[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

someone could put a list of audio files of "capsule" folder and the "capcom" folder so that I translate into my language?

example:

capsula_01.ogg = Changing route

cappcom_04ogg = ok, copied

capsula_02.ogg = Changing the course

Capcom_02.ogg = Change direction

I've read back a few pages to see if this is a current issue but didn't see anything, please humour me if it's already been covered.

Since the update to 23.5 I'm getting the heavy breathing at a couple of my existing unmanned sites... Kethane refineries on Duna and Minmus that have no Kerbal present.

It's hardly game breaking... but I'm making a lot of vids and it does rather sound like I'm rubbing myself.

I've read back a few pages to see if this is a current issue but didn't see anything, please humour me if it's already been covered.

Since the update to 23.5 I'm getting the heavy breathing at a couple of my existing unmanned sites... Kethane refineries on Duna and Minmus that have no Kerbal present.

It's hardly game breaking... but I'm making a lot of vids and it does rather sound like I'm rubbing myself.

I've noticed this too. I have a very simple probe orbiting Kerbin that has ran out of power. When I switched to this vessel I hear breathing. Same with other probes.

Same. At the very least, you can always open the settings and turn the volume all the way down for those effects.

Unfortunately, Chatterer still doesn't save volume settings.

That is really weird, I can't reproduce this issue here. :(

Did you try to delete your "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer\plugin.cfg" file to make the mod rebuilding a new one ?

Do you have "per vessel settings" disabled ?

Are other settings saved properly ?

Per vessel settings are disabled.

Haven't tried deleting plugin.cfg from the folder, because I updated the mod just last week, before it did not save the settings, now is the same, and the plugin.cfg is the new one that came with the last version. I always delete old mod folders before installing new ones.

All settings regarding volume levels are not saved - the sliders sit at the levels where I put them(20%), but the voice level is much much higher until I touch the respective sliders.

For example during a radio comm soundclip - If i touch the slider and move it 1% to the left or right - the volume immediately drops to the desired level. And stays there until I go back to the space center (or any scene change).

Normalizer is on in the settings of KSP. Don't know what it does, never touched it before, it is on by default.

Hi folks!

I was playing with this wonderful plugin and something smashed my head: "These Kerbals looks very stupid, I want them to talk more stupiditly(yeah, my english is very bad)". So I quickly made a new set of voices to add to chatterer.

Here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!5gp0SCxa!mJAwx1qgHVmRpJzyhccSw7oG-OYLyfwYX9r4Y3iUoAk

you must copy the cendartalk folder to: KSP folder/GameData/Chatterer/Sounds/chatter/

Then in-game, open chatter window, in settings activate advanced options, click on chatter tab, click on chattersets, remplace "directory name" by "cendartalk" and click on Load. Tadaaa! you have some more stupid chattering!

Feel free to give me comments and suggestions, I will likely add more sounds with time!

I'm not a programmer and i don't know how to script but if someone can/wants to script some sounds with some events, (like applause from the capcom at the launch and at the landing on Kerbin) i will be happy to participate and do some more sounds!

Edited by Cendar

I recently updated from an old version of chatterer, this mod has serious volume issues.

recording volumes are all over the place, some are barely audible, some are deafening.

the mod completely ignores both the game voice volume and it's own internal volume settings, hopefully it will get sorted but I'll have to go back to the original version.

The new beeps are awful imo. Too cheesy and high pitched.. anyone else on the same page?

You can edit the pitch of each one if they're bothering you

Go into the Beeps tab and slide the 'Beep Pitch' down for your selected beeps until they suit your tastes.

Have any of the devs heard of the Conet Project? It's basically some nutjobs who made a 5-CD set of recordings of real clandestine shortwave radio 'numbers' stations broadcasting information to spies all over the world from the 70s to the present day. It's been made free for download and people are encouraged to share it. I grant you the transmissions aren't aerospace-related, but they would make an amazing and atmospheric pack of sounds for the game. The actual dialogue in Chatterer is sufficiently garbled (reversed?) to not be too context-specific or distracting, and if you did the same to the Conet pack I think it would add a lot more depth to the game (the collection is already taxonomically categorized so you could give each ship/station a different set of Numbers Station broadcast recordings). I'm trying to work out how to add these myself; would love any pointers, especially on ways to get these incorporated into the GUI.

Conet Package, check it out.

How am I supposed to make the user interface appear?

I installed it, and it wasn't doing anything, so looked through the package for some type of documentation, and on the first page of this thread as well, and I just couldn't find the answer - there's a readme but it only describes version change history, and is not a manual. Looking at the config I can see what look like settings for window positions in the Toolbar Mod, so presumably it uses that, but I can't seem to find them on the screen. I do have Toolbar installed, as I'm using Mission Controller Extended, which uses Toolbar. I also saw that there's some type of green microphone icon for use in the toolbar so presumably it's supposed to appear somewhere.

By reading the config file I determined that I should be able to get some sounds by hitting the apostrophe or doublequote key, and I did so and confirmed that I did hear some electronic bleepy sounds and some voice sounds but they were very quiet (thus why I'd like to get to the user interface to look for a volume slider).

Tell toolbar to display the button.

Click on the little arrow to the right of the toolbar and 'configure visible buttons' - make sure chatterer is enabled :-)

I tried that already. The only buttons I can enable are the ones from the MCE mod that were always there prior to installing Chatterer. My config for Chatterer does definitely show all sorts of toolbar settings so I know it's supposed to have them.

Here's a screenshot. You have to click on it and blow it up bigger to read the window.

YR0QxBm.jpg

I tried that already. The only buttons I can enable are the ones from the MCE mod that were always there prior to installing Chatterer. My config for Chatterer does definitely show all sorts of toolbar settings so I know it's supposed to have them.

Here's a screenshot. You have to click on it and blow it up bigger to read the window.

http://i.imgur.com/YR0QxBm.jpg

EDIT: NEVER MIND. Found it. It only appears as an option if you click the toolbar settings while in flight. You can't configure it ahead of time in the VAB or space center.

Hey,

Can some help me out? I went ahead and installed it because i want some chatter going on but i can't hear anything.

I already set it up that i would hear a beep after a couple of seconds but i get nothing. Do i need to place something on the rocket, satellite, module? if so then what part as i can't find it.

Thanks!

Edit:

I found the issue. Seems i made a mistake by putting the Chatterer folder inside GameData inside GameData that looked like this:

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\Chatterer

I made it work again after changing it to this:

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer

It's working like a charm now ! Love the chatter :D

Edited by galaxy366

I don't know why, and it's definitely an interaction with one of the umpteen other mods I have installed - Chatterer on its own works fine - but for whatever reason, the game is unable to load if I have Chatterer installed.

It stops loading during the initial startup screen, usually showing some semi-unrelated file such as "KAS/Sounds/detachTape", although the usual loading messages ("Recruiting Kerbals", etc.) still show.

At this point KSP's CPU usage will drop to about 10%, and it very slowly increases in memory consumption. I'm going to leave it running like this for a few hours now, and see if it ever gets anywhere.

KSP.log shows "Load(Audio): Chatterer/Sounds/sstv/sstv_05" as the final message. A file which may be from KSPRC, although this happens with or without KSPRC. No idea why there's a mismatch; the file clearly isn't block-buffered, but I suppose there may be some chunked line-buffering inside KSP.

This does not happen on Windows, or as mentioned without other mods; it happens only on Linux, with large numbers of other mods.

Anyway. I know this sort of thing is hard to debug, but it'd still be great if you could take a look. I'll be happy to help you with any debugging you want... as for the modlist, I started with Scott Manley's interstellar pack and went from there, but it does happen with just that.

EDIT: In the end, KSP's screen went black except for the progress bar, still stuck on "KAS/Sounds/detachTape". Oh well.

EDIT2: Some debugging later, I'm reasonably sure this is some kind of weakness in the Mono runtime rather than a problem with Chatterer. It seems entirely dependent on the numbe of mods installed, rather than any specific mods - and there's an intermediate stage where textures go wonky and the game becomes highly crash-prone. I don't see how this can be an issue with Chatterer.

Edited by Baughn

Oh! There's a new updated version for 0.23.5? So THAT's where the airlock-sound went! I have the 0.23-version. Cool! Also, in the new version, are there docking sounds? If not, I would think that it would be possible to add sound-triggers for docking in the same manner as the sounds-triggers for entering/exiting EVA. I'll download the new version tonight and try to fiddle about with it.