[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Changelog:

v0.5.9.4:

• Recompiled for KSP v0.24 (First Contracts)
  • Fixed chatter volume resetting @80% on awake (finally)

Dropbox : Chatterer_0.5.9.4

32bit & 64bit version available, just in case.

(Tested 32bit version on KSP 64bit without issue, but you never know)

Let me know if you encounter any issue, enjoy ;)

Edited by Athlonic

Changelog:

v0.5.9.4:

• Recompiled for KSP v0.24 (First Contracts)
  • Fixed chatter volume resetting @80% on awake (finally)

Dropbox : Chatterer_0.5.9.4

32bit & 64bit version available, just in case.

(Tested 32bit version on KSP 64bit without issue, but you never know)

Let me know if you encounter any issue, enjoy ;)

Edited by Athlonic
Link fixed

Wow thought I'd have to wait a while for mods. Great work! Love the mod.

I hope I'm set to run 64bit but I'm kind of computer dumb. If I do have 64bit, which of the two new available downloads should I choose?

Edited by Aethon

You are welcome guys.

Wow thought I'd have to wait a while for mods. Great work! Love the mod.

I hope I'm set to run 64bit but I'm kind of computer dumb. If I do have 64bit, which of the two new available downloads should I choose?

I put x86 version just in case something goes wrong for some people.

Just go for the x64 "master race" one ;)

Hey guys...i need help! i have "installed" this mod but it does not work. Despite the fact that the chatterer settings can be displayed i'm not able to hear any sound!

Another weirdness is this: in the settings i can read that zero clips are present! even if i specify a custom directory with the sounds files it still display zero clips.

Thanks!

So, how does one access the settings the normal way? The OP doesn't say. The readme doesn't say. There is no chatterer button listed in my toolbar config. I edited chatterers configfile to force the settings dialog visible, but i guess there must be a proper way to display it? The configfile mentions a button position, but i see no new button on the screen.

EDIT: Yes, i installed stuff into correct paths - or at least i didn't mess with the paths in the archive.

@ rynak

All I can think of is ... bad installation paths ^^

Check you don't have 2 "GameData" folders in a row.

While you are in the plugin.cfg file, try to put "hide_all_windows = False" and see if you get the icon (EDIT: Nah it shouldn't display if Toolbar is present anyway).

But again, if all is correctly installed you should see a Chatterer icon in your Toolbar (at least, in the visible toolbar button config)

Hope this helps.

Installation paths:

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/plugins/Chatterer.dll

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/plugins/PluginData/Chatterer/plugin.cfg

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Sounds <--- various stuff in there, but irrelevant since sounds work fine

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Textures/chatterer_icon_off.png

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Textures/chatterer_icon_on.png

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Textures/chatterer_icon_toolbar.png

KSP/GameData/Chatterer/Textures/line_512x4.png

I'm quite sure the above is correct? Toolbar version is one i downloaded yesterday, so should be fine?

While you are in the plugin.cfg file, try to put "hide_all_windows = False" and see if you get the icon (EDIT: Nah it shouldn't display if Toolbar is present anyway).

Already did that - that's how i got the settings window to show at all.

Moved a batch of plugins to another temporary directory, and now the button shows up. Seems to be an incompatibility, with another mod's version. Will try to narrow it down one mod at a time.

Sorry for the false alarm. Thanks for bothering.

Hello, I have been having lots of crashes after installing tons of mods (All 0.24). I installed a bunch of the same time so I checked the output log and found this:

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103970000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x000000007D0EDDE5) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Chatterer.chatterer:load_plugin_settings () + 0x4b5 (000000007D0ED930 000000007D0EDF96) [0000000001F64D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000000007D0ECE96) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Chatterer.chatterer:Awake () + 0xda6 (000000007D0EC0F0 000000007D0ED1D4) [0000000001F64D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x0000000003CF72DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000003CF7270 0000000003CF734A) [0000000001F64D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000007FEE0BA36CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e

(0x000000000A3613F8) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x0000000001F64D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Does this mean Chatterer is the one causing my crashes?

I am afraid you will have to :

- install Chatterer

- Test

- install another mod

- Test

- install another mod again

- Test

- (...)

until it crashes

I would be thankful if you could report back ^^

sightly more efficient suggestion would be to remove half your mods and retest. If the crash still occurs, remove half of the remaining mods and retest. Keep track of the mods most recently removed and continue until you find a group of mods that no longer crash the game after they have been removed. Then narrow in from there.

Oh guys this was my bad, been running the 64bits all this time, even after removing Chatterer I got crashes for other reasons and mods, all seems good playing on 32bits.