[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Be careful with that.

We fixed a bug that was reported with the intake vectors pointing in the wrong direction, but there's another issue with heavy intakes, the drag made by the intake, which is a function of area and speed, is multiplied by the mass of the part by the drag model. Even in FAR, as it can't override PartModule drag.

In 2-6 thanks to ferram4 pointing out and some little-used parameters of the intake module I was able to give the S2W intake the same drag as the equivalent area of stock intakes, but if you fill up the part with fuel, it is likely (untested) that the total mass will be used rather than the dry mass, and with the appropriate amount of fuel that means the intake will have 4-5x as much drag as it should have moving forward. Believe me, I tested such values while figuring out the fix and it is a noticeable hit on your airspeed.

You misunderstand. What we want to do is have the cone and rings in the intake move forward and back a little with airspeed up to the engine's max speed - which is currently ~ mach 5.4, btw - but it will only 'close' visually when you toggle the intake closed.

On a side note, these will be the first intakes in game (that I know of) where the drag decreasing when the intake isn't drawing air is appropriate ...

Oh I see.. :) Then it is even more cool!! :) Yep that is a very serious progress in terms of engine capability and first of a kind air intake that has more smart control then just on/off :D Really good work guys! Keep it up ;)

Quadruple strutted (8 struts total) still get this failure everytime when warping.

0qytWmw.png

Same here, with the release 3 did this ship but after the R4/R5 wings do explode after a warp.

Is not a KSP problem because I did not update KSP, is a problem coming from the B9 update. I do anything is possible to fix aslo hyper structuring the wing but the problem still present.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

I guess no. You told me that the problem of wing exploding after warp was a ksp problem. But this problem start from r3. I'm saying that something goes wrong with wings after r3 (because i did not make any changes/update on ksp) and I'm not the only one that exploited this bug. I'm saying that. When someone discover something wrong on a ship I have released, I will try to reproduce the error and in case I will update the release thanking the guy that discovered the bug.

Thanks a lot for your pack, but is broken and had to be fixed.

Pinolallo from your message it is easy to start thinking that you use older KSP version like 0.18.x not current 0.19.1 :) To be more precise I want to say that it would be better if next time you would add more details to what happens for what reason and what versions of KSP, B9 you use :) Even better just paste .craft file to verify what happens :)

here's my take on landing using B9 IVA. The extra angle helps me see enough of the airstrip to land visually. of course you don't need to use Damned Robotics, you could simply have the cockpit fixed at an angle

mods used: B9, of course and Damned Robotics for the hinge the cockpit sits on

3IxQvA9.jpg

this is what it looks like zeroed in http://i.imgur.com/Ymk471E.jpg

I'm still having a problem after installing this mod that causes the game to crash when I try to fly anything.

The other mods I have are Kethane, a handful of Bobcat stuff, and mapsat (partially uninstalled)

Be careful with that.

We fixed a bug that was reported with the intake vectors pointing in the wrong direction, but ...

I'm not using an intake. Two adapters with fuel forms the body of a rocket driven spaceplane. The two adapters contain just enough fuel to have the plane take off from the runway and get into space (where it has to refuel to land).

I guess I'll try removing B9 for now, then uninstalling Kethane and Mapsat, since those are going to become obsolete soon anyway.

Just remove all the parts (from ALL the mods) which you don't use anyway. You'll see that KSP will behave better after that.

Hey Bac9 are you planning on adding your own landing gear? I had to get Tav's PaA just for the landing gear. Also thank god for the engines my fat bastard planes can't even lift their fatass with 2 SRBs and 4 jets.

By the way BAC9 will we see more types of fuel tanks after 0.20 comes out ? :) I had mentioned before that in the future there will be need for that :) as some engines use blutonium, and the other one from z.. which will replace xenon :) of course we can just attach stock tanks but they will spoil your parts :)

By the way BAC9 will we see more types of fuel tanks after 0.20 comes out ? :) I had mentioned before that in the future there will be need for that :) as some engines use blutonium, and the other one from z.. which will replace xenon :) of course we can just attach stock tanks but they will spoil your parts :)

Any and all mods will need significant updates to work with .20, but there's no point discussing it now, as we don't even know what will make it in.

Just remove all the parts (from ALL the mods) which you don't use anyway. You'll see that KSP will behave better after that.

Hmmm, I've removed Kethane, Mapsat, and a handful of other things I feel like parting with, but I'm still getting the same problem after I instal B9

Absolutely LOVING these parts. My only issue is that the parameters for connection seem to be a bit low in some cases; I've noticed a distinct slide between S2 fuselage sections. I can't attach the hypersonic cockpit to anything without a handful of struts to stop the wobble...

Same here, with the release 3 did this ship but after the R4/R5 wings do explode after a warp.

Is not a KSP problem because I did not update KSP, is a problem coming from the B9 update. I do anything is possible to fix aslo hyper structuring the wing but the problem still present.

Please post .crafts when you report bugs, guys & gals, or its impossible for us to check the issue and see if we actually resolve it.

hmmm, from what little I can figure out from the crash report, I think its just an issue of KSP running out of memory for some reason. I actually think I've been occasionally having that problem before adding B9, but now its happening every single time. Anyone have suggestions?

hmmm, from what little I can figure out from the crash report, I think its just an issue of KSP running out of memory for some reason. I actually think I've been occasionally having that problem before adding B9, but now its happening every single time. Anyone have suggestions?

You have too many mods installed. The new parts database is supposed to help with this, but as of right now, you will just have to remove unused parts.

You have too many mods installed. The new parts database is supposed to help with this, but as of right now, you will just have to remove unused parts.

Dang, I just uninstalled Kethane, I thought that would help, but apparently its not enough.

All I have other than that are a few Bobcat things and a Mk3 cockpit interior. And I already tried removing that last one, didn't help

I just checked, and I have 309 parts in the Part folder... is that too much?

Also, is there a way to increase the memory available to KSP?

Edited by jfull