those modules to sync with the stock analogues.

Not much experience with MM, and this was made on a knee for personal use, so prying eyes appreciated.

After I came back and started using .23 for the first time, the ONLY parts pack I started out with was B9, because to me it's the most essential, on top of the HD Skybox & HD Kerbin textures from Universe Replacer. That alone meant I might be able to switch between vessels a few times before it hit the memory ceiling (~3.7GB in my case.) Before, I was able to use the updated KW Rocketry and some NovaPunch parts with no issue. Not anymore...but at least the texture reduction mod works well, though now even a craft with less than 100 parts can still physics lag (yellow MET timer) though don't know if that's caused by Universe Replacer, or the Texture Reduction mod.

Just to play Devil's Advocate B9 always ends up being the first mod I delete. It's absolutely bloated with parts that are sorted horribly and terribly exclusive. Don't get me wrong, bac9 is amazingly talented, his mod is terrifyingly well optimized, and everything is professionally done. I always end up deleting it when I get irritated that all the pieces are made to fit with their compliments. If you try to mix and match, everything just looks awful. So you might ask, why are you in this thread? Well, as far as high quality parts go, this is probably number one and I'm here because I keep going back and forth on whether or not to install it.

I always say, "I'll just pick a few parts out of it". But honestly, they look awful with anything BUT the other pieces in the pack so I always seem to change my mind.

I've been having problems with the landing gears. Sometimes when I try a plane, during take off the wheels start wobbling and the plane crashes, but other times the same plane takes off perfectly.

That sounds more like a generic landing gear problem than a B9 specific one.

Make sure your gear are oriented STRAIGHT DOWN. due to the way they work, bad things happen if they are not.

That sounds more like a generic landing gear problem than a B9 specific one.

Make sure your gear are oriented STRAIGHT DOWN. due to the way they work, bad things happen if they are not.

Nope, already confirmed earlier in this thread is something going on with B9 gear. If I make a plane with B9 gear and one using default squad gear, the squad gear works fine, the B9 will wobble/split and cause the plane to crash unless I strut them in every direction 2 or 3 times. I also have to strut the heck out of the plane to ensure that absolutely no flexing happens along the wings/fuselage.

Either that, or I use standard gear and it works fine.

I'm having this weird problem that the b9 mod crashes ksp while its loading. Can someone give me some advice on what could be going on and I'll try to "fix" it. x3

KSP is running out of memory. Use a texture reduction pack or texture compressor mod.

I've been having problems with the landing gears. Sometimes when I try a plane, during take off the wheels start wobbling and the plane crashes, but other times the same plane takes off perfectly.

I had same issue with landing gear, after long reading of this thread I was able to find a solution:

Go into directory with landing gear config files ( GameData\B9_Aerospace\Parts\Utility_Landing_Gear_ HDG ) and change Sideways Stiffness to 0.05

It worked like charm for me

I'm having this weird problem that the b9 mod crashes ksp while its loading. Can someone give me some advice on what could be going on and I'll try to "fix" it. x3

This is almost definitely a RAM issue. Texture compression packs ahoy!

I had same issue with landing gear, after long reading of this thread I was able to find a solution:

Go into directory with landing gear config files ( GameData\B9_Aerospace\Parts\Utility_Landing_Gear_ HDG ) and change Sideways Stiffness to 0.05

It worked like charm for me

If this works I will marry you.

Just to play Devil's Advocate B9 always ends up being the first mod I delete. It's absolutely bloated with parts that are sorted horribly and terribly exclusive. Don't get me wrong, bac9 is amazingly talented, his mod is terrifyingly well optimized, and everything is professionally done. I always end up deleting it when I get irritated that all the pieces are made to fit with their compliments. If you try to mix and match, everything just looks awful. So you might ask, why are you in this thread? Well, as far as high quality parts go, this is probably number one and I'm here because I keep going back and forth on whether or not to install it.

I always say, "I'll just pick a few parts out of it". But honestly, they look awful with anything BUT the other pieces in the pack so I always seem to change my mind.

Well, I get where you're coming from, but I don't entirely agree. The S2 (hexagonal) B9 parts work especially well with stock parts because the adapter is small and flushes well with both parts. I always find myself using them a lot in my designs. Especially that incredible overpowered reaction wheel. It's not cheating if someone else designed the part!

On the other hand, the HL parts - the biggest ones - are easily the coolest, but their adapter is a freaking huge un-modular-fuelable piece of crap. They do still flush acceptably with 3.25 meter parts, however, even without an adapter. And the HL cargo bay is easily the most badass part ever.

Running .23 with the updated .dll's I'm having a horrible time trying to get the SABRE engines to not overheat around 1400 m/s at 24,000 meters. This is even with some of the provided ssto's example craft. Does any one have any suggestions on how to avoid this silly over heating problem? Yes i'm using objects such pre-coolers (although they don't actively do anything) to help dissipate the heat. I'm just not able to go fast enough to escape the atmosphere before my engines overheat.

The mk2 cargo holds start out closed for me in the SPH, and I can't seem to open them from the SPH in order to place anything in them. Any suggestions?

Go into the action groups and click on it. You should get the option to open/close it.

Running .23 with the updated .dll's I'm having a horrible time trying to get the SABRE engines to not overheat around 1400 m/s at 24,000 meters. This is even with some of the provided ssto's example craft. Does any one have any suggestions on how to avoid this silly over heating problem? Yes i'm using objects such pre-coolers (although they don't actively do anything) to help dissipate the heat. I'm just not able to go fast enough to escape the atmosphere before my engines overheat.

Do you have Interstellar? It makes precoolers both functional and required and I don't believe it does so for B9 precoolers. If you have Interstellar, then that's the mod doing what it's meant to.

And, sidenote. Can someone compile a list of all the DLs and stuff you need to update to make this poor neglected pack work? Ther's about 50 pages of forums there to sift through to get this .23 compatible.

Do you have Interstellar? It makes precoolers both functional and required and I don't believe it does so for B9 precoolers. If you have Interstellar, then that's the mod doing what it's meant to.

And, sidenote. Can someone compile a list of all the DLs and stuff you need to update to make this poor neglected pack work? Ther's about 50 pages of forums there to sift through to get this .23 compatible.

I do have interstellar, however attaching any of those radiators from inline to the side one's has no effect seeing over heat happen at ~700 m/s.

Tried using the Interstellar Precoolers, and they don't seem to have any effect, overheating happens at the same time in the flight. I need to set up a new KSP without interstellar as a mod to see the effect.

Do you have Interstellar? It makes precoolers both functional and required and I don't believe it does so for B9 precoolers.

It does, there is a module manager override for B9 precoolers. But it requires precoolers to be directly attached to the intakes; and radial intakes do not work with this system.

Tried using the Interstellar Precoolers, and they don't seem to have any effect, overheating happens at the same time in the flight. I need to set up a new KSP without interstellar as a mod to see the effect.

Did you try using the B9 pre-coolers in an intake/precooler/whatever else/engine setup while using KSPI?

Scott Manley's

is a good example of how to set it up.

Is there a way to up the memory that KSP uses, I have ~600gb of memory on my computer available?

Nope! Game engine limitations due to being a 32 bit process that doesn't offload anything anywhere. (Assuming you mean RAM...in which case how the hell do you have 600gb of ram?!)