[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Mac user here. 0.5.5 can't seem to find its own sound files (they're there, I looked -- used the full download and did a clean install by removing the older 0.5 version completely first). The chatterer icon is is messed up (see image), and under 'Sets', the 'Load' button does nothing when clicked.

I'm running KSP .21.1 and Mac OS X 10.8.4.

7ermmRQ.jpg

I'm on it! (Running Linux)

Game boots correctly.

Probe loads up and GUI appears. Lemonade Stand? Beeps are beeping.

Manned ship loads up and sounds work.

Seems to be working.

Thanks!

Mac user here. 0.5.5 can't seem to find its own sound files (they're there, I looked -- used the full download and did a clean install by removing the older 0.5 version completely first). The chatterer icon is is messed up (see image), and under 'Sets', the 'Load' button does nothing when clicked.

7ermmRQ.jpg

Can you please send me your /KSP_Data/KSP_log.txt file for this? Much easier to diagnose the problem with it available. Thanks!

Love this addon, however, I dream of creating Chatterer profiles for each vessel. So anything currently accessible flight would have its own Chatterer sound set - when I swap to my space station, it has one profile, when I swap to my lander on Mun, it has a different sound set.

Thanks for the cacophony!

This thing has so many options I don't know where to start, it needs a manual! :P

Anyone with free time on his hands who knows what each option does?

A few questions come to mind - what is SSTV? Is it included in the package or do I dl it separately(from the link on the first page). What does it do? Is it a single long jumble of noise and beeps?

There are 2 options for beeps - first is Beep#1 Beep #2 Beep #3 buttons in the middle of the window.

Then there is a Beep 1, 2, 3 etc. option at the bottom of the same window with arrows around it to change the number of the beep. What does this do and what do the aforementioned ones do?

There are 2 options for beeps - first is Beep#1 Beep #2 Beep #3 buttons in the middle of the window.

Then there is a Beep 1, 2, 3 etc. option at the bottom of the same window with arrows around it to change the number of the beep. What does this do and what do the aforementioned ones do?

Agreed that the naming may cause confusion. The set of Beep 1, 2, 3 buttons in the middle are your 3 sound options (you can have 3 beep sounds programmed). When you select Beep 1, everything under that will be how you set up Beep 1. At the bottom with the arrows, Beep 1-11 & Random, are the sound files selected for the Beep (1, 2, or 3) that you are currently setting up. Hope that helps.

7ermmRQ.jpg

Maybe this is a Mac issue...I'm still having this problem. Install stock .5, runs great. Quit game, copy .5.5 dll into the directory and get the same problem as before (and jrandom.) Revert back to .5 again and it's fine.

I don't have a log file handy, but I can update one the next time I get to play, probably this afternoon.

I put the new Chatterer back in, deleted the log file, fired up KSP, built a simple rocket, and went to the launch pad.

Here's the log file from that run.

Okay, thanks to that log I was able to locate the offending line of code. Turns out the problem is me assuming that both Win and OSX versions of KSP use the same directory structure. Win has a KSP_Data folder, where OSX has KSP.app. I had hardcoded it to use KSP_Data and it naturally fails when it can't find that folder on Mac.

Could you try this fix? If it doesn't work, please post your log again. Don't even try this. I am making mistakes like it's cool.

Thanks again for helping squash the bugs.

Love this addon, however, I dream of creating Chatterer profiles for each vessel. So anything currently accessible flight would have its own Chatterer sound set - when I swap to my space station, it has one profile, when I swap to my lander on Mun, it has a different sound set.

Thanks for the cacophony!

Profiles are about 90% finished. If you don't play KSP on OSX, try the 0.5.5 version that's linked in the OP./

This thing has so many options I don't know where to start, it needs a manual! :P

Anyone with free time on his hands who knows what each option does?

A few questions come to mind - what is SSTV? Is it included in the package or do I dl it separately(from the link on the first page). What does it do? Is it a single long jumble of noise and beeps?

It has a crappy manual! :) I'm happy to answer any questions that the crappy manual doesn't cover.

SSTV is basically transmitting images through sounds. There are twelve or so included in the package. To decode the audio into images, you will need some external program like MMSSTV or RSSTV running at the same time as the sounds is being played (from KSP or find the files and play from disk).

Maybe this is a Mac issue...I'm still having this problem. Install stock .5, runs great. Quit game, copy .5.5 dll into the directory and get the same problem as before (and jrandom.) Revert back to .5 again and it's fine.

I don't have a log file handy, but I can update one the next time I get to play, probably this afternoon.

Please see my above reply to jrandom regarding the Mac issue. Please try the fix and let me know if it works.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od
fix is focked

Thanks for testing it.

The good news is the original problem is fixed! And thanks to the smart people in #kspmodders, I learned how to get the location of the chatterer.dll instead of trying to sift through the path I was using, so it will be extra fixed (and possible to change the name of the RBR folder, Benie).

The bad news is I didn't fix all occurrences of the offending line and it's crashing out for the same reason a little later during start-up.

I'll pull my head out of my ass and get a working version together, I promise :)

Why are some letters missing? It doesn't only interfere with the main stuff, but also with MechJeb and even with itself.

Mods:

-CrewManifest

-ProcFairings

-HyperEdit

-Kethane

-Mechjeb

-TAC Fuel Balancer

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

-KAS

-And of course Chatterer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget it, 0.5.5 Fixed it.

Edited by Marcosf98

Link to 0.5.6 in the OP!

Path problems should all be corrected now. Not much left to do before it turns into 0.6:

* Finish copy/paste buttons and create a Presets window for quickly saving/loading preset single filters, all filters, single beeps, and all beeps

* Edit up another chatter audioset

Did notice a pair of small bugs while Jeb visited the sexy new Mun. Jeb was chattering non-stop while running and jumping around the surface, changing from LANDED to SUB-ORBITAL and vice versa, and a bug with the little â–º button in the Sample Selector window. Can you find it before I fix it?

In 0.5.6 I get no sounds and the primary window is just a little tiny box with nothing in it. Microphone icon shows up correctly right away, so that's fixed. :)

Please send me your /KSP_osx/KSP.app/Contents/Data/KSP_log.txt file. This log has better error messages.

I am noticing that each time I resume a flight or launch a new one - i get the options window open, even though I have turned off the "preset per vehicle" option.

And the bigger issue is that until I close the options window the game lags(FPS drops from 60 to like 15-20). The second i close the options window it disappears. When I open it again - the FPS drops again.