[1.0]Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | still works

Kreuzung

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try. I ran another test yesterday, and Jeb's chute worked... ish. From what I could tell he bounced off the water to about 500m, then slowly fell down. BUT I couldn't move the camera (Was always facing down), couldn't interact with Jeb, and the chute was acting as though he was going up (He wasn't). When he finally reached the water everything was fine.

I am also using FAR and these guys were probably just under supersonic when their chutes popped out.

Had this same think happen few min ago. Did you ever find what was causing that?

And that is the only one of two times I have managed to get the parachute to work somewhat.

Installed both plug in and mod according to instructions. when in game, parts are there and working, parachute box gives parachutes, and ejection part ejects kerbals, but during the actual fall, there is no parachute, even though status shows "fully deployed". Have tried different altitudes, different speeds, reinstalling mod several times.

Then, one time out of about 10-15, it suddenly worked. That is double confusing, as I was beginning to think the parachute model was missing, but if it worked fine once, then I don't understand why it does not work 95% of the cases.

Having a lot of fun with this -- but I do hope you re-work a 2.0 version for career Kerbals. At the very least the ability to keep parachutes on once they're collected. I find that the only time I really *need* a 'chute is when something happens at re-entry and I lose the main capsule parachutes (due to deadly reentry).

At that point -- an EVA to go grab a 'chute from outside is pretty darn difficult.

Or maybe it should be considered "Fun" --in the Dwarf Fortress context. ;)

Tested this more, and results are highly strange: in Sandbox mode parachutes work perfect, even when ejecting several kerbals, but somehow not in Career mode.

Tried same rocket in both career mode and in sandbox. Both cases ejection triggers fine, but parachutes deploy only in sandbox mode, in career mode kerbal crashed into ground hard even though text says "fully deployed"

Anyways, thanks a lot for the mod, will be using it a plenty in the future saves :)

Just running out of ideas why this refuses to work with the current career.

Every time I put a ejection module on my crew hatch it does nothing and makes the crew hatch "obstructed". And also, my Kerbals aren't automatically getting parachutes when they hop out my craft. Using it for a WW2 bomber going down and the pilots need to abandon the plane. I'm using the Firespitter mod. Is the mod compatible with other mods?

Edited by The Spacemonkey
Added more questions.

>Mysterious_MrQ

It's always been that way... I wanted to change that with EVA parachutes 2, but I don't think that it will come anytime soon...

>Nick27222

Does GameData/VNG/parachute/model.mu exist? (Case-sensitive).

So my question: I grabbed this about a month ago and tried out the ejection option.

Eject worked just fine, but the ejected kerbals were sorely lacking in the prerequisite gear for surviving post-ejection surface recovery...

Was the build/download missing something? Or was there a step I needed to take for safe ejection and automatic chute deployment?

I downloaded both the parachutes and the plugin, and have placed the files in every conceivable place, and there is still no automatic equip.

The "every conceivable place" includes simply placing both in the KSP folder and letting the GameData folders merge. I have many other mods installed, I know how to install one.

Edited by Sapphire Snow Leopard

Well, if you have other mods there is another thing that could be the cause...

Try searching your GameData folder for "VanguardTechnologies.dll". If you find more than one, delete all except the one you downloaded from me (the one in the VNG folder).

I don't see a reason for mod incompatibility unless you have multiple VanguardTechnologies.dll's, like I said above. If you remove any outdated ones then all mods should work fine. (Protip: If you have Hooligan Lab's launchpads/runways, you'll most likely find one in his folders :P)

This is very strange because even though i made sure i downloaded the updated file and and made sure I have the correct plugin and mu. file for the parachute, it still wont open. everthing else works just fine except the actual opening of the eva parchute when I eject. Any suggestions?/