[1.0]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | still works

Kreuzung

I'm getting the same problem. What do you mean by EVALoading may not be necessary any more? Do Kerbals still get auto equipped with chutes?

Edit: Just tested it. Works without it. Now, if we can get rid of the need to fully deploy below 100m

I clarified my comment -- the ejector automatically gives chutes to Kerbals, but not to Kerbals who leave on normal EVA. EVALoading gives chutes to Kerbals who leave for any reason, but as a result, it doubles up the controls on Kerbals who get ejected (and only the second set does anything).

By "same problem", do you mean that Kerbals landing with half-deployed chutes are destroying the solar system, or that the parachute buttons in the right-click menu are doubled on ejected Kerbals when you're using EVALoading?

Excuse me, but I cannot get the parachutes to work. I only have one VanguardTechnologies.dll :P. The only problem I can possibly see is that I don't have a .dll document related to Fel's Eva Parachutes, or I don't have a picture for the chute. Anybody know any fixes?

P.S I have Lazor, AKsWeapons, & RasterPropMonitor.

I also have the mu document.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, looking to use this to reduce my Kerbal suicide rate when some of my test planes fails miserably...

Does it conflict in any way with realchutes? Can I use the EVAchute with the plugin but without the chute box?

Thanks and cheers

Since I have to download 2 files for this mod, both files have the same name... So which one do I rename in order to install it? Or do I just copy the VNG file contents into the existing VNG folder?

Wow, didn't you read the post directly above yours?

I did a search to see if this was already known and came up empty, so if it is known the search screwed up :P When using the eject with the stock Mk1 cockpit the Kerbal seems to catch causing a weak bailout result or at times getting stuck rather than a full ejection as with every other cockpit. The stock Mk2 cockpit does not have this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo, I find that the ejection option is really useful but the ejection part is really cumbersome and out-of-place. Already scaled down the part to half its size but its still ugly, specially with some other small parts I have to attach on the capsule.

Sooooo, does anyone knows if its possible to add this eject module to regular capsules/cockpits? Maybe a simple cfg file would do the trick, anyone?

Sooooo, I find that the ejection option is really useful but the ejection part is really cumbersome and out-of-place. Already scaled down the part to half its size but its still ugly, specially with some other small parts I have to attach on the capsule.

Sooooo, does anyone knows if its possible to add this eject module to regular capsules/cockpits? Maybe a simple cfg file would do the trick, anyone?

Give this a shot, Haven't tested it, I just EVA out use eva chute but should work

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleKrEjectPilot]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrEjectPilot
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrKerbalParachute
//how much drag it has when fully deployed
deployedDrag = 100
//minimum air pressure for deployment
minAirPressureToOpen = 0.01
//x and y scale for when in semi mode... so the actual parachute area in semi mode is semiDeployedFraction^2
semiDeployedFraction = 0.0025
//thought it whould be nice if the chute was higher in semi mode
semiDeployedHeight = 1.25
//time in seconds it takes to deploy, or to go from semi to full mode
deployTime = 0.33
}
}
}

I've downloaded everything that I need and made sure that I have everything, but I'm still not having a parachute appear when I'm clicking to deploy. Is it because I have the files in the wrong area? I want to know because I think this is a great idea for a mod.

I am having an issue where I am unable to change scenes after ejecting and deploying chutes on my kerbals. Anyone having this issue or aware of this? I have a decent amount of mods, so support I suspect will be difficult.

Thanks

My craft had two parachute modules and 2 ejection modules. I reduced these to 1 each and it seemed to resolved itself.

• 3 weeks later...

help... whenever I try to use the parachute it does not open. I have the buttons in the context menu but when I click them nothing happens. when I go to a parachute box and try to get a parachute the number in the box remains at 5. I was curious why this was leading to so many deaths of Kerbal Pilots and parachute troops I decided to look in the VNG folder and there was no .cfg file for the parachute itself, it had a .mu and two .mbm files though. please help!