KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

Yeah Rune, it's a very impressive ship regardless... It's nicely designed and has great features. It looks like something you'd take to war. :P

Wish it was stock. T^T But it's alright... >: D I'm makin' my own capital ships.

how did you get that beast into orbit?

Well you won't believe it, but getting it off the runway is actually harder than getting it into orbit. It's relatively stable it's just hard to take off due to its lenght.

Yeah Rune, it's a very impressive ship regardless... It's nicely designed and has great features. It looks like something you'd take to war. :P

Wish it was stock. T^T But it's alright... >: D I'm makin' my own capital ships.

I work for Celestial Industries, its a group like this one dedicated to space violence in KSP.

Anyhow I just made a capital ship sized carrier which is over 800 parts and power by 10 mainsail engines if your interested in capital ships.

Ok, I have updated the Dreadnought file after cleaning out the mods (hopefully) and solving the adapter issue (again, cross your fingers, the new one is untested), and fixing the staging so you don't have to. Visually it's pretty much the same thing. It should be the same link, but just in case:

http://www./?fqrclq6g5f44gjb

If you find any problems, as always, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

A note on the (included) fighters: they come attached by the nose with decouplers, but they have a nice big docking port on the back that is the one intended for the ship end. That way you can arm them with missiles from the carrier on the nose before they head out. But, that port with covers won't attach while building, hence the strange arrangement. Also, the decouplers don't make decent weapons unless you edit the part to give it at least 10x the ejection force (I have them at 20x normal), and even then their destructive power is untested. However, I can guarantee you nice, visually pleasing, explosions, and they look like cannons, so what more could you ask of them? Once you expend them, though, there are docking ports where you can attach more conventional missiles behind them.

Rune. Have fun blowing stuff up!

Rune, it's stock now? D: Or it still has mods on the kachigger?

Hehehe, yup, all stock unless I missed something. Try it and tell me! If it misbehaves, please post here the message so I know what I'm looking for. It is kind of difficult to handle close to 700 parts, even on the hangar.

It is actually very close to the height limit, while I was messing around with the adapter I found out just one more meter, and you can't launch it without the engines clipping the runway, it just won't go high enough on the SPH. Which may be visually impressive, the whole thing collapsing and exploding, but wasn't what I was going for. ^^'

Awww yeeeeee Rune, I'm gonna download the crap out of it when I get home.

Aha, I getcha Bill. But no excuse. ;D No mods for me! So you don't know the weight of the craft? :(

Use Kerbal engineer plugin to check, if you want (and if you will, make sure you measure just the craft not with the launch vehicle. :P) Still sounds neato, though man. Got pics?

With everyone making carriers I figured I'd try my hand at space bomber. Here's my attempt at an all stock craft, I call it the Vela. Here it is undergoing flight testing around the Mun, less dangerous when things blow up. Those dual small SRBs really pack a wallop. :0.0:

q28MO0l.jpg

It's a got couple of Jr. ports to hold less massive munitions.

looks pretty cool whats the engine that it uses you cant see from this angle

Sorry, here's the rear of the craft. It has overkill in terms of engines, 6 Ion drives for long duration missions and two LV-909s because I'm using a FL-T800 as a body and I thought "why Not?" And surprisingly enough it glides fairly well in Kerbin Atmo, unloaded.

N5Fi7xJl.jpg

And here is travel mode.

wFgaPXrl.jpg

Awww yeeeeee Rune, I'm gonna download the crap out of it when I get home.

Aha, I getcha Bill. But no excuse. ;D No mods for me! So you don't know the weight of the craft? :(

Use Kerbal engineer plugin to check, if you want (and if you will, make sure you measure just the craft not with the launch vehicle. :P) Still sounds neato, though man. Got pics?

1 it dosent have a launch stage...

2 I can make it stock if you wish but it will be you who has t find a way to get it into orbit

3 I dont have pics but ive got a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PekCUJ3bQF4

(sorry I dont kno how to post vids onto forums directly)

My WIP. Based off the StarCraft Battlecruiser. 2085 parts and pushing 700t. I named it "Meltdown" for obvious reasons. :P

Currently the only armament only 14 smart missiles. Mods are the ION Hybrid Pack and MechJeb.

gbeYJs0.jpg

cYuzAgq.png

Edited by 23278

Mine is big and it flies, but it had to be cheated into orbit. Yours may not fly, but it is a more war-like looking replica and you actually put it into orbit legitimately.

They're both pretty awesome! :D

Edit: Crap, now that I've tried looking up the real-life ship, I noticed I messed up the name. It's HMS Dreadnought. Also, the first one was a 1573 41-gun galleon.

In his immortal Lensman series, E.E. "Doc" Smith insisted on misspelling it "Dreadnaught", and many authors inspired by Doc Smith propagated the misspelling.

Mine is big and it flies, but it had to be cheated into orbit. Yours may not fly, but it is a more war-like looking replica and you actually put it into orbit legitimately.

They're both pretty awesome! :D

Thank's a lot man, I really appreciate it. I put a lot of work into it looking as close as I could to a BC. And mine flies as if it was piloted by a down syndrome race car driver on meth. :I But I am really glad I got it int space completely stock. *glee*

If you keep making rad stuff like that, and if you can get 'em stock, I'd love for you to join the UKD. ;D

Keep up the great work! Next up, I'm gonna work on the Normandy SR2 and my own original ship, a carrier, simultaneously.

In his immortal Lensman series, E.E. "Doc" Smith insisted on misspelling it "Dreadnaught", and many authors inspired by Doc Smith propagated the misspelling.

Apparently, that is the American spelling. According to the wiki, there were a couple of boats in the US Navy that carried that name. None as impressive as their UK counterparts, though.

Rune. I have both dictionaries installed, and use a horrible bastard mix of both.

Dr nuke

could you post a download link, its a sweet looking ship.

Sure thing. You can get it here.

You're going to have find a way to get it into orbit, I haven't had time to workout a reliable launcher, yet.

Action Groups:

1 - Toggle liquid Engines

2 - Toggle Ion Engines

8 - Undock Clamp o' Tron Jrs

9 - Undock Clamp o' Trons

10 - Deploy Solar Panels.

Have fun with it!

Two more. A small fighter and a work in progress. The fighter and launch vehicle can be downloaded HERE. It's stock.

Wow, that fighter looks awesome. Good job! Also, I have to ask about the lethality of those decouplers+separatrons. I have edited my decouplers to have an absurd eject force (and hence, speed), but what kind of damage do you get from that? It's three times the parts, but perhaps I should reconsider my arrangement...

Rune. It's also cool that stacking decouplers makes them look like cannons.

Wow, that fighter looks awesome. Good job! Also, I have to ask about the lethality of those decouplers+separatrons. I have edited my decouplers to have an absurd eject force (and hence, speed), but what kind of damage do you get from that? It's three times the parts, but perhaps I should reconsider my arrangement...

Rune. It's also cool that stacking decouplers makes them look like cannons.

From my tests the decouplers+separatrons makes a fuel tank blow up really nice, however it won't punch through structural panels. For that kind of lethality SRBs are required. The nice part is that you don't need to mess around with the configuration files.

I've started tinkering around with trying to make the decouplers and separatrons less wide, because the current arrangement takes up a lot of space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.