[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

OK, I don't know where you guys are getting this but my capsules don't generate any kind of power.

I misspoke. More accurately, the engine generates power to the capsule battery while it is burning (as I mentioned, like the fuel cells on our modern spacecraft).

Not getting any crew chatter since updating to the latest DLL. Beeps are working as well as SSTV, just no Kerbal speak. Any suggestions on what to look at to fix it? I added the paths in for the sound clips since there weren't any. Is this the full path from the root of the drive?

What do you mean by "added the paths in for the sound clips since there weren't any"? What happened to them? :)

Check your chatter files paths. If you added them manually, check that they are all lower-case.

Extra debugging is turned on in 0.5.1+ and the game log will have lots of Chatterer info that might help figure out what is going wrong.

If all else fails, re-install the 0.5 version with all files, and then just replace the dll with one of the updated dlls.

edit: Chatterer 0.5.3 with individual vessel settings available! Download link in OP.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

deleted the RBR directory, re-installed from the Spaceport DL of 0.5, installed latest DLL. At flight launch I get a screen that says Jaberer 0.5.2 and that no sound files can be found. Deleted RBR folder again, reinstalled from 0.5 and everything is fine.

Copied 0.5.2 DLL downloaded fresh from 1st post. I get beeps and SSTV but no Kerbal chatter. Heres a screenshot of the "Sets" tab.

G03g1Lr.png

Heres a section of the output_log.txt:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'chatterer' from assembly 'chatterer, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

[CHATR] Awake() starting...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

[CHATR] audiosets.cfg loaded into ConfigNode OK

[CHATR] No chatter clips found to load!

[CHATR] load_settings START

[CHATR] beepsource_list.Count == 0, adding default 3

[CHATR] load_settings() END :: beepsource.Count = 3

[CHATR] icon textures exist, loading...

[CHATR] icon textures loaded

[CHATR] loading Quindar clip

CHATR] Quindar clip loaded

Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (rbr_chatter_player).

(Filename: Line: 413)

Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (rbr_chatter_player).

(Filename: Line: 413)

[CHATR] new delay between exchanges: 70

[CHATR] Initial chatter set is empty

[CHATR] Response chatter set is empty

[CHATR] new sstv timer limit set: 2486

[CHATR] Awake() has finished...

I'll try the 0.5.3 update and report results.

Edited by Gristle

Problem found and corrected.

0.5+ versions trying to load audiosets.cfg as a ConfigNode when 0.5 did not save it as a ConfigNode. File loads okay, but no data to load so no chatter directories and no chatter.

0.5.4 is up in the OP with a fix for this. Alternatively, you can simply delete the old audiosets.cfg file and it will be recreated OK.

0.5.4 is up in the OP with a fix for this. Alternatively, you can simply delete the old audiosets.cfg file and it will be recreated OK.

Is it intentional that the title of the Chatterer window is "LHX Attach Chopper 0.5.4" when I drop the 0.5.4 DLL into my existing install?

Is it intentional that the title of the Chatterer window is "LHX Attach Chopper 0.5.4" when I drop the 0.5.4 DLL into my existing install?

Yes. I was sleep-deprived and goofy a few nights ago and started naming the small updates after old games I loved. Current in-progress version has been named Lemonade Stand. :)

Yes. I was sleep-deprived and goofy a few nights ago and started naming the small updates after old games I loved. Current in-progress version has been named Lemonade Stand. :)

Okay. I knew I hadn't had a copy of that installed for several generations of computer. Lemonade Stand, eh? That must be an epic update to qualify for that name :)

I hate being a pain, but I believe there is a new bug with the 0.5.4 version. I get the Chatterrer dialogs opening everytime I launch a new vessel or change to a new vessel. Is Chatterer supposed to be doing this? Good news is 0.5.4 has fixed my initial problem and I now have Kerbal speak!!

I hate being a pain, but I believe there is a new bug with the 0.5.4 version. I get the Chatterrer dialogs opening everytime I launch a new vessel or change to a new vessel. Is Chatterer supposed to be doing this? Good news is 0.5.4 has fixed my initial problem and I now have Kerbal speak!!

When switching vessels, it's kind of a bug. I prefer to think of it as an undesired but not necessarily bad side effect. Long story short, I had problems getting docking auto-chatter to work right and my quick solution to that also causes auto-chatter when switching vessels. I'll work on straightening that out after I finish adding the rest of the new stuff.

When it happens on the launchpad is not a plugin bug. Chatterer plays auto-chatter whenever the vessel.situation value changes (LANDED, FLYING, SUB-ORBITAL, ORTBITING, etc). For reasons unknown, sometimes KSP will change a vessel on the launchpad from PRELAUNCH to FLYING just after physics kicks in, even though it is still clamped in with engines off. Seems to happen to me most often with a vessel that has been on the pad for a while and I have loaded and closed it a few times.

Edited by Iannic-ann-od

I'm having the same issue as Gristle, even with 5.4...except the button at the bottom of the screen looks staticky. I don't have a screen shot as I'm at work and didn't think to take one last night, but I will take a shot when I get a chance.

I completely deleted the whole RBR folder, then did a fresh install of 5.0 from the Spaceport Link and dropped in the 5.4 dll from the first post. The wonky thing is 5.2 worked great.

Edit: well, durr...I have my laptop with me.

First photo shows no sounds found, and a row of static between the buttons and the chatter frequency, bottom shows the staticky button next to the menu (bottom of the screen between the menu window and the navball.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by MainSailor
I'm a tool.

I'm having the same issue as Gristle, even with 5.4...except the button at the bottom of the screen looks staticky. I don't have a screen shot as I'm at work and didn't think to take one last night, but I will take a shot when I get a chance.

I completely deleted the whole RBR folder, then did a fresh install of 5.0 from the Spaceport Link and dropped in the 5.4 dll from the first post. The wonky thing is 5.2 worked great.

Edit: well, durr...I have my laptop with me.

First photo shows no sounds found, and a row of static between the buttons and the chatter frequency, bottom shows the staticky button next to the menu (bottom of the screen between the menu window and the navball.

You have a much worse issue than Gristle :) None of the sounds could be loaded or the textures, that's why they are just staticky. Double-check your paths. You have an extra folder, missing a folder, or misspelled folder name somewhere in there.

It works fine using the .5 release from Spaceport. I drop the 5.4 dll on top of the one in there and it does the above.

It's not a big deal...5 works great for me out of the box. I'm planning on a complete fresh install when .21 hits so we'll see again then.

Geez I am letting out some pretty bad bugs lately. I was able to duplicate your problem.

If you install 0.5 and use it once so it can create config files and THEN drop the new .dll, it will work OK. This is what I did to test and fix Gristle's problem.

If you install 0.5 and don't use it once and then drop the new .dll, we get this error.

The problem is regarding the path used to save the audiosets.cfg file. The 0.5 version would automatically create the PluginData/chatterer folders for saving the config files to.

The new ConfigNode save/load method does NOT automatically create the PluginData/chatterer folders and freaks out when you try to tell it to save to a path that isn't there.

Fix Option 1) Manually create PluginData/chatterer folders in /GameData/RBR/Plugins

Fix Option 2) Run the 0.5 version at least once before installing the new .dll

FFR, I can identify and fix errors MUCH faster if you can post log errors, too. As soon as I saw this line "IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\KSP\ksp-win-0-20-2\KSP_win\GameData\RBR\Plugins\PluginData\chatterer\audiosets.cfg"." in the log I knew the problem, whereas your pics had me on a totally different track.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention!

If you install 0.5 and don't use it once and then drop the new .dll, we get this error.

I think this is my problem exactly. When I installed 0.5.4, I had completely deleted the old install (0.5.2 I think), installed the 0.5 from Spaceport, then dropped the 0.5.4 dll in without running KSP. Sorry to muck up your fine plugin!

I'm still running .21 essentially stock to see which plugins are breaking, so I will do this trick the next time I restart. Thanks!

Loving this mod would love to see what custom "chatter" people add!

I've been hoping someone *nudge* would create and share some, too. *nudge nudge* My least favorite part of making this plugin is editing the sounds.

Also, some plugin restrictions have been lifted with KSP 0.21 that are going to change how Chatterer will load sounds:

- Files will no longer have to conform to a strict naming pattern to be found by the plugin. Just drag and drop any wav, aif, ogg, or mp3 into the proper folder.

- No limit on the number of clips or beeps to load.

Unrelated to KSP 0.21, the next version of Chatterer will save and load the chatter set settings per vessel so you can have vessels that only use the russian chatter, for example.

Added a link in the OP to a new test Chatterer v.0.5.5. Works fine on Windows, but I'd be really grateful in particular if anyone using Mac or Linux to play KSP would try it and let me know if they get any path problems while loading chatter.

Added a link in the OP to a new test Chatterer v.0.5.5. Works fine on Windows, but I'd be really grateful in particular if anyone using Mac or Linux to play KSP would try it and let me know if they get any path problems while loading chatter.

I'm on it! (Running Linux)

Game boots correctly.

Probe loads up and GUI appears. Lemonade Stand? Beeps are beeping.

Manned ship loads up and sounds work.

Seems to be working.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

-snip-

I got this "problem" too (the first picture). I know how it happened, and I wish I can do something about it.

I like what I throw in my GameData folder, to actually say what the mod is (incase I need to do some cleaning out of mods I'm in no need of anymore).

I'm sorry, but the whole "RBR" folder isn't telling me what mod this is when I go over my GameData mod list. Unfortunately by renaming that folder to anything else (like "Chatterer"), the sound files are confused as they're looking for the original folder name.

I see no way that I can get in there and say: "ok, sound files, point to THIS folder instead!".