KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

I don't think that there is any one classification system yet. :P KIDA uses Bannons but most people use their own.

The dictionary definition of battlecruiser sets it as between cruiser and battleship. As long as he builds smaller cruisers, but bigger battleships it fits. It's all relative. :P

Edit:

I'm working on a carrier to accommodate the Starling fighters, but at the rate it's going it'll be several times the size of standard carriers like the Spirit of Kerbin from Macey Dean's space opera. xD

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Hello, this is my first post here :>

I'm new to KSP. i've just played a few hours (~40) and made it to the mun with 3 Kerbals and 2 Rover.

This is my first large ship, which was able to get into space. After a few hours of hard working i made it up to 170km. i had to fight against the CoM and the asymmetry and actually i'm working on getting it into an orbit (the time i reached the space i realised that the CoT isn't right, so it ended up by crashing into kerbal :> )

May i present to you my carrier.

able to hold 10 Kerbals and 6 fighters (which i haven't build yet) and 2(!) torpedos on it's wings

The ship it self has about 490 parts and a weight of just 115 tons.

The Lunch-System

carrier05_s.png

carrier01_s.png

Side

carrier02_s.png

Back

carrier03_s.png

Front + Hangar Bay

carrier04_s.png

Rotated View

carrier.gif

Zekes, you do know a battlecruiser is smaller than a battleship, right?

That's why it's a battlecruiser. It was a test to see if the large modular armored ship would work. It does, and now im building a true superdreadnought... just you wait.

and it's armed with 8 interplanetarry torpedoes. The Superdreadnaught will carry 24.

Edited by zekes

That's why it's a battlecruiser. It was a test to see if the large modular armored ship would work. It does, and now im building a true superdreadnought... just you wait.

and it's armed with 8 interplanetarry torpedoes. The Superdreadnaught will carry 24.

My PC is lagging at just the thought...

Almost finished a VTOL version of the Co-21. :) Everything is working but I haven't tested it on low fuel tanks. It can take off and land on both the Mun and Minmus.

It can't lift itself on kerbin however. It may be able to on Duna though. :) (Warranty void if attempted...)

9l5b49z.jpg

Edited by Comrade Jenkens

A major top-secret research project on the origin of the Munoliths has resulted in surprising breakthroughs in military technology. Now that the project is complete, daeCorp Defence Technologies is proud to reveal the new mechanized armoured raid suits or MARS Units.

The MARS22 Shieldmaiden comes with two one-meter modular weapon ports. It's able to equip a variety of weapons and tools for various missions. The Shieldmaiden's single engine has enough fuel to perform only short-range manoeuvres. (Pictured loadout: Twin Pistol miniature MAC guns)

WUT7GrSh.jpg

The MARS24 Archangel weighs in at twice the size of the smaller Shieldmaiden. Equipped with four modular one-meter weapon ports, the Archangel can be equipped with several weapon types simultaneously for a versatile mission profile. It's greater bulk makes it longer range, with greater stability carrying larger weapons such as the S-ACS Torpedo. (Pictured loadout: Pistol miniature MAC gun, S-ACS torpedo, standard missile cluster, and a decorative weapon-port cap)

A9prMQBh.jpg

Parked side-by-side in a low-gravity simulated environment:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by daemonCaptrix

Hmm... looking at what's come before, this feels a bit weak... however, here's my first attempt at something military-related.

A basic laser defence satellite, using the sunbeam laser by Romfarer. It was kinda fun to use the target laser to criss-cross the target and then watch on the docking cam as it blew up... ^^

defencesatellitekerbal_zps20c2a451.jpg

Wait... "interplanetary" torpedoes?.. Overkill!

So I made a revision of the ragnarok:

L-153 Scarab

RSAUmPD.png

Slightly more armour and heavier weapons make this more of an aggressive beast, comes with 2 broadside volleys of 5 "armour piercing" torps. As well as a frontal short ranged, high acceleration weapon, for those like myself who cant aim. The broadside torps notably also have their own probe bodies, so can be guided and used individually in the same way as the old ones on the ol' classic.

Still only 38 Tons, and still packing 3000 m/s dV with all this rubbish strapped onto it (of course the L-15X series all have that rear docking port for drop tanks and such, so their range can be greatly extended) and it turns faster now thanks to some reaction wheels. And let's not forget that the L-15X series also all have a decent ram to them, too ;)

CRAFT file

Edited by Sliinty

Ok some more detailed pictures of the Fr-9A. This thing is a lag beast and so has no practical use. :L (Think it has around 550 parts)

EHweUH7.jpg

A Ship about to enter the hanger bay.

T8S2SkC.jpg

The pilot checks if there is enough room.

laSH0IP.jpg

A Kerbal next to the ship.

tSu3WqK.jpg

it's not smart to expose your fuel tanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.