[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I really do love this pack, its brilliant. The only thing I'd love is adapters from each type of part for massive extra customisation, and some landing gear/legs to fit the style.

Yes I would love something like that, and some landing legs with black re-entry shielding, two big white boxes look a bit silly sometimes :)

Yes I would love something like that, and some landing legs with black re-entry shielding, two big white boxes look a bit silly sometimes :)

this. HL to S2 adapters, wings and control surfaces with heat shielding and maybe even MK2/HL/S2 without any heatshielding at all. looks silly to have heat shielding on a spacecraft that will not reenter

Pretty massive cfg update incoming ... I went though all the parts and normalized internal volume, dry mass, connection strengths, crash resistance ... its taken nearly 2 days.

You'll probably have to modify your planes after the update but bar minor fixes we should be vanilla-balanced from here on out. Also the wide-body S2 fuselage doesn't bend like a banana any more, which is nice.

Making the wings not explode in FAR requires changing some things in the model, not sure if bac9 can be bothered but we shall see.

Personally I want to fly this in FAR, and I really only play with FAR:

KzvVoFHh.png

This pack is worth it just for the giant wing, although now I note Taverius has changed it all... still, gigantic spaceplanes ahoy! it made it to space finally.

8672894986_e07b02088e_c.jpg

Getting it from atmo->orbit was rather less hard than getting it to the transition point, required a fair bit of rocket assistance on the way up...

I suspect there's a couple of tons of struts on it too, will be interested in any changes to stiffness.

This pack is worth it just for the giant wing, although now I note Taverius has changed it all... still, gigantic spaceplanes ahoy! it made it to space finally.

I suspect there's a couple of tons of struts on it too, will be interested in any changes to stiffness.

Weren't that many changes on the HL ... capacity went up a bit iirc, so you'll be able to drop a tank or two for a structural piece. I haven't touched the lift on the wings though it went up on the large ailerons, as I had mistyped a value in my spreadsheet. You may be able to drop some struts.

Most changes were on the MK2, S2 and S2W, where internal volume was (generally) below what it should have been and connection strengths way below what was needed for that let alone the proper values.

... that plane remind me of myazaki's designs from nausicaa

marcin_jakubowski_ships_01.jpg

8672894986_e07b02088e_c.jpg

Getting it from atmo->orbit was rather less hard than getting it to the transition point, required a fair bit of rocket assistance on the way up...

How are people mounting engines in-line on the wings without interrupting them? it's not just this guy, but other pictures (including the inspiration album) seem to show a mount inside the wing design without stopping the wing surface, is there an obvious part I'm not seeing?

Part Clipping disabled, shift+WASD acrobatics and in this case spaceplane tails as mount points.

I'm still trying to find an adequate engine / tail section build for the s2 jets. Te intake is amazing - but there doesnt seem to be anything that fits it besides the 3m adapter.

Btw: This mod has refueled my KSP addiction just like a new KSP release:

1Ci4iQ6.jpg

Edited by jfx

I didn't actually actively enable part clipping - once I get something ( engine, intake ) attached to the tail piece which is actually the awkward part, it just mounts itself on the wing leading/trailing edges. It's possible that something in the process turns clipping off though. In times past I've used a cubic strut but I'd rather not have the active parts inside the wing ( I don't mind structural components ).

Now that I've re-created my account...

These parts are great. Bar none the best interior's available. All the parts are clean and fit together real well, in a lot of cases stock parts fit and blend with them pretty seamlessly

Lowering the ramp, if it's going to come into contact with the ground and it still has room that it needs to drop, will sometimes lift the craft into the air from the back, or usually just completely shatter into all of its pieces. I haven't played with them too much but this is the only problem I've run into so far

I await patiently for the cfg update, and the changes it will bring.

Its essentially done but our friendly russian artist is on a roll so we'll wait till this what he's working on tonight is done, probably.

Now that I've re-created my account...

These parts are great. Bar none the best interior's available. All the parts are clean and fit together real well, in a lot of cases stock parts fit and blend with them pretty seamlessly

Lowering the ramp, if it's going to come into contact with the ground and it still has room that it needs to drop, will sometimes lift the craft into the air from the back, or usually just completely shatter into all of its pieces. I haven't played with them too much but this is the only problem I've run into so far

There's no way to do a cargo ramp with variable height, so if you're going to use them (and the mk4 from TT) you have to adjust the landing gear so the ramp sits at the right height. Its a known problem with the way cargo ramps are done right now, but there's currently no solution

IN OTHER NEWS

We fixed two problems with the wings, the exploding-in-far thing and how bloody hard it is to stick the control surfaces to the end of them.

Unfortunately you will have to reattach/rebuild your wings as the part origin had to be moved.