KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

I do believe the crew is still located in the front.

Jeb is fearless

I'm trying to copy the Co-10 but using the 5m parts from NovaPunch and the B9 structure panels.....

Needless to say its not even close to fitting in the SPH. The Zpinch engines are also the only thing which could move it and they arn't 0.20 yet :(

You forgot something; the entire ship is a weapon. Prepare for RAMMING SPEEDS!!!!

Anyone watch Danny's videos? Know how he made that planet-destroyer craft?

Time for a Death Star in KSP! >: D

Somehow, though, you'll need to make it pretty, and try to scale down Danny's design to fit many of them without leaving massive chunks in the hull where they were held.

Ok some ppl asked for the craft files which i've been rather erratic at putting up. :P Heres all the ones I could find but they are all 0.19 so they may be buggy in 0.20 from what i've heard.

Co-1A https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qoeb4yjewbigh8g/EX5hILvgNH/Co-A1.craft

Co-8B https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qoeb4yjewbigh8g/hlBdwZFnbX/Co-8B.craft

Fr-7A Yep i've definatly lost this one :( No idea how but may have been careless with the files on the changover to 0.20 :P

SSF-1A https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qoeb4yjewbigh8g/BNSLxyl91C/SSF-1A.craft

CF-5A https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qoeb4yjewbigh8g/Pz3eEQEb7w/CF-5A.craft

Co-8A

jkO2CQM.jpg

Fr-7A

blSTbmD.jpg

SSF-1A

6Vf6e7u.jpg

These craft are simply amazing, especially the Co-8A. I love the amount of detail that went into each, anc how streamlined they are. The Fr-7A would probably kill my computer. I tried downloading these, but it said the file was no longer availible. Could you possibly put it back up, or just reply with another link or such. Thanks.

These craft are simply amazing, especially the Co-8A. I love the amount of detail that went into each, anc how streamlined they are. The Fr-7A would probably kill my computer. I tried downloading these, but it said the file was no longer availible. Could you possibly put it back up, or just reply with another link or such. Thanks.

I lost the Fr-7 while transfering to 0.20 (accidently transfered a mockup version :P) The others should still work though?

Hey saw someone in the thread trying to make an odst drop pod (imagine its going to be attached in bulk to larger ships) theres some good pods available from the space port for people making orbital assault transports, the Wayland Egg pod is good provided your close to the planet, the Kappa pod can have a lot more placed on the hull of vessels but you will need to be literally above atmosphere for the pods not to just orbit when released, the Correlian pods good but Is quite large but can carry multiple kerbals, and the space tech.... I think that's the correct name is good as its the most easy to control. I'll upload images later, but I use the egg pod in one of my fighter craft designs the pod basically serves as the command function when the crafts damaged or about to explode the pod can survive the blast or be ejected early and still land safely. Images to come along with how I use them alongside some model kits as impromptu carriers.

Hey saw someone in the thread trying to make an odst drop pod (imagine its going to be attached in bulk to larger ships) theres some good pods available from the space port for people making orbital assault transports, the Wayland Egg pod is good provided your close to the planet, the Kappa pod can have a lot more placed on the hull of vessels but you will need to be literally above atmosphere for the pods not to just orbit when released, the Correlian pods good but Is quite large but can carry multiple kerbals, and the space tech.... I think that's the correct name is good as its the most easy to control. I'll upload images later, but I use the egg pod in one of my fighter craft designs the pod basically serves as the command function when the crafts damaged or about to explode the pod can survive the blast or be ejected early and still land safely. Images to come along with how I use them alongside some model kits as impromptu carriers.

Most likely it was me asking; I've been using Kappa pods with a disposable drop section to get my brave (or suicidal, the verdicts till out on that) kerbalnauts... I was really hoping, since we have seats, if someone could do a pod that our kerbalnauts could climb into, seal the hatch, and jump out of once the pods hit the ground....

That looks pretty amazing there, especially the smaller one, the fighter, I am very much liking the looks of that one! :D

Congratulations on the builds :D

Two more. A small fighter and a work in progress. The fighter and launch vehicle can be downloaded HERE. It's stock.

bwqU6A4.png

Dun8O8R.jpg

ilhHS3a.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.