[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Got to say I'm having the same trouble, if I have B9 installed the game just randomly crashes, sometimes when moving scenes (vab to launchpad, live to map view, reverting flight to launch or VAB/SPH), taking screenshots, and sometimes even when changing SOI's in orbit, with or without other mods doesn't seem to make any difference

Maybe it's related to one of the other mods, I mean there's ResGen, Firespitter, KineTech and Exsurgent Engineering as well as the B9 parts themselves.

Which is unfortunate because I like the B9 stuff and I'd like to have it available

Running Q9650/8GB/GTX680-2GB/Win7-64

Hrm. B9 isn't that large so if it's crashing with only that installed... wait, I should check.

Okay, so B9 weighs in a 77MB, and 69MB of that is in parts and most of that is going to be textures. My video card has 1GB of RAM and I can't add much more in the way of parts (for instance, I can't add the massive Soviet pack), so right now I'd say that B9 + stock parts is starting to max out your vRAM.

I'm actually going to be buying a dedicated Windows laptop this upcoming weekend just for KSP so I can get something with a fast core speed and as much video RAM as I can afford -- I don't think I can just wait for the new Mac Pros to come out because I don't know exactly when that'll happen, plus I have to scrape together the cash for it. My current Mac has 12 cores, but they only run at 2.66GHz. Curse you, single-threaded physics engines!

Does anyone know if there's a functional difference between the RNM Variable Geometry Intake and the much lighter DSI Divertless Supersonic Intake? They both list the same value for IntakeAir, so if that's equivalent I can't seem to figure out why the RNM is around since all it would do is add a lot of weight.

Does anyone know if there's a functional difference between the RNM Variable Geometry Intake and the much lighter DSI Divertless Supersonic Intake? They both list the same value for IntakeAir, so if that's equivalent I can't seem to figure out why the RNM is around since all it would do is add a lot of weight.

The diverterless is a half performance RNM Variable.

2 diverterless' = 1 Variable.

Source is B9's quote of correspondence with Taverius regarding balancing changes in the last update.

The diverterless is a half performance RNM Variable.

2 diverterless' = 1 Variable.

Source is B9's quote of correspondence with Taverius regarding balancing changes in the last update.

Got it. Feels very unbalanced because the diverterless are much less than half the weight of the variable.

I wish I could use this pack. Its an amazing pack, but every time I install it, the Mac version of KSP starts crashing.

I'm having the same issue. When 0.21 came out I originally just had B9, KW and MechJeb installed and it crashed all the time. I've since switched to Windows when playing KSP and have a boat load more mods installed and it runs flawlessly. I wonder if it's any issue with Unity not being fully optimized for OSX?

I have the same problem with this pack. You are not alone! What I have done is to search the "KSP.log" for the most suspicious errors within the B9 pack. Once I found the most obvious deal breakers, I go to "GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts" folder and just delete the folder containing the error involved parts. After removing the "Utility_Info_Drive", "Engine_Sabre_S", "Engine_Sabre_M", "Aero_Intake_Ramp", and a bunch of other structural parts, the B9 pack stops crashing my build. I believe the crash is related to one or a few of these parts but I have not had the time to find the specific one. If you get rid of these parts the B9 Pack is still awesome. I wish I could run the entire thing without problems but for now I will compromise for running just 3/4 of it. My regards to the developer for his hard work on this awesome pack. If he ever needs a tester for quality control, I'm available.

I'm having the same issue. When 0.21 came out I originally just had B9, KW and MechJeb installed and it crashed all the time. I've since switched to Windows when playing KSP and have a boat load more mods installed and it runs flawlessly. I wonder if it's any issue with Unity not being fully optimized for OSX?

Yes, that would be the issue... It's been repeated all over the place...

By far my favorite pack. This is the perfect style and detail ive been searching for. BUT because you did such a damn good job. I hope to heck you make wicked space station parts(solar panels and all), if you could include parts similar to Kosmos, dragon and some of nova punch it would make your mod pack something I would expect from squad(BTW no offense to squad, these are better than squad in my opinion). Why cant I run them all and have all that? Well ever since I installed this mod in combination with the mentioned plus mechjeb2 I get texture problems and B9 parts go clear leaving just a silhouette of the parts followed by KSP crashing. Happens Once every 8 times or so booting up KSP while developing things in VAB station. So if I could have ONE mod to cover planes, rockets, space-stations, and landers of this style, build detail holy cow. It would be the best thing to hit KSP and make me jump like a little kid in a candy store(and im a grown man haha). So yes B9 pack covering it all and making it all run smooth would be ARSESOME! No mod-devs yet had made our lives easier. I like many but many clash together. Whats not to love more than one mod to cover the general of everything leaving room to downloads others. Im tired of testing to see what mods work together and what dont. Who updated and who hasnt. I just want simplicity and to play. This would set it straight for me. Have this as my main mod and what others dont work I dont have a problem living without them would be nice. Im at a toss up all the time with mods, a love/ hate relationship.

Is there a way to download R3.0c? I would like to have the "overpowered" Intakes back, since i cant build a fancy SSTO without and i cant find a download for this older version...

Is there a way to download R3.0c? I would like to have the "overpowered" Intakes back, since i cant build a fancy SSTO without and i cant find a download for this older version...

Might you be able to simply edit the .cfg files for those parts?

It probably won't be completely compatible with the newest KSP version... SAS stuff definitely won't work...

I dont know what i should write there. Afaik it is more complicated than just adding a zero to a number...

@BananaDealer: I only want to use the files from the special parts, not the whole outdated pack.

Edited by Elthy

mike88cab, Bac9 works for SQUAD now if you didn't know. He's the one that updated the space center buildings.

I don't think hes with squad anymore. Their seems to be some hostility from reading his blog and reading what a person quoted a squad dev about Bac9. I happen to notice in the latest squad article Bac9 isn't on the list but is on the previous list. Their was clearly numerous design flaws with the original KSP. What a shame. Bac9 deserves a lot of credit for his designs as he is more logical with lighting, and developing with performance in mind. Good thing squad deleted their comment otherwise they may have lost a lot of support for the things they said.

Edited by mike88cab

I don't think his with squad anymore. Their seems to be some hostility from reading his blog and reading what a person quoted a squad dev about Bac9. I happen to notice in the latest squad article Bac9 isn't on the list but is on the previous list. Their was clearly numerous design flaws with the original KSP. What a shame. Bac9 deserves a lot of credit for his designs as he is more logical with lighting, and developing with performance in mind. Good thing squad deleted their comment otherwise they may have lost a lot of support for the things they said.

This is news to me. Bac9 doesn't work for Squad anymore? Are you able to shed some more detail on this for my interest?

This is news to me. Bac9 doesn't work for Squad anymore? Are you able to shed some more detail on this for my interest?

Can anyone, for the purpose of archiving, possibly post some links to the information regarding Bac9? I wouldn't mind personally looking into this to see who's who on this argument, and making sure this isn't just a rumor.

Regardless, it's been clearly noted on the Forums by Dev C7 and Ted that .21.1 has some issues they are working out regarding loading of scenes and memory restrictions, so hopefully when they work this out, Bac9 and Squad can bring better parts to the game. As it stands now, however, it's probably best to run KSP with a few parts as possible.

These are not rumors, nor facts its strictly my opinions in what I have noticed. Below I'll show you what has lead me to believe bac9 may not possibly be with SQUAD. I hope he replies to let us all know. I attempted to contact him.

His blog on his awesome work.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/747-The-Making-Of-New-KSC

A comment below his blog.

[Pyotor Gagarin - 30th July 2013 18:36

Report Comment

|

Reply Reply

Bac9 is defending the heart of your game here. You should stand behind him.

Here's the original quote I was referring to. It's since been removed from the devblog: (thanks)

(EDIT: This is wholly the opinion of our dev blogger and in no way to be misconstrued as an official statement from Squad. We applaud failure in equal measurement as success in KSP.)]

Here is the links to the articles. Take a look at the "Developement Updates-KSP Dev Team Updates". =August-06-2013; No mention of bac9. July-30-2013; "Artyom (Bac9): Enjoyed playing the release for a few minutes, fixed a few things in the old models and started work on the content for the next release. Such is life. "

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/205-KSP-Weekly-August-06-2013

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/204-KSP-Weekly-July-30-2013

I am too analytical and very observant to not put these facts together. Hope I am wrong. If squad had that many things wrong in their development who knows what the future of KSP will bring. Either get someone like bac9 to fix all these errors to make everything run smooth or have a game with constant upgrades, performance issues requiring more system resources than their needs to be, constant battles with mods working with KSP. KSP is great but I think they released it too early. Will be nice when all these kinks get worked out. But they should have had the foundation set first then build on that. Instead they keep changing how to game functions and operates and where all along for the ride. Something of novice development. Life goes on. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

Edited by mike88cab

I have one question about the space-saving part .cfg:

Is this something KSP can load by default, or is it something that one of the custom plugins does?

MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Wing_ControlSurface_SH/SH_1m
}

I'm trying to save some space by using the same method, but I don't want to do it this way if it means including extra .dll's.

I have one question about the space-saving part .cfg:

Is this something KSP can load by default, or is it something that one of the custom plugins does?

MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Wing_ControlSurface_SH/SH_1m
}

I'm trying to save some space by using the same method, but I don't want to do it this way if it means including extra .dll's.

It's part of stock, see this thread.