[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Only delete the sound files you dont want or use (to safe memory), nothing else. :)

Actually I tried this last night and I'm having the same issue. I deleted everything but the voices, beeps, and SSTV sounds, and when I fired up KSP there was no Chatterer button, nor the buttons for my other mods (MechJeb, Protractor, Kerbal Alarm Clock, SCANSat). Removing Chatterer resolved the issue. I did not have this problem with the previous version of Chatterer.

I meant as in the setting for the decoder, I've tried most of em and I couldn't get em to work with it.

Somethings not right when I encode them. I can decode them back to image okay but nobody else can. Until somebody who knows what they are doing offers me some proper ones, that's what we got.

Also...

Download links to new version 0.5.8 posted to the OP. Wind added. Soundscapes are optional download. Other new sounds can also be removed wholesale or individually.

Chatter seems to be incompatible with mission controller extended when starting a new game.

Essentially the little icon is placed in the same spot as the mission controller icon and can't be moved nor can it be clicked on. I'm not keen on removing mission controller so I can move the chatter icon because this would mean restarting the missions all over again. Is there any way that you can set it so the icon is moved somewhere else other than the bottom left of the navball.

Chatter seems to be incompatible with mission controller extended when starting a new game.

Essentially the little icon is placed in the same spot as the mission controller icon and can't be moved nor can it be clicked on. I'm not keen on removing mission controller so I can move the chatter icon because this would mean restarting the missions all over again. Is there any way that you can set it so the icon is moved somewhere else other than the bottom left of the navball.

As others have said, you can edit Chatterer's plugin.cfg file to change the icon's x,y position if another mod is blocking it. Or ask the maker of MCE to make its icon relocatable as well. The Chatterer icon has defaulted to this position for months before MC even existed and I'm not going to go moving it around every time a new mod comes along and covers it up.

Ok dudes, so I decoded the SSTV audio at the request of KwirkyJ. I had to do it quick because things but here they are.

Why do you all keep rubbing the broken SSTV in my face? :) If you can figure out how to decode them, you can probably figure out how to encode them also, so help us all out and make some new ones that decode nicely, eh? Someone? Anyone?

edit: I will try to get an update together in the very near future for RemoteTech2 compatibility.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

;793617']Here you are. Fixed pictures. (Still slighly out of Sync' date=' but much better)

I used MMSSTV 1.13 to test them. in Auto mode it gets decoded normally to B/W 12 160x120.[/quote']

Sweet! Thank you so much for helping out with those.

There must be something wrong with my MMSSTV setup or my PC. When I decode your files, the images are all curved like how everyone (except me) sees the ones I encoded.

I'm going to assume now that the problem is 100% on my end and I'll replace the old SSTV asap.

Thanks again!

Previously, when Great Magic Boulder Hunt was in progress, everyone was using RX-SSTV software. And someone figured out, that some machines have problems with encode-decode process. It looked like SSTV is not synchronizing normally with sound transmission. Check what reference frequencies you use for your sound board. I decoded these files with my sound system recording at 44100 Hz, and MMSSTV is also configured to 44100 samples by default.

Also, there can be other influences. I would recommend you checking Auto resync and Auto slant checkboxes. And also, using only Auto detection mode, because previously posted pictures were incorrectly decoded as color, when this encoding is B/W 12. This is leading to corruption.

Finally sat down and put a few hours into this beast today. Couple things fixed, couple new things added.

What's done?

* ElectricCharge usage is completely removed

* Added a Mute button to hush all the Chatterer sounds with one click

* Merged Muziker's soundscapes and "ship hum" into Chatterer

* All new beeps

What's planned?

* Edit some more NASA audio to make another chatter set

* Add more triggers for sound effects/soundscapes (descending to surface, entering atmosphere, etc)

* Add some ship noises (clinks, clangs, whirrs)

Any suggestions for other things you want to see in this plugin? Things that need fixed that I've forgotten about?

OK, suggestions.

1. A mute button, while Chatterer is really cool a button to temporarily mute all noises it makes, would be great. spoke too soon its in (but buggy)
  2. A configurable initial delay for the sounds. You can add such great sound effects like echos and such but sometimes I wish I could play the normal sound just a half second (or so) before. So that it might sound like PING ..... Pinininingngng
  3. Request: Put this project on GitHub. It is great for collabs. Also you can put your released binaries there.
  4. edit: please add in again the option to use own sounds / soundfolders.
  5. edit: while to have individual settings are cool, it should be derived from a global one which should be editable from the menu (its a bit awkward to 1st set up the sound of a space craft which might take some time)
  6. edit: I really loved the effects from 0.5.6 please add them in again (if they hide behind advanced settings then never mind.. can't test that since advanced settings doesn't show up on my system) I also loved the option to have as many beeps as you like... please give it back.

And thanks for coming back, I think I might not be able to learn C# in a reasonable time... (according to our last conversation)

Chatterer is such a must have.

Edit (not necessary to name it so since I actually forgot to send it):

Question: what happened to all the old probe beeps? Copyright infringements? I thought many of them where really cool. Too cool to leave them out of new versions.

Edit2: Mute is buggy. It does not mute wind. and if its selected the volume (of wind. e.g.) will not been adjusted.

Also a bug I started and there was the alien ship ambient sound, after I used the mute button it it didn't came back. (seems to be affected that I changed the wind volume while the sound was muted)

"Toggle advanced options" can't be found anywhere.

Another edit: Time sliders should consistent. At the moment at "precise" the slider works from left as the shortest interval (loop) to right as the longest, while "loose" works the other way round. means at left is the longest and right the shortest. Decide for one and stick with it.

Edited by Bizz Keryear