[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it (via the Spaceport link), replaced both .dlls. Also I've uninstalled any other mods, however when I go into Sandbox or Career parts such as all the cargo bays, adapters, etc. don't show up. Engines and Capsules/Cockpits do though. So as of now, I have no idea what to do because it seems everyone else's is working fine.

Finally, do you think if I reinstall KSP, that it may work? :D

I think you probably have another mod that's interfering in the first place. What else are you running?

I think you probably have another mod that's interfering in the first place. What else are you running?

Before uninstallation, I had Hyper Edit (Kerbaltek), FAR, Firespitter, Alternis Kerbol and Procedural Dynamics (Pwing). I would personally set my bet on Pwing as that contains a B9 Part. But I tried a reinstallation of B9 on it's own, however that didn't solve any of the problems.

I have two theories about Bac9 not updateing the pack.

Either he's really busy with his life right now, or...

Squad re-hired him to make some content, but they are not 100% sure if it will make it into 0.24, and that's why they didn't tell us.

I have two theories about Bac9 not updateing the pack.

Either he's really busy with his life right now, or...

Squad re-hired him to make some content, but they are not 100% sure if it will make it into 0.24, and that's why they didn't tell us.

My bet is that he had a "real-life attack;" I don't think Squad re-hired him.

i know Bac9 is busy... but i just reliased that there are no speical decouplers for the different types of body parts O.O i was just making myself a cup of coffee and it struck me.

(i'm highly into making SSTOs but i'd still like to attach or make something that has stages and is mostly Bac9 parts. if there is another mod out there that supplys such decouplers please tell. i can't find it.)

i know Bac9 is busy... but i just reliased that there are no speical decouplers for the different types of body parts O.O i was just making myself a cup of coffee and it struck me.

(i'm highly into making SSTOs but i'd still like to attach or make something that has stages and is mostly Bac9 parts. if there is another mod out there that supplys such decouplers please tell. i can't find it.)

I was thinking that too, as well as what it would take to make stubby versions of the tail sections. The stock ones are great, but sometimes far too long for what I want to do with them. I've been considering what it might take to create some custom adaptations of some of these parts. Shoot, I wonder how hard it would be to modify one of the S2 reaction wheel or coupler parts to be a DE-coupler. Maybe just hack the config, perhaps. Hmmm...

I was thinking that too, as well as what it would take to make stubby versions of the tail sections. The stock ones are great, but sometimes far too long for what I want to do with them. I've been considering what it might take to create some custom adaptations of some of these parts. Shoot, I wonder how hard it would be to modify one of the S2 reaction wheel or coupler parts to be a DE-coupler. Maybe just hack the config, perhaps. Hmmm...

It's not particularity hard. Just a simple cfg edit. You need to take a part you think will fill the role, and examine the stock decoupler cfg files and remove the stuff not associated with decouplers and add the necessary decoupler MODULE and set correct node to decouple from.

well i did copy and then rename the reaction wheel part into cheaty generators (for fun, i finished the career) so i don't think it will be THAT hard...

(WHAt AM I SAYING... even trying to get the generators working was a pain in the ass)

Is there a way to change how the control surfaces behave?

As an example, the stock Canard doesn't hit its maximum surface range as soon as you put in full input, it takes a second to achieve it, whereas the surfaces in the B9 pack here are pretty much 1:1 with the stick, or full input at the push of a button with no delay. I'd like the B9 parts to do as the stock ones, since anything that uses them becomes so sensitive they're impossible to fly, unless you use a small one on a large craft. But doing that means insufficient lift. I don't use a keyboard to fly, rather an Xbox controller, and even still they're way too touchy

Ugggh shoot me, I deleted the Squad folder when I deleted all my mods.

Re-install, or if you haven't emptied your recycling bin open it and right click squad folder and click restore, or if on steam Right click KSP go to properties then to verify game cache. That will have steam replace the lost squad folder.

All compatibility problems are solved if you follow the link above

No idea what are you talking about. There's no link and, as stated by a number of people, you have multiples fixes for the same problem, blurry/incomplete/unclear instructions (like ModularFuels when it was first released), have to hunt separate files...Which is pretty much time I'd rather spend playing KSP instead.

Ugggh shoot me, I deleted the Squad folder when I deleted all my mods.

That'll do it.

No idea what are you talking about. There's no link and, as stated by a number of people, you have multiples fixes for the same problem, blurry/incomplete/unclear instructions (like ModularFuels when it was first released), have to hunt separate files...Which is pretty much time I'd rather spend playing KSP instead.

Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

Okay question. Do the saber pre coolers actually do anything or are they kinda just for show? I use them on some craft and always wondered of they really work or if they are just for show?

With B9 by itself, they are pretty things you add to your craft. If you have a mod called Interstellar installed, then the pre-coolers will help cool a Sabre engine if the sabre engine is directly attached to the pre-cooler.

Is there a way to change how the control surfaces behave?

As an example, the stock Canard doesn't hit its maximum surface range as soon as you put in full input, it takes a second to achieve it, whereas the surfaces in the B9 pack here are pretty much 1:1 with the stick, or full input at the push of a button with no delay. I'd like the B9 parts to do as the stock ones, since anything that uses them becomes so sensitive they're impossible to fly, unless you use a small one on a large craft. But doing that means insufficient lift. I don't use a keyboard to fly, rather an Xbox controller, and even still they're way too touchy

Well that depends. Me personally, it sounds more like the craft is not balanced correctly, or it has too much maneuverability. Is there any chance you can post a screenshot of your craft with the center of mass and the center of lift markers on?

Edited by Raven.

Instructions are still unclear/blurry/incomplete and you still have multiple fixes for the same problem. The link only solves one third of the problem.

First: On what part are you stuck on, or are unsure about?

Second: One third of the problem? What's the other two-thirds? Could you elaborate?

Instructions are still unclear/blurry/incomplete and you still have multiple fixes for the same problem. The link only solves one third of the problem.

I don't see any duplicate fixes. Would you kindly list your problems not covered there so we might find the other fixes?

I added B9 with the ExsurgentEngineering update and the control surface fix cfg. When I try to load KSP it hangs. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/DBSzCcx6

Anyone know what's going on?

Umm, these are in there:

WRN 18:18:47.699] Could not create PartResource of type 'LiquidFuel
[WRN 18:18:47.700] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxidizer
[WRN 18:18:47.924] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAir
[WRN 18:18:47.959] Could not create PartResource of type 'LiquidFuel
[WRN 18:18:47.960] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxidizer
[WRN 18:18:48.015] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[WRN 18:18:48.145] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[WRN 18:18:48.152] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant

You're either missing the ResGen mod folder in GameData, or you're missing the Squad folder itself >_<

Umm, these are in there:

WRN 18:18:47.699] Could not create PartResource of type 'LiquidFuel
[WRN 18:18:47.700] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxidizer
[WRN 18:18:47.924] Could not create PartResource of type 'IntakeAir
[WRN 18:18:47.959] Could not create PartResource of type 'LiquidFuel
[WRN 18:18:47.960] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxidizer
[WRN 18:18:48.015] Could not create PartResource of type 'ElectricCharge
[WRN 18:18:48.145] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant
[WRN 18:18:48.152] Could not create PartResource of type 'MonoPropellant

You're either missing the ResGen mod folder in GameData, or you're missing the Squad folder itself >_<

He already figured that out.

Any who, is there a possibility to add double high S2 fuselages, i.e.: a double-decker passenger cabin? Like on a Boeing 747 or Airbus A380?

Well that depends. Me personally, it sounds more like the craft is not balanced correctly, or it has too much maneuverability. Is there any chance you can post a screenshot of your craft with the center of mass and the center of lift markers on?

The balance is fine, it's just the B9 control surfaces are instant with their inputs while stock control surfaces have a max torque and take a second to achieve their max input

With B9: Press button to bank left, ailerons immediately are at full input

With Stock: Press button to bank left, ailerons slowly move to their full inputs

I'm trying to get B9's to do what the stock parts do

Edited by Sabor

He already figured that out.

Any who, is there a possibility to add double high S2 fuselages, i.e.: a double-decker passenger cabin? Like on a Boeing 747 or Airbus A380?

Whoa... weird. An entire page of posts that didn't show up for me until I got the notice for your reply. :/

Ah well, glad he got it worked out.