[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

I have a similar problem. It just doesn't seem to matter what I set the volume sliders to on chatterer, I've even set them at 0%, but it doesn't seem to matter. The volume is just so in consistent, one minute it is at a nice volume the other minute it is screaming in my ears. Only the beeps are consistent. I freakin love the mod, which is the only reason I put up with it. I came to the thread hoping there was a patch to fix it.

I even have the application volume lowered to 10% in the window sound applet. KSP sound in general are inconsistent, but the mod is severely so.

I also run borderless window. The only way that "seems" consistent is by changing the sliders each time I enter a ship.

Ok,

I just tried Chatterer on a vanilla KSP, I can't reproduce this volume issue.

Can you give this a try :

- delete the "...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer\plugin.cfg" file,

(the mod will create a fresh new one upon next load)

- try to load/switch to different vessels and see if issue is gone,

- make sure to not enable "per-vessel settings" option.

Sounds volume should be (and be kept) as follow :

- Chatter : 80%

- Beeps : 30%

EDIT : (by default)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Athlonic

Um...why keep the sound volume at these levels, Athlonic?

To my understanding the plugin's volume for voices does not comply with KSP's "Voices" sound level bar. So I have manually turned down Chatter volumes to 20%(same as my voices(and all other sounds of KSP for that matter)).

The issue that we(or atleast me) have is that Chatterer does not seem to care whether I set its own Chatter and beep volume to 20%. The first time I switch to a vehicle - the volume is probably 100% even if the bar shows 20%. The moment I touch the bar, even during transmission, the volume immediately goes down to the selected level and stays this way until i switch craft again.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is this going to need an update now that 23.5 is out?

I'm getting no breathing or airlock sounds, except for one ship which decided to start breathing even when there were no kerbals in it.

I also see this happening. I just tested a simple one man capsule with Jeb in it and going on EVA, using build 0.5.9.2 on an up to date KSP from Steam. The radio chatter seemed to work fine, but there were no airlock or breathing sounds, here is the relevant part of KSP.log:

[LOG 19:29:32.117] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'chatterer' from assembly 'Chatterer'

[LOG 19:29:32.127] [CHATR] blizzy78's Toolbar plugin found !, disabling default Chatterer icon

[LOG 19:29:32.134] [CHATR] Awake() starting...

[LOG 19:29:32.135] [CHATR] E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins/PluginData/Chatterer/ exists

[WRN 19:29:32.138] Directory 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins/PluginData/Chatterer/../../../Sounds/AAE/soundscape/' could not be found

[LOG 19:29:32.139] [CHATR] Chatterer/Sounds/AAE/effect/breathing loaded OK

[LOG 19:29:32.140] [CHATR] Chatterer/Sounds/AAE/effect/airlock loaded OK

[LOG 19:29:32.140] [CHATR] Chatterer/Sounds/AAE/wind/mario1298__weak-wind loaded OK

[WRN 19:29:32.141] [CHATR] Chatterer/Sounds/AAE/loop/suspense1 not found

[LOG 19:29:32.143] [CHATR] load_plugin_settings() START

[LOG 19:29:32.158] [CHATR] load_shared_settings() START

[LOG 19:29:32.176] [CHATR] "Default" AudioClip set :: current_clip = ch0cchi__alien-ship-idle

[LOG 19:29:32.176] [CHATR] "Default" AudioClip set :: current_clip = drni__gas-stove-space-ship

[LOG 19:29:32.177] [CHATR] audiosets found: 3 :: reloading chatter audio

[LOG 19:29:32.179] [CHATR] loading chatter audio...

[WRN 19:29:32.189] [CHATR] directory [russian/capcom] NOT found, skipping...

[LOG 19:29:32.193] [CHATR] toggled sets loaded OK

[LOG 19:29:32.195] [CHATR] loading beepsource

[LOG 19:29:32.197] [CHATR] "First" AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.197] [CHATR] beep AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.198] [CHATR] loading beepsource

[LOG 19:29:32.199] [CHATR] "First" AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.200] [CHATR] beep AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.200] [CHATR] loading beepsource

[LOG 19:29:32.202] [CHATR] "First" AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.202] [CHATR] beep AudioClip set :: current_clip = 3beeps

[LOG 19:29:32.203] [CHATR] load_shared_settings() END

[LOG 19:29:32.203] [CHATR] load_plugin_settings() END

[LOG 19:29:32.204] [CHATR] loading Quindar clip

[LOG 19:29:32.204] CHATR] Quindar clip loaded

[WRN 19:29:32.205] Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (rbr_chatter_player).

[WRN 19:29:32.206] Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (rbr_chatter_player).

[LOG 19:29:32.207] [CHATR] new delay between exchanges: 85

[LOG 19:29:32.210] [CHATR] new sstv timer limit set: 0

[LOG 19:29:32.218] [CHATR] skin list built, count = 12

[LOG 19:29:32.219] [CHATR] Awake() has finished...

[LOG 19:29:32.247] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

[LOG 19:29:32.253] Loading ship from file: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Sandbox\Ships\VAB\Auto-Saved Ship.craft

[LOG 19:29:32.343] Untitled Space Craft loaded!

[LOG 19:29:35.085] putting ship to ground: 6.756916

[LOG 19:29:35.089] [untitled Space Craft]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...

[LOG 19:29:35.120] Crewmember Jebediah Kerman assigned to Command Pod Mk1, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)

[LOG 19:29:35.121] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ----------------------

[LOG 19:29:35.122] setting new dominant body: Kerbin

FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin

[LOG 19:29:35.124] Reference Frame: Rotating

[LOG 19:29:35.136] stage manager resuming...

[LOG 19:29:35.137] Vessel assembly complete!

[LOG 19:29:35.137] stage manager starting...

[LOG 19:29:35.138] all systems started

[LOG 19:29:35.265] [CHATR] aae_wind.Play()

[LOG 19:29:38.833] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft

[LOG 19:29:39.112] Flight State Captured

[LOG 19:29:39.113] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 19:29:39.113] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 19:29:39.114] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 19:29:39.121] Game State Saved as persistent

[LOG 19:29:39.140] [CHATR] GUI styles set

[LOG 19:29:40.165] [untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.141m

[LOG 19:29:40.166] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft

[LOG 19:30:38.354] [00:00:00]: Jebediah Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.

[LOG 19:30:38.422] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ----------------------

[LOG 19:30:38.423] stage manager resuming...

[LOG 19:30:38.436] [CHATR] ActiveVessel has changed::prev = Untitled Space Craft, curr = Jebediah Kerman

[LOG 19:30:38.436] [CHATR] beginning exchange,parts/staging

[LOG 19:30:38.437] [CHATR] new delay between exchanges: 62

[LOG 19:30:49.830] [CHATR] playing response

[LOG 19:30:52.084] [CHATR] response has finished

I've been using it for some time, and it's wonderful.

Assuming you had specially-recorded clips of speech in actually Kerbalnese or whatever it's called, would it be possible to have different voices play during different situations? So like during the launch or landing the chattering becomes slightly more frequent and the voices sound a bit more tense, when nothing is really happening it's casual and calm, and when something explodes you can hear them screaming in uncontrollable panic?

I wonder if some of the perceived volume issues may be due to the Russian audio samples being twice as loud as the Apollo or STS1 samples. Try simply turning off the Russian recordings and see if that sounds better.

I wonder if some of the perceived volume issues may be due to the Russian audio samples being twice as loud as the Apollo or STS1 samples. Try simply turning off the Russian recordings and see if that sounds better.

Good one.

It is true Russian voices are like they scream like mad in their mic.

If this turns to be the volume issue some people have, I may re-balance them in the next update. ;)

Let me know.

Also, I will see if I can fix the 0.23.5 missing airlock/breath sound issue, looks like Squad changed EVA state somehow...

Downloaded and installed yesterday for the first time. What now has me hooked is as I landed on the Mun in FASA'S Lunar Module I got what sounded like a kerbalized version of "The Eagle has landed". EPIC!

Changelog:

v0.5.9.3:

- Recompiled for KSP v0.23.5 (fixes missing Airlock/Breath sounds)

- Added Debug Mode setting (disabled by default, so Chatterer no more spam your Log)

- Disabled "Remotech integration" & "Check for update" settings as they don't work (for now)

Believe it or not but a simple recompile with 0.23.5 references fixed the missing Airlock & Breathing sounds ! OO

Even if my C# IDE didn't show any error/warning messages.

Lesson learned : Always recompile your Mods when a new KSP update is out.

Here is the link : Dropbox : Chatterer_0.5.9.3.zip

Good one.

If this turns to be the volume issue some people have, I may re-balance them in the next update. ;)

Let me know.

Again, the game has its own normalizer. I haven't noticed any voices being louder than one another and my voices are at 100% while the rest of the game audio is balanced lower. I can't remember whether the audio normalizer is switched on by default or not. It's in the main settings window under the audio section.

Lost my chatterer Icon on the Toolbar any idea on how to fix I dislike the toolbar immensly

You can remove the toolbar if you'd like. If you need help using it, I suggest you ask in the toolbar thread. There's an arrow on the right hand side of the toolbar. Click that and click "configure visible buttons". Make Chatterer visible.

... . ... ...... ... ...... ... ... ... ..... .............. ... .. . ... ...... ... .. ..... .. .... ........ ... ....... ... . . ....... .... ... ...... .. ... .. .. .. ..... . . . . ........ . . . .

......... . . . . . ................ . . . ................... . . . . .

Did that and all i get is a black square for chatterer everyone is putting toolbar integration in and forgetting some people dont use it or want it. I have solved the problem the texture compressor was screwing the icon over removed the config for it and its back sorry to trouble you all

Edited by Virtualgenius

Did that and all i get is a black square for chatterer everyone is putting toolbar integration in and forgetting some people dont use it or want it. I have solved the problem the texture compressor was screwing the icon over removed the config for it and its back sorry to trouble you all

Everyone's putting it in because it's a vastly superior solution to having buttons scattered everywhere or having one annoying button that never moves that is suddenly on top of a button that Squad moved in an update.

Also, there's going to be a stock Toolbar in 0.24. There's really no getting away from it.

For 2 buttons its not worth the effort and thanks for giving me the good news, another toolbar thats awesome I will look forward to that NOT. I have sabotaged this thread long enough I love chatterer what can we look forward to in the world of chatterer.