[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I just checked, and I have 309 parts in the Part folder... is that too much?

That depends on your system. KSP uses 3Gb of RAM at max (i think) and if you don't have even that then you're better off playing stock. On my laptop KSP runs out of memory pretty fast and 300 would be pushing the limit. This is why I used to play with mods that had a low part count. Something like KW or NovaPunch was out of the question.

That depends on your system. KSP uses 3Gb of RAM at max (i think) and if you don't have even that then you're better off playing stock. On my laptop KSP runs out of memory pretty fast and 300 would be pushing the limit. This is why I used to play with mods that had a low part count. Something like KW or NovaPunch was out of the question.

Well, I have 4GB on my system, not sure how much isn't being used though

Dang, I just uninstalled Kethane, I thought that would help, but apparently its not enough.

All I have other than that are a few Bobcat things and a Mk3 cockpit interior. And I already tried removing that last one, didn't help

I just checked, and I have 309 parts in the Part folder... is that too much?

Apparently, for you it is. If there are stock parts which you never use, remove them as well. I'm guessing you don't have a lot of physical memory in your system, so you'll have to make do with the parts you really use. KSP has become more and more demanding on the memory side and it probably will keep doing so as versions progress. Removing everything you don't need is your best option for the time being. It was the same for me until i upgraded to 8 GB memory (of which KSP still can use only a maximum of 3 to 3.5 GB).

hmm, I kept task manager open while running it, and KSP.exe reaches about 1.7 GB of memory when I try to fly something

Update: oh, well what do you know, reducing the part count below 300 did make it work

Well, off to try out this mod

Edited by jfull

Pinolallo from your message it is easy to start thinking that you use older KSP version like 0.18.x not current 0.19.1 :) To be more precise I want to say that it would be better if next time you would add more details to what happens for what reason and what versions of KSP, B9 you use :) Even better just paste .craft file to verify what happens :)

You where right:

here the ship

I do sent that piece of iron in orbit 10 times and always got an explosion on 110km altitude after the dewarp before circularizing.

Example crafts easily take off from half the runway or less and they are not using any kind of cheaty wing spamming or other tricks. Check them for ideas.

Your example crafts seem just as uncontrollable, at least with FAR.The BLV4 Heinlien for example, gets off the runway, but all it does is want to roll over and explode, like I'm balancing the entire aerodynamics directly on the centerline, and if I tip it just a little, it loses balance and begins spinning wildly. The Strugatski can only perform a loop directly back into the runway, even with full pitch down it will flip and crash.

Edited by Frostiken

I have a ship that I am launching that just refuses to stay together after warping. The nose just seems to fall off.

I'm using the B9 Aerospace mod and Nova's struts from his mod.

Here is the .craft file http://www./?w6fu7bs24c20549

Before warp:

iYMymoM.png

After warp:

sOneIl5.png

Happens when I save as well. No one else appears to have this issue with B9 stuff and I am finding it incredibly frustrating because I really like the cargo bay. If anyone has any advice that'd be great.

Note: this also happens with the debug options on too.

Edit: I seem to have fixed this problem by switching the position of the HL4m Cargo Bay with the HL2m cargo bay and the nose dropping off has stopped, but the wings are still dodgy. I noticed on loading and warping that when the physics kicked in, the wings jumped up the craft a little. I made a 25 second video documenting the problem. Hope that helps.

Edited by SkipSpikowski
Update

You where right:

here the ship

I do sent that piece of iron in orbit 10 times and always got an explosion on 110km altitude after the dewarp before circularizing.

I will check your ship out tomorrow(after 12h) ;) Do you use any mods beside B9 in that ship? :)

Ok Pinolallo I tried to check your plane but it uses some mods which I don't so I didn't check it but I saw that it uses 364 parts in it. REALLY?! 364?! For what reason you have so.. many parts in it? in older KSP versions that would be limit of game itself :D now it is bigger I think but still.. I have descent computer but such plane would start to lag me out when we talk about physics frame rate and if you warp such plane and then dewarp just wait for trouble.. I had dewarp problems on stock game with no mods when I make something ~200 parts that would be most complex and biggest what I do. So I suggest you to try and make that plane with 2X less parts you know.. like change fuel tanks with bigger alternatives, instead of bunch of small wing parts use bigger ones and so on.. This game has problems when part count goes boom and that does not depend on mods. And as Taverius said it is likely because of how velocity is calculated on parts. Maybe just try to use step down dewarp? Like you go for 50X then less, less up to 0 not just 50X and full stop, and I bet that when you try even 2X physics acceleration your ship just wobble out of control into parts. :)

Edited by BASKABAS

Your example crafts seem just as uncontrollable, at least with FAR.The BLV4 Heinlien for example, gets off the runway, but all it does is want to roll over and explode, like I'm balancing the entire aerodynamics directly on the centerline, and if I tip it just a little, it loses balance and begins spinning wildly. The Strugatski can only perform a loop directly back into the runway, even with full pitch down it will flip and crash.

The CoL of the wings changes too much between stock and FAR for it to be possible to make a craft that works in both, unless you're happy with something that works badly in both.

The craft are for stock. If you use FAR (I do) we assume you're capable of moving the wings until the craft reaches the stability you prefer.

Edit: I seem to have fixed this problem by switching the position of the HL4m Cargo Bay with the HL2m cargo bay and the nose dropping off has stopped, but the wings are still dodgy. I noticed on loading and warping that when the physics kicked in, the wings jumped up the craft a little. I made a 25 second video documenting the problem. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the .craft.

I will take a look, but its an engine issue, and there's generally not a whole lot we can do. The heavier and larger the part the more it moves on warp-out. HL, S2W and the wings are very much heavier and larger than stock, and what you're seeing here is a KSP issue with how velocity is applied to parts when coming back to 1x speed.

We've minimized it as much as possible and the HW21 in particular will improve somewhat in 2-6, but we can't solve the problem.

You can also see this happen with the stock landing gear, the effect is just magnified on the larger parts in the mod.

May I point out one bug I've experienced.

I have built a space shuttle (discovery replica), and it all went fine until I got out of the atmosphere, time accelerated, and after the acceleration have of the wings broke of spontaneously...

Any Ideas?

i just want to say CARRY ON THE GOOD WORK!! these parts are amazing :) i can finally build a space shuttle with cargo bays :)i'm so happy! also thouh i need a bit of help with the big cargo bay... I can place a docking conector inside but then i canot put 2 dockign conectors docked together inside... is there a way to do it?

i just want to say CARRY ON THE GOOD WORK!! these parts are amazing :) i can finally build a space shuttle with cargo bays :)i'm so happy! also thouh i need a bit of help with the big cargo bay... I can place a docking conector inside but then i canot put 2 dockign conectors docked together inside... is there a way to do it?

Place a docking facing outwards on an engine or other part with available node,

then attach the opposite facing docking port to it, build your payload,

turn off snap-to-angles option and

attach the whole payload inside the cargo bay.

Rotate the camera, zoom-in for more precise alignment - the textures have a circular shape on them, and a cross in the middle - these will help you in aligning your cargo perfectly.

Do not forget to strut it in place, unless you want to experience the 100% fatality rate "HL Cargobay Payload Wobble of Death".

then attach the opposite facing docking port to it, build your payload,

turn off snap-to-angles option and

attach the whole payload inside the cargo bay.

Rotate the camera, zoom-in for more precise alignment - the textures have a circular shape on them, and a cross in the middle - these will help you in aligning your cargo perfectly.

Do not forget to strut it in place, unless you want to experience the 100% fatality rate "HL Cargobay Payload Wobble of Death".

humm thanks for the tips how ever iseem to have tried it and the dockign ports wont "Snap" together :( maybe im doing it wrong ishall keep trying :)

This is very important ;) Just for extra certainty - place it on an engine which sits on the central axis of the craft.

May I point out one bug I've experienced.

I have built a space shuttle (discovery replica), and it all went fine until I got out of the atmosphere, time accelerated, and after the acceleration have of the wings broke of spontaneously...

Any Ideas?

Could you please post a pic ? :)

I will check your ship out tomorrow(after 12h) ;) Do you use any mods beside B9 in that ship? :)

Ok Pinolallo I tried to check your plane but it uses some mods which I don't so I didn't check it but I saw that it uses 364 parts in it. REALLY?! 364?! For what reason you have so.. many parts in it? in older KSP versions that would be limit of game itself :D now it is bigger I think but still.. I have descent computer but such plane would start to lag me out when we talk about physics frame rate and if you warp such plane and then dewarp just wait for trouble.. I had dewarp problems on stock game with no mods when I make something ~200 parts that would be most complex and biggest what I do. So I suggest you to try and make that plane with 2X less parts you know.. like change fuel tanks with bigger alternatives, instead of bunch of small wing parts use bigger ones and so on.. This game has problems when part count goes boom and that does not depend on mods. And as Taverius said it is likely because of how velocity is calculated on parts. Maybe just try to use step down dewarp? Like you go for 50X then less, less up to 0 not just 50X and full stop, and I bet that when you try even 2X physics acceleration your ship just wobble out of control into parts. :)

I do bring that plane in orbit many times (successfully unless you start warping around), the same ship on R3 was a good one (also warping around): is not a part count problem.