[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Unless there is major opposition to it, expect the next update to be part-free.

That would be awesome ... although I'll still keep the part around for looks, since my son objected to when I had part-free chattering by editing some of the command modules configs in 0.19.

That would be awesome ... although I'll still keep the part around for looks, since my son objected to when I had part-free chattering by editing some of the command modules configs in 0.19.

Yeah. I don't want my space station to disappear.

Hi, would it be possible to change the probe side of chatterer to pick a random beep instead of always using the same one of the ten you can choose?

Like cycle and just use a random one?

Ok. I'm pretty sure I downloaded this correctly. The two parts show up the old school looking radio and the black one. I add either of these to a ship, launch and... nothing. I have no interface and if I click on the old school looking part there is an option to raise antenna but nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

RC4

Absolutely loving this! I added the Icarus I's distress beacon (From the 2007 sci-fi movie Sunshine) into the files, and it really works well on any Moho-bound probes or roleplay craft that copy the Icarus spacecraft.

Hi, would it be possible to change the probe side of chatterer to pick a random beep instead of always using the same one of the ten you can choose?

Like cycle and just use a random one?

Tell me more. Change beeps when changing vessels? After x seconds? Something else?

Ok. I'm pretty sure I downloaded this correctly. The two parts show up the old school looking radio and the black one. I add either of these to a ship, launch and... nothing. I have no interface and if I click on the old school looking part there is an option to raise antenna but nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

RC4

Without seeing your log file, I am going to guess that the .dll is not in the right place or missing. Don't use the Parts or Plugins folders in the main KSP directory for this plugin. All mod stuff goes into the GameData folder now.

Easiest way to install is to copy the entire RBR folder from the download and paste it into /KSP/GameData.

Also see the manual.txt included in the download; it lists all the files in this mod and exactly where in GameData they belong.

Absolutely loving this! I added the Icarus I's distress beacon (From the 2007 sci-fi movie Sunshine) into the files, and it really works well on any Moho-bound probes or roleplay craft that copy the Icarus spacecraft.

Share that audio with me so we can all enjoy it as a beep, will you?

Yeah. I don't want my space station to disappear.

No worries. I'm going to include the parts, sans MODULE stuff in the cfg, with the next few versions to avoid this happening to anyone.

i love this mod! the only thing missing now are old computer sounds, like the loadout scene from alien or 2001, growing up with those i really miss them :0.0:

I...don't recommend listening of this sound too much when you are alone in home, at night or prone to depression :) Utter, forlorn loneliness of this signal is astonishing.

You couldnt be more correct

I was just thinking of the distress beacon, and I was wondering, would it be possible to have an option for receiving signals from nearby spacecraft? Nearby being like 100km or so. Of course it could have options to adjust the distance.

Tell me more. Change beeps when changing vessels? After x seconds? Something else?

As in, you set it up to say beep once every 5 seconds on 50% volume on "Beep 2". you can currently choose beep 1 through beep 10 from memory (and more if you add more), how about if you click left from Beep 1 it says "Random beep" and simply chooses one from beep 1 to beep n kinda like it does for sound clips on manned ships atm.

On a manned ship when the chatter goes off it is always different, picking something from the entire selection, the beep on a probe however is always the same beep. It would just be nice if you could make it pick a random beep so it's less monotonous.

A few questions. How many files can I have per custom folder (is 50 the correct number)? And how many custom folders can I have? And finally, does Chatterer select between all the files of all the folders I have selected, or does it only select a certain total number from all folders? Thanks for any info.

Idea: Make probes occasionally send images by SSTV. That is, transmit images as audio the same way the Singing Hill does. Obviously, actually generating SSTV sounds in the plugin would be a bit too much work, but some images of a starry sky taken from KSP screenshots and passed through MMSSTV or something would not be out of place.

Here you are!

http://www./?sbxgaz37rvxt8ax

It comes with two files: One is a default MP3 file, the other is a ready-to-install .ogg file.

Blessings of Mystara upon ye.

I was just thinking of the distress beacon, and I was wondering, would it be possible to have an option for receiving signals from nearby spacecraft? Nearby being like 100km or so. Of course it could have options to adjust the distance.

Simple enough if you just want to play a sound when another ship is within range. Slightly more complicated but infinitely more awesome would be to have a separate beacon part that can be attached in the VAB with options to "transmit" the beacon. Chatterer on ship 1 could look at ship 2 and see whether a beacon is on (I think?) and then ship 1 would play the appropriate sound. One way or another, I will try to work some beacon in.

As in, you set it up to say beep once every 5 seconds on 50% volume on "Beep 2". you can currently choose beep 1 through beep 10 from memory (and more if you add more), how about if you click left from Beep 1 it says "Random beep" and simply chooses one from beep 1 to beep n kinda like it does for sound clips on manned ships atm.

On a manned ship when the chatter goes off it is always different, picking something from the entire selection, the beep on a probe however is always the same beep. It would just be nice if you could make it pick a random beep so it's less monotonous.

Hearing a new random beep every five seconds isn't my idea of a good time, but I am in a good mood so I will add that. :)

A few questions. How many files can I have per custom folder (is 50 the correct number)? And how many custom folders can I have? And finally, does Chatterer select between all the files of all the folders I have selected, or does it only select a certain total number from all folders? Thanks for any info.

1) 50 each of both capcom clips capsule clips per folder currently. If you are going to make a large set and need more, let me know and I will increase it.

2) There is no coded limit to the number of custom folders. Add 'til you crash.

3) All files from all selected folders are added.

Idea: Make probes occasionally send images by SSTV. That is, transmit images as audio the same way the Singing Hill does. Obviously, actually generating SSTV sounds in the plugin would be a bit too much work, but some images of a starry sky taken from KSP screenshots and passed through MMSSTV or something would not be out of place.

This is probably the best idea I've ever heard. Will definitely get some SSTV audio in soon!

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

Is there any way to relocate main button like this?

plLlJP6.png

The problem with all these little plugin icons is that there is no standard on where to place them. I could move my icon up there and the next day be receiving a barrage of complaints because my plugin is now covering another plugin. Too much potential for conflict if I move it up there. For now it will stay at the bottom.

I've been thinking to make the icon into a "window" so it could be dragged around like the others, allowing you to move it around wherever you fancy. Hopefully I can make it work as a compromise.

Next release will have an option to change the icon position by clicking the new location on the screen.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

UkH7zpW.png3sa7sBU.png

I'd like some input from you all regarding the SSTV suggestion. If you had your druthers, how would it work?

In both chatter and probe modes? Only one mode?

How about signal length in seconds for the included SSTV sounds? 8, 12, 24, or 36? You'll be able to add your own of any length, but I'm keeping the included ones reasonable.

Should it have a Insta-SSTV button like the chatter, or be random only?

How much range should the time slider for random SSTV have? Every 0-10 minutes? 0-20? 0-60? Other?

Thanks for any input on these questions or any other ideas about SSTV you have.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od