[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

I'm looking forward to the update. I've not actually used Chatterer before, but I think that's going to change.

Though, I'm curious, what's the GUI mod that you're running in that video? It shows the orbital information such as the AP/PE, heading, and other info? It looks pretty useful.

I hope you do try it. It adds some nice flavor to the game.

The info plugin I use is VOID. I never leave the launchpad without it.

Indeed. What parts would you hide? I'm thinking the filters and copy/paste buttons certainly can be hidden for basic use. Maybe the Add/Rmv buttons for beeps? Hiding these would pretty much take it back to how it looked at 0.5 (OP image).

Sorry; long time, no respond. Yes, what you've mentioned would definitely do. Even being able to expand/contract the beeps and chatter sections independantly would really tidy things up. I know I don't need to see the booping menu on manned ships, and the chatter menu for my probes.

EDIT: Actually, I really liked ol' .1, with nothing but a volume control. What if it was just volume controls (three, I guess; for chattering booping, and the upcoming muziker-ing), with an options button that pops out the rest?

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

Would it be possible for all the Mods that create an on screen button to share the code for the ability to move that button?

Or all coordinate on making a 'toolbar' mod to dock them to?

I know that Chatterer already has this. Perhaps you could pass the code around.

I'm cross-posting this on multiple threads.

Would it be possible for all the Mods that create an on screen button to share the code for the ability to move that button?

Or all coordinate on making a 'toolbar' mod to dock them to?

I know that Chatterer already has this. Perhaps you could pass the code around.

I'm cross-posting this on multiple threads.

Posted the code for that last time this came up. Didn't get much traction.

Chatterer 0.5.7 download link now up in the OP. Have a try and let me know what's good, what sucks and what else should be added. If you find a bug please include a log file with your post. "It doesn't work. Fix it" is not going to get you anywhere.

Chatterer 0.5.7 download link now up in the OP. Have a try and let me know what's good, what sucks and what else should be added. If you find a bug please include a log file with your post. "It doesn't work. Fix it" is not going to get you anywhere.

too bad it is very late here in Germany..but will totally test it soon. So good to see ,there is an update

Engine hum, nice!

The UI seems to forget and change its layout though - will have to test more after work.

There are a lot of large new audio files included now.

Hm, will have to either pick the ones I want to use or find a way to shrink them. My RAM is becoming more and more ... I mean less and less ...

I'm using v0.22 sandbox mode. I d/l the new zip halfway down the first post. Dump into gamedata - just like all my other mods (I have a few). Launch game.

No chatting noises and no 'microphone' icon. :( It seems the dll is not loading. I notice there is no part in the zip file? Is that right? I have quite a few mods so I'm not ruling out a conflict. Thx.

(yes - I removed all previous versions)

Edit: working now - there is a conflict. I removed flight recorder, persistent trails, telemachus and rcsbuildaid then restarted. Chatterer then worked. So there is a conflict with one or all of those.

Edited by togfox

I'm using v0.22 sandbox mode. I d/l the new zip halfway down the first post. Dump into gamedata - just like all my other mods (I have a few). Launch game.

No chatting noises and no 'microphone' icon. :( It seems the dll is not loading. I notice there is no part in the zip file? Is that right? I have quite a few mods so I'm not ruling out a conflict. Thx.

Edit: working now - there is a conflict. I removed flight recorder, persistent trails, telemachus and rcsbuildaid then restarted. Chatterer then worked. So there is a conflict with one or all of those.

Can you include a log file? This is way too vague to troubleshoot effectively.

It's not telemachus I have that installed and it works.

I deleted everything I did not want - seems to work - but I left one ambient in and like the ship hum so far. :)

I am only using Apollo, one STS (sound the same annoying way anyway :P ), half the beeps, the ship hums and left in one ambient file to be safe.

I deleted everything I did not want - seems to work - but I left one ambient in and like the ship hum so far. :)

I am only using Apollo, one STS (sound the same annoying way anyway :P ), half the beeps, the ship hums and left in one ambient file to be safe.

Cool! Thanks.