[0.211] isplore rover

OK if anyone downloaded the craft file, I just updated it again. (I accidentally had some RCS tanks blocking struts and causing badness.)

Also for some reason the navball is starting sideways, clicking any of the probe bodies and saying 'control from here' fixes it. I'm trying to track down the issue. There will be another update when I catch that glitch. Currently I'm confused, there is nothing positioned sideways to cause it.

Ok the kinks are worked out. Also since it can redock for RCS I took the tanks on rover down to 2. 25% less weight.

Also you'll notice on the 5 there's no ion downforce engine. This is because the new wheels grip well enough without it, and really it was nothing compared to RCS for when bursts of traction were needed to stop/start/turn.

So I just realized that sitting a kerbal in the seat adds .1 to the weight. this will make it front-heavy (it is perfectly balanced otherwise).

Next time you see an update the chair will be towards the center to minimize this effect. For now just move it yourself, I'm working on an Eve lander. :P

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.