[1.0]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | still works

Kreuzung

PartLoader.getPartInfoByName("kerbalEVA").partPrefab.AddModule(EVA);

Nice line, probably whould've used a bad hack here myself...

Is the OnStart-calling part really necessary? It should be called when the vessel is set up, I only had to add it manually because when adding a part module during flight, it isn't called (or better, wasn't called in .19).

If you'd put that under the CC BY license, I could integrate it in the plugin (of course I'd add a config thing that allows turning it off). I'm not sure if I should keep the parachute boxes then, the only argument for that is "always having a parachute makes it too easy", but then again an ejection module already doesn't have any impact on most vessels' performance and it whould still be required to get everyone out.

What I'd personally like most whould be still having parachute boxes but being able to purchase parachutes for individual Kerbals, but that'd require campaign mode, I guess...

Edit: Linked your plugin in the first post.

Sorry, but WHERE should i put it?

Question: Is it Shift+F once to pre-deploy chutes and shift+f again to fully deploy them, or do they auto-deploy below a certain altitude?

Actually adding on to that, I seem to be suffering a problem where shift F does not deploy the chute at all. Manually right clicking and deploying seems to work just fine, just no hot key. I am utilizing the EVA chute plugin (the one that does not require the chute box)

If this ever gets updated, I kind of wish there were some downside to the 'always on' parachutes. Perhaps make the Kerbal weigh more so he can't run. Would make me feel better about the magically materialising parachutes :)

If this ever gets updated, I kind of wish there were some downside to the 'always on' parachutes. Perhaps make the Kerbal weigh more so he can't run. Would make me feel better about the magically materialising parachutes :)

I agree. I am thinking of redoing it as a variant of ejector seats, but possibly moving it to an earlier tech. Perhaps have the config add it to all @MODULE[ModuleCommand] once a certain tech is reached, but a very early one like survivability.

Man they have 500m/s RCS backpacks. Compared to that parachutes are literally nothing to be cocerned about.

Another Question has popped up: Is there a hard ceiling above which a parachute will not deploy? (i.e if I bail out at 10km going somewhere on the order of 5km/s will I be able to deploy my chutes?)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where the parachutes will not fully deploy. I eject and hit Shift+f to semi-deploy the chutes, then press Shift+F again to attempt to fully deploy the chutes, but nothing else happens.

You must be below 100m to fully deploy with Space+F... Yeah, this is kinda idiotic and I didn't notice until now.

But considering that you want to open low because parachuting takes

, it's not that big of an issue.

You must be below 100m to fully deploy with Space+F... Yeah, this is kinda idiotic and I didn't notice until now.

But considering that you want to open low because parachuting takes

, it's not that big of an issue.

Thanks for that. I just noticed that sometimes it would fully deploy at a higher altitude, and sometimes it wouldn't fully deploy at all.