[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

This is one of my favorite mods, it adds so much to the general atmosphere of the game. I would like to ask though, is it possible to replace the breathing sound for EVA (I know you can turn it off). It doesn't sound like someone in an EVA suit, the nose whistle is kind of distracting. I'm probably wrong but I've always imagined it sounding more with a K sound on the inhale. Sort of a very, very, minor version of Vader's breathing suit to simulate the pressure.

I haven't found anything in the forum related to a solution for the x64 bit issue but this is what I did to solve it.

First, yes I have a ton of mods installed and what would happen is; when going into either the VAB, or SAB the game would simply drop to desktop.

I'm running the x64 client, in full screen and with 'Run as Administrator' set. Had to do this for some other mods.

Everything works fine until I added chatter then the crash to desktop happens. So, looked at the plugin and the downloads I'm getting don't have the \Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer folder or .cfg file in them. Not sure if they get created at start or if they're just not showing up in my DLs. In any case, I apparently solved the issue by grabbing the folder and .cfg file from the 2.3.5 copy of the game I'm running.

Added that folder/file to the chatterer folder and all is well.

Just an FYI for others who may still be running into this or similar issues. It's worth giving it a shot.

I haven't found anything in the forum related to a solution for the x64 bit issue but this is what I did to solve it.

First, yes I have a ton of mods installed and what would happen is; when going into either the VAB, or SAB the game would simply drop to desktop.

I'm running the x64 client, in full screen and with 'Run as Administrator' set. Had to do this for some other mods.

Everything works fine until I added chatter then the crash to desktop happens. So, looked at the plugin and the downloads I'm getting don't have the \Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer folder or .cfg file in them. Not sure if they get created at start or if they're just not showing up in my DLs. In any case, I apparently solved the issue by grabbing the folder and .cfg file from the 2.3.5 copy of the game I'm running.

Added that folder/file to the chatterer folder and all is well.

Just an FYI for others who may still be running into this or similar issues. It's worth giving it a shot.

Those are missing from the 64bit download, but are still in the 32bit option. :-)

Anyone else have issues with chatterer crashing game when trying to build a rocket. I havent tested all parts but i know I can not select the crew capsules with out the game crashing.

Running .24.2 x64

have tried both the x64 and x86 version of chatterer

confirmed its chatterer because issue goes away when chatterer is removed from gamedata

anything would be great i can still run the game in 32bit with out any problems from chatterer but would like to run it in 64

Ok, I only just got this mod and it looks real cool, but there are a bunch of settings that I want to mess with and I'm scared if I mess it up too much I won't be able to reset it to default settings. I can't find any defaults button or anything so o.o

Ok, I only just got this mod and it looks real cool, but there are a bunch of settings that I want to mess with and I'm scared if I mess it up too much I won't be able to reset it to default settings. I can't find any defaults button or anything so o.o

Don't worry you can't break anything ;)

If by any chance you mess something, just delete your Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer\plugin.cfg file and restart the game, you will get a new one with all set to default.

;)

Edited by Athlonic

Don't worry you can't break anything ;)

If by any chance you mess something, just delete your Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\PluginData\Chatterer\plugin.cfg file and restart the game, you will get a new one with all set to default.

;)

OooooRRrrr you can try the following dev version :

Changelog:

v0.5.9.6405

- compiled for KSPv0.24.2 x64 (should work with x86 too)

- made breathing sound more "Kerbal"

- added a "Reset to defaults" setting

- fixed "show tooltips" setting not saving/resetting

Same dropbox folder link @ first post ;)

I have converted all the STS and Apollo files to regular human language and speed, if anyone wants the zip to extract to your gamedata folder PM me. All you have to do is add them in-game using the GUI for chatterer.

Where do you get the radio model part? Can you give me the link for the part?

Radio model part is history.

And it is no more needed ;)

I can provide you the old model parts if you want, but they won't work with Chatterer v0.5.x+ anymore.

Can someone tell me how to install and run this please? I downloaded it and put the folder in 'Game Data'. What do I do next?

Check, doublecheck, recheck installation path ;)

All the new versions of Chatterer crash my game when going into the loading screen after choosing "New Game", or "Resume Saved Game"

I Love this Mod.. I'm the type that has to have some sort of background noise or I'll go insane..

for the love of my sanity someone help me. :(

Maximus88,

Sounds like your running out of RAM or (possibly) you've installed it incorrectly. There is important information to include in any bug report:

• Your KSP version
  • Your mods and versions (if any)
  • Your Operating System and version
  • Steps to cause the problem
  • Cause the problem, then quit KSP and find your output log:
    • Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
    • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Maximus88,

Sounds like your running out of RAM or (possibly) you've installed it incorrectly. There is important information to include in any bug report:

• Your KSP version
  • Your mods and versions (if any)
  • Your Operating System and version
  • Steps to cause the problem
  • Cause the problem, then quit KSP and find your output log:
    • Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
    • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Latest verison of KSP and Chatterer. I can uninstall Chattere and my game workds fine, but when I install it it doesn't let me load past Resume Game or New Game.

I will have to get the outputlog when I get back home to my PC.

Hi there, I must say that making this mod was a stroke of genius. With the right random setup it's actually hard to imagine it not being there in the game, I mean it's like a movie soundtrack done right i.e. you don't notice it but you'd know if it wasn't there. Excellent work I must say.

Without wanting to blow my own trumpet for being a student game designer (and why would I, the credit here goes to you, and yet hoping at the same time that this fact helps you to take me a little more seriously), I've been working on a series of extra clips (engineered with audio software from actual sounds recorded on the ISS, aboard other vessels, collected sounds of space machinery et cetera et cetera. and then altered, mixed, converged with pink, white and brown noise variations that you can incorporate into your mod (if you wish).

I couldn't resist having a go at making some Kerblish of my own, given how much of a wonderful job you made of it.

What's more ace than ace? More... obviously :D . So, without any more of a to-do, here is the download for anyone who wants to use the clips, including yourself

O' Great Creator, if thou doth wish to include more stuff in your next release.

Just merge the 'sounds' folder with the 'sounds' folder in Chatterer for these to be added to the selection available to you in game.

The directory name to load for chatter set is: svskerblish

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NBcw4uCTgIYzdxNlNyTmlwelU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Stephanie the Viking

Since 24.2, I was very annoyed by frames hitches, stuttering, so after testing 80+ mods, this one cause a lot of frames scratches for me.

Add this know issue to the OP for who have this problem, if not, great, you can use it, and enjoying it :'(

I'm apparently getting similar crashes to what Maximus88 reported above.

Happens with 0.24.2 of KSP, latest Chatterer. It ONLY happens when Chatterer is installed with either MechJeb (whatever the latest version on curse is) or KER (0.6.2.10 or 1.0.2).

Chatterer combined with my other mods but NOT Mechjeb nor KER works. Mechjeb with my other mods works. KER with my other mods works.

That's on KSP 64bits, Win7 64bits.

The crash happens as soon as you load the saved game to get the "helicopter" view of KSC.