KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

The Neptune-class destroyer is the newest in the Holst line of warships. It features seven tirepedoes, plus three guided missiles, two anti-fighter missiles, and ECM. The armor is tough to crack, and the interplanetary range makes it ideal for terrorizing stations around Duna or Eve. TQcpzgJ.png

*Glad to see this thread revived!*

Edited by Servo

*Gasp*

A thread entirely for space battleships? Where i can view the community's space war creativity all i like to my heart's content? Where i can get tons of inspiration and maybe even post my own designs for all to see? A thread that's updated at a decent pace?!

omg i must keep this alive like all the things!

Edited by quasarrgames

My last ship on this thread was a non-military test bed for an all ion (except for launch stage) capital ship.  It can run all 64 ion engines without draining its batteries yet with no need for solar panels allowing for deep space travel (though its xenon gas would run out long before it leaves Kerbin orbit).  This small carrier comes with twice as many engines for a whopping 80 dV thrust. :D  It launches with 2 fighters on board (doesn't quite make it to orbit yet so I cheated).  At just under 800 tons and 1085 parts, this heavyweight will melt your computer so be warned that you will have to endure a slideshow (it's times like this I wish they would add MK3 sized PB-Nukes & ion engines).

Side doors open up on each side of the runway leading to hangar bays.  99% of my effort went towards the carrier & 1% towards the fighters which is why they look so crude.

I couldn't get better screenshots because this thing ran like molasses.

Edited by evader
added hyphen

5 hours ago, evader said:

My last ship on this thread was a non-military test bed for an all ion (except for launch stage) capital ship.  It can run all 64 ion engines without draining its batteries yet with no need for solar panels allowing for deep space travel (though its xenon gas would run out long before it leaves Kerbin orbit).  This small carrier comes with twice as many engines for a whopping 80 dV thrust. :D  It launches with 2 fighters on board (doesn't quite make it to orbit yet so I cheated).  At just under 800 tons and 1085 parts, this heavyweight will melt your computer so be warned that you will have to endure a slideshow (it's times like this I wish they would add MK3 sized PB-Nukes & ion engines).

Side doors open up on each side of the runway leading to hangar bays.  99% of my effort went towards the carrier & 1% towards the fighters which is why they look so crude.

I couldn't get better screenshots because this thing ran like molasses.

That's quite the behemoth. evader. How'd you get enough electricity to fun all those ion engines?

5 hours ago, Servo said:

That's quite the behemoth. evader. How'd you get enough electricity to fun all those ion engines?

What looks like the core of a nuclear power plant is actually 384 PN-NUKs and 4 large xenon tanks placed in a small MK3 cargo bay and saved as a sub-assembly.  I have 2 of these, one on each side at the back of the ship which are the source of the game slowdown.  Maybe when 1.1 is out it will run faster if the patch will support a larger part count.

539146D36C4CEC152AEF3F648ED358897511DC94

Edited by evader

3 hours ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Now that 1.1 is officially out, I would hope to see more craft here. I love to see what everyone's done here! If fact, I may or may not be working on something right now...

Hopefully it will allow me to up the part count on my ships, as since 1.0 I've had to put a hold on them due to poor performance.

On April 19, 2016 at 9:03 AM, evader said:

What looks like the core of a nuclear power plant is actually 384 PN-NUKs and 4 large xenon tanks placed in a small MK3 cargo bay and saved as a sub-assembly.  I have 2 of these, one on each side at the back of the ship which are the source of the game slowdown.  Maybe when 1.1 is out it will run faster if the patch will support a larger part count.

539146D36C4CEC152AEF3F648ED358897511DC94

HOLY MOHO THAT'S A LOT OF RTG'S!!! 

Love the ship though!

2 hours ago, ImperialistPigDog said:

That thing is massive! what kind of engines dose it have?

Twin Boars, I think (Spartwo has a construction timelapse on his channel). Takes six of them to manage. But yeah, that thing is crazy.

Oh MAN! it's been a while for me.

Thankfully 1.1 has given me the motivation i needed to get back into the action.

I have been working on some new huge carriers:

tc8IyPK.png

^  The Hub 1  ^

zlRfnyd.png

^  The Hub 2  ^

foGStpb.png

1M8YZi9.png

^  The Hub 3  ^

Also, in unrelated news, my youtube channel has undergone a few changes, but don't worry it is still me. "PastaRastaGaming" is the new name :).

Edited by 8bitgammers

I decided that the best way to test my new Battleship was to have it battle itself.

This led to the collision of the two 1067 part crafts:

Also, in unrelated news, I have updated the names of all my craft:

NdINjTN.png

kXSQtZG.png

zsxOTye.png

"OKN" is the name of my organization, the "S" stands for spacecraft, "M" stands for military, next is the size "S, M, L, or XL", then I put the first two letters of the craft type I.E: Fighter; Fi, or Carrier; Ca, and finally I put and identification number that helps me find the craft if there are others with the rest of it's name the same.

Edited by 8bitgammers

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I’m back! (“Who’s that guy?” “Dunno, never heard of him.” Etc)

Now that exams are done with for another year, I decided to get back into KSP-ing again. So here’s my first creation from 1.1.2, the D1-1 ‘Dagger’-class light destroyer:

D1-1%20Duna%20ii.jpg

And a WIP heavy fighter, my first ever attempt at making something that doesn’t look awful:

V1-1%20VAB%20i.jpg

I also have a couple of questions for you guys:

1) Where’s weapons tech at nowadays? Is it still ‘strap a girder/iBeam/plate to the front of an SRB and point it in the right direction’?

2) How do you make all fuel tanks in a set of stacks drain evenly? I need it for the fighter craft.

Also, on the trial run of the D1-1 above, I tested out a jumbo-sized smart missile for the first time, and boy was I impressed. After devastating a piece of debris from a previous prototype (which wobbled itself apart), I aimed one at another part 3.2km away using the fancy new navigational aids on the SAS system (and a bit of personal tweaking). I didn’t hit the thing, but I was within 5 meters on the first part, and I got a second pass at it (~15m away).

You can also now check out my thread! Fingers crossed I can actually stick to updating it this time around...

Edited by Orky Kultur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2016 at 8:37 PM, ScriptKitt3h said:

Got my supercarrier on its first shakedown run today, felt great seeing it in orbit properly for the first time

Damn...

No, seriously. DAMN...

I've never seen a space carrier that actually looks like it's fit to be a carrier. But this thing is different. So how much stuff can it hold? How armored is it? Part count?

Edited by Matuchkin

On June 14, 2016 at 7:37 PM, ScriptKitt3h said:

Got my supercarrier ~snip~

SWGYsq6.png

I like the overall shape, especially the front, but I think the top is a bit too flat. Maybe a ridge would help?

Nice ship overall as always though, I really like your work. :)

Edited by Planetfall

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.