[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I would download this mod if it wasn't so confusing. It gives me a headache just trying to figure out all the parts.

It is so worth the time, and if you cant figure something out just ask here. someone will give you an answer( WARNING: Their answer may be followed by sarcasm )

You can also cull parts you don't want straight out of the B9 directory

Don't want that HL format body parts? just delete the HL folders out of the B9 directory, etc etc.

If you want them back later after getting comfortable, just reinstall

Oh man... 176 parts... I'm considering adding some mod parts from this pack, mostly cargo-bays, some cockpits, and engines that uses liquid-fuel and air in one mode while using rocket fuels in another mode. I'm kind of afraid that once I add this mod the game may lag and crash... I wonder can my system hold it?

System info word document is no.3 of the link list in the signature. Note that I'm using Google Drive for that.

Edited by Designer225

I can't speak to how much space it takes up in memory, but B9 is absolutely miniscule on disk. I use Disk Space Fan to get a visualization of what is taking up space, and B9 is an almost imperceptible slice compared to the three biggest: SQUAD, KW, and NovaPunch. Again, who knows if that has anything to do with how much memory it takes, but there you go.

I can't speak to how much space it takes up in memory, but B9 is absolutely miniscule on disk. I use Disk Space Fan to get a visualization of what is taking up space, and B9 is an almost imperceptible slice compared to the three biggest: SQUAD, KW, and NovaPunch. Again, who knows if that has anything to do with how much memory it takes, but there you go.

I'll install B9 to see. I need to clean BobCatind up, though, since I really don't need them.

So B9 uses less memory?

I'll install B9 to see. I need to clean BobCatind up, though, since I really don't need them.

So B9 uses less memory?

I can't actually get it to run, but the couple of times it did work it chewed what remained of my 4 gig limit pretty quickly.

I'm running B9 in conjunction with KW, KAS, Infernal Robotics, Kethane, KSPX, Procedural Wings, IonCross Life Support, and Procedural Fairings without difficulty.

The main constraint you'll hit is not system RAM, but video RAM. It's the textures that do it. When I was running KSP on a system with 1GB of vRAM, I had to turn the texture resolution down to half. Now that I've got a machine with 2GB of vRAM, I'm running all those at full resolution.

For some reason most of the body parts don't show up in the VAB. They're all there in the parts folder, but when I open the game, they're gone.

Interestingly, at first they all had the prefix "Cockpit_..." but when I changed them all to "Structural_..." they still didn't work.

Please help. :)

For some reason most of the body parts don't show up in the VAB. They're all there in the parts folder, but when I open the game, they're gone.

Interestingly, at first they all had the prefix "Cockpit_..." but when I changed them all to "Structural_..." they still didn't work.

Please help. :)

Did you extract the mod files to the gamedata folder?

Has anyone had problems with MK2 fuel tanks colliding with the fuel tank in front of it? I've been trying to make an SSTO spaceplane and the whole thing just blows apart once I get about a thousand meters off the ground. TWR is about 2.0 max, but they're the b9 turbojets at low altitude so they're still at the low range of thrust.

Has anyone had problems with MK2 fuel tanks colliding with the fuel tank in front of it? I've been trying to make an SSTO spaceplane and the whole thing just blows apart once I get about a thousand meters off the ground. TWR is about 2.0 max, but they're the b9 turbojets at low altitude so they're still at the low range of thrust.

Got a screenshot of your plane? I've found the larger B9 parts require some interesting struts strategies.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else find it nearly impossible to place the Turbojets in symmetry? I usually do the whole drag-in-every-possible-way dance a few times before just placing each one singly.

For that matter, is THAT normal? That a large number of parts (not just B9) require several attempts to get them to "go green"? It's especially bad when trying to use symmetry. As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the way, and if I try enough times it will eventually work.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else find it nearly impossible to place the Turbojets in symmetry? I usually do the whole drag-in-every-possible-way dance a few times before just placing each one singly.

For that matter, is THAT normal? That a large number of parts (not just B9) require several attempts to get them to "go green"? It's especially bad when trying to use symmetry. As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the way, and if I try enough times it will eventually work.

I've run into this as well -- my best guess is that the collision mesh is overly-large for the turbo jets and some of the other parts.

It wasn't a very large plane, just a simple design I was tinkering with to accustom to B9 parts as I just installed the mod. I'm not sure whether it's B9 anymore, since I decided to make an all stock plane and the same thing happened. Things are just colliding with each other out of nowhere but with spaceplanes (SPH) only, my rockets (VAB) fly just fine with B9 parts.

I put this video together today, It's my second version of my Orbiter that actually glides back to KSC. Much bigger and able to carry much more. The Orbiter itself is mostly B9, with some TTModular Multiwheels, and the Fueltanks and Engines used to get it to Orbit are from the AIES pack. Figured I'd share it

I put this video together today, It's my second version of my Orbiter that actually glides back to KSC. Much bigger and able to carry much more. The Orbiter itself is mostly B9, with some TTModular Multiwheels, and the Fueltanks and Engines used to get it to Orbit are from the AIES pack. Figured I'd share it

Would you be interested in testing the shuttle i built?

You guys need to fix the download, can't open with WinRaR. Here's the error:

"C:\Users\SECRET\Downloads\uploads-2013-07-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R3-3.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"