[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

I have some suggestions:

1) To be able to make the chatter sound only when we press the insta-chatter key.

If I select "no chatter" in the chatter frequency option, it prevent me from using the insta-key to make the sounds.

2)To be able to use a key to make a bipping sound with pre-selected options(frequency, tone, volume etc...)

The mod is awesome!

Will use it when I will do some video!

;tltr : where does chatterer_0_5_8.cs go, please?

v.0.5.8 [16 Nov] [ chatterer_0_5_8.zip ] [ chatterer_0_5_8.cs ] ** Remove any existing Chatterer files/folders before installing this version **

hello there,

I'm completely new et utterely lost in KSP :)

But it's a lot of FUN.

My first post goes to you, for a question or a suggestion:

Could you be noob friendely and tell explicitely what to do with the zip ?

(same as for soundscape)

Soundscapes are an optional download here [ soundscape.zip ] (35MB)

- In the .zip is a soundscape folder. Extract and copy folder to GameData/Chatterer/Sounds/AAE/

More importentely : what is [ chatterer_0_5_8.cs ] for? It looks like a read me file, but could be a program, I have no clue.

;tltr : where does chatterer_0_5_8.cs go, please?

hello there,

I'm completely new et utterely lost in KSP :)

But it's a lot of FUN.

My first post goes to you, for a question or a suggestion:

Could you be noob friendely and tell explicitely what to do with the zip ?

(same as for soundscape)

More importentely : what is [ chatterer_0_5_8.cs ] for? It looks like a read me file, but could be a program, I have no clue.

The zip gets unzipped into Kerbal Space Program/Gamedata - it'll create the /Chatterer directory and everything else under that by itself. The Sounds/AAE folder would go directly inside the chatterer directory as well.

Be careful with the zips, though, as they'll have their own directory structure. It's meant to help, meant to automatically make sure the files go into the right directories, but if you unzip it into the wrong 'base' directory, it creates those directories where they're not suppose to go, yes?

The .cs is the code for the plugin. Unless you're a modder it's pretty much irrelevant to you.

Edited by Lheim

two questions friends,

1: how i can customize EVERY ship with different sounds? always use same config to all ships.

2: how i can get that tv images? SSTV or similar? (i saw that pics several posts ago)

thx in advance!

1. There is an option under setting called, Use per vessel setting. Make sure that is click on. Just remember thing won't take effect if you revert flight, it will also revert settings. Try to recover flight after setting it.

2. I think that is something the developer is working on. He is trying to get the decoding to work right. Its becoming a challenge, but I think with help of other people it's coming along.

Beta version features are very good, but i have some advices:

- Wind shoudl start blowing anly on certain altitude (or velocity). Certainly not when rocket stays still on launchpad.

- Humming shoudl start when our ship enters vacuum. Because it interferes with wind sound.

And how about custom soundtrack folder for every planet/moon, and for various situations? Orbit, descending, surface, encounter, escape. And for docking too.

Edited by kiwiak

Everything starts fine with me. I don't understand by loading, before KSP starts up? Because in game Chatterer works fine.

The mod is loading but it is taking WAY longer than it did before the update. Just wondering it anyone else is having this problem and, if they are, is there a fix?

Beta version features are very good, but i have some advices:

- Wind shoudl start blowing anly on certain altitude (or velocity). Certainly not when rocket stays still on launchpad.

- Humming shoudl start when our ship enters vacuum. Because it interferes with wind sound.

And how about custom soundtrack folder for every planet/moon, and for various situations? Orbit, descending, surface, encounter, escape. And for docking too.

Well --- wind could be on the pad as well, but certainly not as strong. yeah.

Is this mod dead?

Some feedback.

1) As mentioned, toolbar integration would be great.

2) Also as mentioned, wind based on speed would also be great, as well as (as mentioned!) the soundscape muting.

Now for my own bit of feedback:

3) I think a volume balancing pass is in order. Some of the 'chatters' are basically people shouting in to the mic, and some are normal sounding. I think I recognize a few of them and it sounds like they're the Russian ones. The volume pass should be extended to the soundscapes - again, some are pretty nice and subdued, and then suddenly you'll get a surprisingly loud one and I have to turn the whole thing down. It's just really obnoxious when suddenly I'm getting blasted by an angry Kerbal who sounds like he's exploding in flames and is quite upset about it.

Is this mod dead?

Kind of sort of. I've moved on to other games and making mods for them.

I've asked a few other plugin creators if they would like to take over Chatterer but so far haven't gotten any firm commitments. Still waiting to hear back from a couple as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone will pick it up and run with it.

Well it woudl be best if chatter nd a-s-e woudl be merged into one mod

Just sent a message to pizzaoverhead a few minutes ago asking if he would like to take over/merge it/whatever.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

In the mean time -- it runs perfectly well. I imagine that at the moment it's discovered that this mod breaks something, or something else causes it to stop working, someone will step in to make the changes.

It's simply in a "it ain't broke, so don't fix it" mode at the moment.

Kind of sort of. I've moved on to other games and making mods for them.

I've asked a few other plugin creators if they would like to take over Chatterer but so far haven't gotten any firm commitments. Still waiting to hear back from a couple as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone will pick it up and run with it.

Just sent a message to pizzaoverhead a few minutes ago asking if he would like to take over/merge it/whatever.

Nice to hear about you again ;)

So far v.0.5.8 is working flawlessly on KSP v.0.23.

I would advise to recompile with v.0.23 references and publish it to Spaceport with [23] stamp, just to clear things up and to be on the safe side.

If you have some time for it, of course.

I am trying to base my Launch countdown Mod on your sound integration system.

So I read through your code for some time already.

I still need to learn some c# stuff to have what it takes to take over anything at the moment though ^^

But if something bad happens, I will certainly have a look at it and do my best to fix it.

See you soon, Iannic-ann-od ;)

Cheers.

Ok,

So I changed my mind and I gave it a try. :D

Changelog:

- Recompiled with 0.23 references

- integration with blizzy78's Toolbar plugin

- enabled airlock sound when going to and from EVA

- Skin management : Using 'Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll' instead of 'FindObjectsOfTypeIncludingAssets' [obsolete with new Unity version]

- replaced "Mute" button by "Close UI window" button (Mute is causing NullRefEx spam for now)

- removed feedback sound filter option [unity :Obsolete("feedback is deprecated, this property does nothing.")]

Again my skill in C# are far from Iannic-ann-od or some other awesome Modders here.

Use this version as a workaround or quick 0.23 compatibility fix until someone more serious put his hand on this excellent Mod.

All credits stay for Iannic-ann-od of course.

Link, Chatterer_0.5.9devBuild : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6vveo7c9momugs/LND9B4mD4p