Kerbal Veterans Section :)

Supergamervictor

I joined before there was an orbital map(0.8-0.9). That crap was insane. I remember when people would compete to simply get as far away as possible from Kerbin, the only object in the Universe. I also remember Sunday Punch, very good times.

I joined before there was an orbital map(0.8-0.9). That crap was insane. I remember when people would compete to simply get as far away as possible from Kerbin, the only object in the Universe. I also remember Sunday Punch, very good times.

I remember never being able to use Sunday Punch properly because we didn't have struts. I sucked at building rockets.

I love these nostalgia threads. When I first started playing, we had the brick-o-sphere, landing on the dark side of Kerbin was always death, speaking of the darkside....Kerbin didn't rotate. I remember having to get out a chart to guesstimate if I was in orbit. I also remember contests to see who could achieve the most circular orbit.

If I'm going to be biased against "new" people, it'll involve those who joined the forums in 2012 calling themselves vets.

He is talking about the game, not the forums :) I mean, what if I joined the forums tomorrow and have played since .10? Just because I didn't join the forums doesn't mean I'm not a veteran.

• 1 month later...

A .09 experimental for me. Remember experimental releases?? I use to check back almost everyday. KSP ate my US History and Chem classes..

As a side note, does anyone still remember getting mods off kerbalspaceprogram.net? Good ole BFE-5000 :P

Joined KSP just before Minmus was brought in, unfortunately i couldnt even land on the mun by then :D (My old no atmosphere landing procedure was mostly flying straight into the mun and then trying to break the ridiculous speed i've gained by then)

I remember first time orbiting kerbin. It was a pretty eccentric one, and I had no clue as to changing it... Oh well.

Back in .13 I started, never bought the game until .15, with minmus and planes and what not.

I remember the only way you were able to tell if you were in orbit being to look at your altitude, then get the appropriate speed from the table some kind person had put together. :) Mind you, using it we were able to get our orbits pretty damn circular . . :)

I remember the only way you were able to tell if you were in orbit being to look at your altitude, then get the appropriate speed from the table some kind person had put together. :) Mind you, using it we were able to get our orbits pretty damn circular . . :)

Oh jeez.. THOSE were the days!

I remember looking at those tables and thinking venomous thoughts at the foresight of all my old math teachers who swore up and down I'd need that boring crap someday.

The only way to fly an airplane was to get the C7 mod pack, construct the plane pointing nose up in the VAB, and launch vertically like a rocket. The landing gear was fixed in the extended position because animated parts weren't possible yet. The landing gear also may have looked like wheels, but were actually skids because true rolling wheels weren't possible yet.

With no maneuver nodes, my first time returning to Kerbin from the mun was a blind guess... point it more or less thataway and burn until it kinda feels right. I escaped the mun's SOI, did some stupid burn in some random direction, reentered the mun's SOI and freaked out 'cause I didn't know which way to go, or why. :D

The only way to fly an airplane was to get the C7 mod pack, construct the plane pointing nose up in the VAB, and launch vertically like a rocket. The landing gear was fixed in the extended position because animated parts weren't possible yet. The landing gear also may have looked like wheels, but were actually skids because true rolling wheels weren't possible yet.

With no maneuver nodes, my first time returning to Kerbin from the mun was a blind guess... point it more or less thataway and burn until it kinda feels right. I escaped the mun's SOI, did some stupid burn in some random direction, reentered the mun's SOI and freaked out 'cause I didn't know which way to go, or why. :D

Yeah those days of c7 where nothing is impossible and my planes will have a 90% of working :P.Also HI!! Thought i'd share some pics of old days :)

screenshot8.png

screenshot19.png

screenshot48.png

screenshot49.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.