[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Maybe specify the problems, if it's anything particular... Or is it the standard "game gets stuck when placing a part"?

Banana, normally, it freezes on VAB or SBH, start after some minutes, not showing the images of parts, just a alpha ghost of it. Then i only can save, or make a click to look.

But it occur in the playing time too.

:)

Well i got a few of the parts i wanted to load (actually all of them), but for the life of me i cant get the SAS stuff to work on the S2 shuttle cockpit...can someone post the whole .cfg of that on here please?

Also, I have the cargo bay part for the S2 to load, but the animation doesn't seem to load because nothing shows up when i right click, so its just stuck open....anyone have any luck getting these to work? because i just want to use this stuff to make a shuttle :( lol

This is such an awesome mod pack, I'm really impressed at how you've managed to compress so many nicely made parts into under 100mb where as some mods with way fewer parts take much more memory.

I've got the R3-2 pack installed in .21.1 and everything seems to work fine (apart from the hypersonic front section doesn't seem to have the option to go into hypersonic mode).

I was wondering if there has been a change to the air intakes? They don't seem to be as effective as they used to be or has something changed in the game? I had a heavy SSTO in 20.2 that had 14 of the RNM variable geometry intakes and 10 stock turbojet engines, it would climb to around 35-40km, accelerating to ~2000ms and get its AP to 100km on just the jet engines. now I can barely make 25km with it and can just about get up to 1200ms before a flame out. I've re-built it, tried using your D-30F7 turbo jets, tried adding loads more intakes, but just can't get the same performance. Has there been a change in the mod or is this a change in the game itself?

Well i got a few of the parts i wanted to load (actually all of them), but for the life of me i cant get the SAS stuff to work on the S2 shuttle cockpit...can someone post the whole .cfg of that on here please?

Also, I have the cargo bay part for the S2 to load, but the animation doesn't seem to load because nothing shows up when i right click, so its just stuck open....anyone have any luck getting these to work? because i just want to use this stuff to make a shuttle :( lol

Yeah does anyone have a config for S2 cockpit? I tried editing the config myself but I had no luck.

To get SAS to work correctly, I copy/pasted some lines from one of the stock command modules into it (put this somwhere in the PART {} block):

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 20
YawTorque = 20
RollTorque = 20

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.05
}
}

I've not fixed up any of the B9 reaction wheels, but the cockpit by itself should work. Do this with each B9 cockpit and you should be good to go until an official update is released.

Version R3.3 released.

Download:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-21-b9-aerospace-pack-r3-3/

http://www./download/xw66j664yss88y3/B9_Aerospace_Pack_R3-3.zip

Changelog:

• Compatibility patch for KSP 0.21.
  • Added appropriate modules introduced by the patch to the pods
  • ASAS/avionics module discontinued, all twin control parts are now using 0.21 SAS, differing only visually.
  • SAS parts changed to work with 0.21 reaction wheel system, appropriate tweaks made, including changed names.
  • Firespitter.dll updated to 5.3.1
  • Turbofan engines updated to use new thrust-based spin mechanics.
  • Example crafts updated to have electricity sources to account for 0.21 SAS and reaction wheels using it.
  • Example VTOL craft rebalanced to account for changes in control parts.
  • Added a secret part.

All thanks for the update go to Taverius.

Edited by bac9

The secret part is pretty cool :) Find out for yourself!

EDIT: @nabeav The mediafire DL link works, but not the Spaceport one. I think that the Spaceport is experiencing some issues. DL times are much too high, and the files are corrupted.

Edited by SkyHook

Found it too, cool animations! Could be used for simple missiles maybe? :D

Also, not to sound like an ass, a typo in the description, right now it's "beyound", not beyond.

Edited by zYnthethicz

@Bac9

Great job on the new release. I knew editing the parts myself was going to be a waste and you would come with an update sooner rather than later.

But I want to draw your attention to a little problem I found. The B9 air intakes seem to suffer greatly in 0.21. Two RBM/RNM intakes used to sustain 2 small Sabre's at full throttle up to 40 km. Now they struggle to get past 20.

All thanks should go to Taverius, he's the one who has tested everything, fixed the bugs, reconfigured SAS parts, updated crafts, etc. I just added an unreleased part, edited some texts and uploaded it.

All thanks should go to Taverius, he's the one who has tested everything, fixed the bugs, reconfigured SAS parts, updated crafts, etc. I just added an unreleased part, edited some texts and uploaded it.

Yay! My favorite pack! <3 Amazing work on the new space center! It gave ksp that fresh look it needed! Building rockets and planes in the new hangers is awesome with the background. I feel like Im in some futuristic military hanger now or Space X building =P Props to Taveruis for his work on the pack too! Time to go play!