[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Hey. I hope this is the right place.

Yesterday I downloaded my first mods and stuck the files in KSP game data. Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms but Chatterer fails to chatter, or beep. Volumes are up, frequency ( of occurrence ) is high, yet no chatter. Why no chatter?!? Why?!?

It's like there are no sound files for it to play tho I can see the sound files load in the start up screen and there are sound files in KSP's game data file.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071909842/screenshot/3281181583594037282

Hopefully this screen shot posts, wherein you can see that the sample selector is empty and all the chatter sets contain 0 clips. I'm doing something stupid here but can't figure out what. Meanwhile all weekend launches are on standby and my industry partners are up in arm over the delays. Thankfully they didn't get me to sign a contract- yet. I can feel that day coming tho and am getting a little nervous :confused:. Help us modding community, you're our only hope.

I'll monitor this frequency for your transmission. Out.

So Chatterer game data has three folders in it : plugins, sounds, and textures. These all go in the KSP game data folder right? Or do they go in the similarly named KSP files?

Anyone??...Buehler??

So Chatterer game data has three folders in it : plugins, sounds, and textures. These all go in the KSP game data folder right? Or do they go in the similarly named KSP files?

When you open the zipfile, you already find the correct folder structure to be copied into your KSP folder. But if the above is not clear, the correct structure is:

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Plugins

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Sounds

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Textures

K Deleted Chatterer files and re downloaded, unzipped it and put the whole Chatt. Game Data file into the KSP Game Data file, but I'm still not getting chatter or beeps.

Do you have to be in space?

Am I missing a part that needs to be on the ship for it to work, an antenna or something?

Disheartened.:(

I think I see your problem, don't put the /Gamedata/ folder inside the /Gamedata/ folder, merge it. The Chatterer folder should be inside that folder along with the Squad and Nasamission folders.

Volume reset to 100% at each new launch even if the slider stay graphically at 20%

Here we go again!

This issue begin to !#$% the *#:& out of me. :D

Can you start a game session with chatterer debug option activated then :

- start a flight

- change volume

- quit to main menu

- start a new flight

- change volume again

Then just send me your log files, because unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue here.

Thanks.

K Deleted Chatterer files and re downloaded, unzipped it and put the whole Chatt. Game Data file into the KSP Game Data file, but I'm still not getting chatter or beeps.

Do you have to be in space?

Am I missing a part that needs to be on the ship for it to work, an antenna or something?

Disheartened.:(

As Castun said, check if you haven't "Gamedata/Gamedata" famous folder structure syndrome ;)

Edited by Athlonic

Here we go again!

This issue begin to !#$% the *#:& out of me. :D

Can you start a game session with chatterer debug option activated then :

- start a flight

- change volume

- quit to main menu

- start a new flight

- change volume again

Then just send me your log files, because unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue here.

Thanks.

I hope it is usefull for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/49149cpyueoby3g/chatter%20logs.zip

Yep thanks guys. The answer is to peel the Chatterer Game Data file down to the Chatterer file and place that into the KSP Game Data file.

Thanks for the great mod!

Um...why keep the sound volume at these levels, Athlonic?

To my understanding the plugin's volume for voices does not comply with KSP's "Voices" sound level bar. So I have manually turned down Chatter volumes to 20%(same as my voices(and all other sounds of KSP for that matter)).

The issue that we(or atleast me) have is that Chatterer does not seem to care whether I set its own Chatter and beep volume to 20%. The first time I switch to a vehicle - the volume is probably 100% even if the bar shows 20%. The moment I touch the bar, even during transmission, the volume immediately goes down to the selected level and stays this way until i switch craft again.

I'm curious to find out if you ever found a fix for the chatterer volume reset? I have the same problem, but wanted to point out that it isn't the different-settings-per-vehicle option, because the volume resets to (really, really) loud just from skipping from orbital rocket to tracking center and back. Maybe we can set the default volume in the cfg? I want mine down to 3. Seriously. Then I can crank the KSP ambience volume and rockets for MOAR BASS. I've tried re-installing to the latest build, deleting the chatterer plugin cfg. but the volume just insists on resetting itself to about 80%, even though the slider says 3%. One touch of the slider and it immediately goes back to the proper 3%. Jump to any ship, location, or the TS and chatter volumes reset...

Edited by Pokpok

Maybe I'm slow, but i cant hear anything. Ive tried and tried......uninstalled....reinstalled. Am i doing something wrong? I have the menu on my screen. When i go to advanced options I have the apollo ect. voice clips in the menu bar but it says there are none? I dont understand what i could be doing wrong. do i need a sat? do i need a specific com device? do i need to jump off a bridge. HELP! i really want this mod to work.

I believe i did have it right. As i said i can see everything in the game but in game the advanced options say i have (0 clips) of the apollo russian and sts missions. No beeps as well but i can navigate through the tool bar. I just tried downloading this mod last night with a number of other mods. I was thinking maybe it was conflicting with one such but it seems as if only 1 file wasnt carrying over into game situations (i.e. sound) but after many attempts i finallly uninstalled all mods and the game. reinstalled it with only the chatter mod. checked the folder structure which was consistent to what was posted and it still didnt work.

I really feel as if I am utterly bamboozled trying to navigate through these files to see if I was missing something. Im not an expert or even novice mod installer/file navigator but ive downloaded many mods that work. I dont see why i cant simply unpack the chatter gamedata folder into the KSP game data folder and POUF! Magic!

If anyone would want to do a video chat to try and help me that would be great because i feel as if its something im doing or not doing in the beginning stages of the download.

@Iannic-ann-od

I really like your mod, it adds a new level of realism to the game! Would you mind uploading / sending me the original audio files (not the reversed, high-pitched ones) so that I can try to use them an see which version I like more?

Would be much appreciated :)

Edited by selfmade

Out of memory... :S a lot of plugins? around 38 pluginss. I will try to delete some plugins. Which one recommend me?

Do you mean mods? plugins don't (generally) take too much memory, it's usually textures from mod packs which run KSP over the limit

Do you mean mods? plugins don't (generally) take too much memory, it's usually textures from mod packs which run KSP over the limit

Yep, sorry ^^ i mean mods: B9 aerospace pack, Procedural Farings, kethane, deadly reentry, home, kosmos, kspx, novapunch etc...

Yep, sorry ^^ i mean mods: B9 aerospace pack, Procedural Farings, kethane, deadly reentry, home, kosmos, kspx, novapunch etc...

Try the basic install of Active Texture Management first (if you're not using it already), after that you might want to pull specific parts out that you never (and I mean never ever) use

Try the basic install of Active Texture Management first (if you're not using it already), after that you might want to pull specific parts out that you never (and I mean never ever) use

I have it installed... I uninstalled some mods and it works fine. So, some mods run my mem out :S

I have it installed... I uninstalled some mods and it works fine. So, some mods run my mem out :S

I ended up deleting a lot of parts from the various mods I'm using (do you really need, 6 different 1.25 x ~3m fuel tanks for instance? and parts I never use), and also manually reviewing the texture sizes and re-scaling some of them (tiny parts with a huge textures, empty huge textures etc, literally blank normal maps in some cases)

Managed to knock ~600MB off the memory level KSP runs at, not really getting memory overflows anymore, just NULLREF's from something