Tag-Frenzy on the Spaceport

Zhuikin

First of all, i am sorry about this being somewhat of a rant, i do appreciate the effort people put into the parts, mods and packs they do release on the Spaceport. After this disclaimer to the point...

Many (most of them in fact) mods on the spaceport are not properly tagged. People seem to just select all the subcategories no matter what they release. This makes searching the SpacePort a fair bit of a pain and not fun at all. Whatever the cause of this, be it people trying to get more attention for they stuff or maybe the upload interface being somewhat unwieldy, i think an effort should be made to introduce and maintain a clear policy on this.

Just for a demonstration, say i want to get me a fancy new engine. So i go to the spaceport and click on "Propulsion". As of this moment from the 9 entries on the first page, only one (Draktec Vtol) is clearly an engine (maybe 2: WT-51 seems to be a complete custom craft and might contain engine parts). The other 7 have nothing to do with propulsion at all.

So i would like to appeal to the modders out there to please tag they stuff appropriately. Also maybe admin action is called for, in setting and perhaps enforcing some rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.